Page 10 of 123 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: The food shortage thread

I shopped yesterday at a small local employee-owned grocery store, sort of like the old A&Ps or IGAs, there was no milk, very little meat, no soda, little pasta or sauce, little cheese, no ice cream, little bread. I took photos to show my husband. While in line I chatted with a friend who works at a local Walmart. She said "oh, Walmart is worse than this." She said the warehouse, she didn't know where for sure, she guessed Arkansas, is cleaning out and this week sent them men's swimsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by carol b View Post
    I shopped yesterday at a small local employee-owned grocery store, sort of like the old A&Ps or IGAs, there was no milk, very little meat, no soda, little pasta or sauce, little cheese, no ice cream, little bread. I took photos to show my husband. While in line I chatted with a friend who works at a local Walmart. She said "oh, Walmart is worse than this." She said the warehouse, she didn't know where for sure, she guessed Arkansas, is cleaning out and this week sent them men's swimsuits.

Yikes!
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

FYI - my experience is that when a small independent store starts having inventory problems, it usually means they can't pay their bills, and they're soon to be out-of-business.

Here in NH, I have seen very few shortages of food as of yet. Sure, they do seem to run-out more often than before, but nothing widespread as far as I can tell. I frequent Walmart, Dollar General, and a local food chain: Market Basket.

Earl
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Withdraw consent!

Our local Dollar General stores have whole sections of shelves that are almost completely empty. I went to one last week to buy small bottles of aspirin and there were almost no pain relievers available.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    Our local Dollar General stores have whole sections of shelves that are almost completely empty. I went to one last week to buy small bottles of aspirin and there were almost no pain relievers available.
    I've heard the countryside will be the first to see the shortages, keeping city folk supplied until the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    Here on the Emerald Coast the Dollar Generals are about the same. I went to two the other day looking for Bacitracin/ Neosporin/triple antibiotic cream. Shelves in the first aid section wiped out.

My GF went to a market today in the PNW...lots of empty shelves. She did get 4 gallons of lard, flour, yeast and pet food
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

My son worked at Dollar General ( He's now in college ) - and empty shelves are usually caused by incompetent workers, not shortages, per se. At least that was his view. Anyway - for almost two years now, EVERY TIME I go to a store, I pick-up something for prepping. At Walmart, I get canned meats, chili, etc.. I also get other consumables such as batteries. I scored these $1 headlamps that contain two 2032 batteries used in some remotes and, erm, "optical" items..I also get these $5 "Equate Wound Care Variety Pack" that is by-far the cheapest way to get large medic sponges, gauze, etc. Dollar General has the exact same thing in "Rexall" brand.
    In addition, pick-up plenty of 90% Isopropyl Alcohol at either WM or DG. They're still cheap. They were completely missing during the pandemic, but are back now.
    Currently, I'm concentrating on anti-biotics ( primarily from Tractor Supply ) and supplements.
    If you pick up a few things at a time, they add-up after a while.

Earl
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Withdraw consent!