We just purchased a second chest freezer in anticipation of this coming winter's food shortages. This year, most of the excesses we grow will be frozen or canned, as opposed to giving it away to friends and neighbors. No doubt freezers will be back ordered soon.

We live in a predominantly blue state. Many of my DW's friends are heavily left-leaning college professors and school teachers. I chew my words very carefully before speaking around them so as to remain grey and out of focus. What is absolutely incredible is that virtually none of them have any idea of the western drought and coming food shortages and the potential for climate migrations within this country's own borders. They're still busy hating on Trump, rejoicing over the removal of statues in southern states, promoting same-sex marriage, and feeling sorry for the poor illegal immigrants.

The drought out west isn't a new thing, it has been building for a long time, 22 years according to climate professionals, and with no end in sight. The extreme heat this year, has exponentially increased the effects to unimaginable levels. Fires, record breaking heat, more foreign political and climate induced illegal immigration, power outages, and food shortages are combining to create a major shit storm like we've never experienced.

We live in Michigan. Moderate climate, plenty of water, great farm land, and I shudder to think of what a population migration would do to this part of the country, but it's coming as I believe this is only the beginning.