Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JUNE FUND DRIVE - We need to raise some funds to keep the Tree online.

Talked to one person who said that after making donation, that person was banned.

Maybe some sort of freedom status would go with donations. How many members are there who might pay something.

And, how much would be needed per member?

There has only been one person banned in the last 3 years. And that person did make one donation that I can recall.
    Site support does not mean you are free to ignore the sites terms of service, or flagrantly disregard moderator requests.
    That would be like implying that because you paid taxes you’re free to break all the laws.
    A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.

Thank You HouseWolf for your reply. As the administrator and judge regarding TOL, You were acting in the realm of your bailiwick/jurisdiction.

Laura19 is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan88 View Post
    Talked to one person who said that after making donation, that person was banned.

Maybe some sort of freedom status would go with donations. How many members are there who might pay something.

And, how much would be needed per member?
    Wow, can't believe you said that. HW answered perfectly, you aren't free to break all the laws because you paid taxes. Geesh! That sounds like something a liberal might expect.

Furthermore, HW is one of the most patient administrators I've known, full of longsuffering. Yeah, one person banned in 3 years....your friend I guess. We are very free to express ourselves here. It's when it becomes so full of vicious hate in the name of God that it's simply beyond the pale.

Anyway, hope we can keep this site going...

THE END ISN'T NEAR.........IT'S HERE

The problem is not global warming – it is moral cooling.

We’re up to about $250. Long way from what we need to continue. Just a handful of folks have actually chipped in… So what do the rest think? Somone else should cover their share?

This ain’t the government folks. We can’t just print money to cover the cost.
    A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.

On it's way
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Laura19 is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Major suckage, HW. I don't know what else to say. Everything precious seems to be vanishing

THE END ISN'T NEAR.........IT'S HERE

The problem is not global warming – it is moral cooling.

Been flying a lot so missed this. I'll do my part. Hopefully others will too.
    Europe used to have empires. They were run by emperors.
    Then we had kingdoms. They were run by kings.
    Now we have countries...

How we doing?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

Police dog 1, bad guy nothin':

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    How we doing?
    Heading to town today after the chores, I’ll be checking the PO Box while I’m there.
    Hopefully there will be some good news.