Page 100 of 123 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1230

Thread: The food shortage thread

visited the local super 1 down here on da bayou. first, the only other grocery store closed this week, citing the lack of workers. donated their inventory to local food pantry and catholic charities. super 1 store was pretty normal. frozen stuff was lower inventory, veggies continue to be spread thin. 12 packs of coke was 6.99 on sale. A&W sugar free was $8.26!! prices on everything was up about 10% from last week. bought staples, no drinks or booze or meat, and it was still $132! bought the same stuff a week ago and art was $126.00. thanks Joe. prep and pray, the end has arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by consteacher1 View Post
    visited the local super 1 down here on da bayou. first, the only other grocery store closed this week, citing the lack of workers. donated their inventory to local food pantry and catholic charities. super 1 store was pretty normal. frozen stuff was lower inventory, veggies continue to be spread thin. 12 packs of coke was 6.99 on sale. A&W sugar free was $8.26!! prices on everything was up about 10% from last week. bought staples, no drinks or booze or meat, and it was still $132! bought the same stuff a week ago and art was $126.00. thanks Joe. prep and pray, the end has arrived.

Here Olive oil, two liter bottle is $37.00
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by consteacher1 View Post
    Thanks Joe for keeping the extra food stamp program gong to at least into January. Love it. And that coupled with more SS I will eat good. More beef roasts coming for sure when I watched the football games on Sunday, Yeah

massive shortages
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

BARGE-POCALYPSE unfolding as rivers DRY UP, leaving farmers and coal producers with no transportation

(Natural News) Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water, now there's a "barge-pocalypse" unfolding that you might find rather disturbing. This is a problem with massive global implications that very few people saw coming because barges don't exactly attract a lot of attention. But they are critical for efficient … [Read More...]

Massive bean piles appearing along Mississippi River as barges can’t navigate shrinking river

(Natural News) Water levels are now so low in the Mississippi River that crop harvest barges are unable to pass, leaving behind piles upon piles of beans and other farm goods. One video – see below – shows a large bean pile in Memphis, Tenn., on October 12. What will become of all those beans remains unknown: Cgb west Memphis bean … [Read More...]

BOG spoiled lunch meats

lived on da bayou most of my long life. the 'norm' is low water in the winter and the threat of flooding in the spring. over the last 10 yrs or so, low river was ok, still navigable. Each spring, crossed fingers and prayed for no flood and none came. Now, we've been in near record drought in La which is normally well watered. River down big time, ground cracking for lack of rain, just Him getting our attention. He uses weather to do the trick, too much train, not enough, He, not man is in control. If the drought continues down here, we'll be in serious trouble. and my prayers are for those here from the mid-west and Commifornia with yall's drought worse then ours. repent is the word of the day and maybe He'll answer those rain prayers. prep and pray, the end has arrived.