Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Enough For You?

Default Hot Enough For You?

I was up at 4:30 AM, it was 67 degrees. At 9:00 AM it was 90. The forecast was for 117 today but this has been revised several times. The current forecast is for 109 today and 114 tomorrow, every "weather service" has a different forecast. Humidity is down in the 20s and I'm expecting heat lightening today or tomorrow :(
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Just broke 100
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Heatwaves could melt roads in the Pacific Northwest, warn experts

(Natural News) According to the National Weather Service Weather Prediction Center (NWS WPC), a record-breaking and dangerous heatwave is now hammering the west. The NWS WPC warned that more than 80 locations may "break daily high-temperature records." "Historic heat" headed for the Pacific Northwest The National Weather Service … [Read More...]

Past 100 several hours ago. Yesterday was not quite as hot as predicted; 107 predicted today and 113 tomorrow

summers are hot, winters are cold, eccept in western Canada when in the winter it can go from -30C to +30 in a day.

114, on the way to 118.

Hottest day of my life.
    I'm running the sprinklers (farm style, not with a hose) to keep my pet chicken's/turkeys and goats and sheep alive. They were panting at 8 am.

Many here don't have air conditioning. We often don't need it. Didn't even break 100 last year. I didn't even pull the old window AC out of storage last year.
    Since last fall, we've had massive wildfires and smoke, with red skies and the worst air on the planet. Windstorms that's took power for days. A ice storm that took power for weeks for some.
    Now, the hottest days of my life.
    The year from Hell isn't over.
    What's next?
    Volcano or earthquake?

Quote Originally Posted by naturallysweet View Post
    114, on the way to 118.

Hottest day of my life.
    I'm running the sprinklers (farm style, not with a hose) to keep my pet chicken's/turkeys and goats and sheep alive. They were panting at 8 am.

Many here don't have air conditioning. We often don't need it. Didn't even break 100 last year. I didn't even pull the old window AC out of storage last year.
    Since last fall, we've had massive wildfires and smoke, with red skies and the worst air on the planet. Windstorms that's took power for days. A ice storm that took power for weeks for some.
    Now, the hottest days of my life.
    The year from Hell isn't over.
    What's next?
    Volcano or earthquake?

Please, don't even mention volcanoes, I live 5 miles from one! Looks like it will hit 110 here and there is a fire nearby, probably The Dalles area

what is your humidity?????????? here it is only 108 and 22% which is good for the old bones but not for wild fires..................
    *** Light travels faster than sound...............That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.***

I have 22%; there are currently 116 wildfires in OR and WA.
    https://www.fireweatheravalanche.org/fire/state/oregon
    Make that 239 fires

It dropped to 97! Of course the wind is picking up. This is great firewood drying weather. I worry what this is doing to some of my crops. But what happens happens.

The GF's garden has been brutalized, some plants are dead, she'll be getting-up at 4AM to water again. I shall be unloading a trailer of firewood, all the wood is bone dry.