Page 1 of 123 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The food shortage thread

Default The food shortage thread

Search "Stores stockpile" on Duck Duck Go and you will find many major news outlets are carrying this story, including The Wall Street Journal.

America stockpiles: Supermarkets buy up to 25% more supplies as they predict inflation will soar and cost of essentials like bacon and milk rising by up to 14% - The Daily Mail

This rise in sales is leaving supermarket shelves depleted, forcing stores to increase their inventories to keep up with demand.

Additionally, retailers are being pushed to stockpile due to concerns that food prices will continue to surge.

Several retailers told the (The Wall Street) Journal they are receiving only around 80 percent of their orders from suppliers as key goods run out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ion-worse.html
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

UK to Face ‘Rolling Food Shortages’? - Food Processing

The United Kingdom is headed for food shortages that will resemble “rolling power cuts” due to lack of truck drivers and other labor, industry leaders are warning the government.

"...government intervention “is the only way we will be able to avert critical supply chains failing at an unprecedented and unimaginable level.”
    https://www.foodprocessing.com/indus...ood-shortages/
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

Food shortages causing rise in restaurant prices - KMTV

https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local-...taurant-prices
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

My GF went to walmart and bought the last 4 cans of spam, and grabbed some powdered milk. She says the store shelves are bare. This is the way it will stay until the commies are purged
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    My GF went to walmart and bought the last 4 cans of spam, and grabbed some powdered milk. She says the store shelves are bare. This is the way it will stay until the commies are purged
    The "pandemic" was used to terrorize the populous and provide TPTB with an excuse to destroy liberty. The coming food shortage/famine
    will be the greatest crisis yet. It will be used to consolidate their power by giving them the excuse to roll out the big guns to further the Marxist agenda.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    The "pandemic" was used to terrorize the populous and provide TPTB with an excuse to destroy liberty. The coming food shortage/famine
    will be the greatest crisis yet. It will be used to consolidate their power by giving them the excuse to roll out the big guns to further the Marxist agenda.
    Totally agree
    They will destroy the West with a series of false flags...They call this social engineering.
    Check out ICE AGE FARMER on youtube,he has tons of info on the food supply problems we are facing.

We just purchased a second chest freezer in anticipation of this coming winter's food shortages. This year, most of the excesses we grow will be frozen or canned, as opposed to giving it away to friends and neighbors. No doubt freezers will be back ordered soon.

We live in a predominantly blue state. Many of my DW's friends are heavily left-leaning college professors and school teachers. I chew my words very carefully before speaking around them so as to remain grey and out of focus. What is absolutely incredible is that virtually none of them have any idea of the western drought and coming food shortages and the potential for climate migrations within this country's own borders. They're still busy hating on Trump, rejoicing over the removal of statues in southern states, promoting same-sex marriage, and feeling sorry for the poor illegal immigrants.

The drought out west isn't a new thing, it has been building for a long time, 22 years according to climate professionals, and with no end in sight. The extreme heat this year, has exponentially increased the effects to unimaginable levels. Fires, record breaking heat, more foreign political and climate induced illegal immigration, power outages, and food shortages are combining to create a major shit storm like we've never experienced.

We live in Michigan. Moderate climate, plenty of water, great farm land, and I shudder to think of what a population migration would do to this part of the country, but it's coming as I believe this is only the beginning.

Your lucky you could find a chest freezer!
    Prepping supplies: 11 Items that are in short supply because of the coronavirus pandemic

(Natural News) People across America continue to worry because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Even preppers, who are often prepared before SHTF, are concerned because 11 items are often in short supply because of the pandemic. Prep before SHTF by reading up on these items that you also need to stock up on, like chicken for your … [Read More...]
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Bought our freezer from local Lowe's store, which was oddly enough well stocked with them. Decent pricing to boot.

It is my belief that the food shortage this winter will make the shortages experienced from Covid pale by comparison. It's estimated that 80% of the fresh fruits and vegetables sold in local stores here during the winter months come from California's central valley, which is experiencing major water cutbacks to the farms. Many farmers have already walked away from crops planted this spring. There are also a growing number of reports of cattle and hog farmers having to sell off animals at less than ideal prices as they are unable to grow or purchase feed for them. People in the major cities will get most of the water first, then the farms can divvy up what's left - if any. If the water and electrical power shortages get any worse, civil unrest on a major scale could be right around the corner.

This all points to preppers needing to take yet another hard look at updating their current supplies, and double-down like there's no tomorrow. Money will do you no good when there's no food to buy.

I bought two generators last month to keep my freezers running. and though I'm in a drought my water comes off a 12,000 ft Mtn via gravity. I'm going shopping on Thursday and look to buy everything I can. I'm buying hardware that will hold it's value as money may be worthless in a years time.