Page 103 of 123 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1230

Thread: The food shortage thread

Quote Originally Posted by consteacher1 View Post
    forget not that several small refineries have been hit by mysterious fires. that helps pump prices as well. prep and pray, the end has arrived.

I've tried to find an article on this that I could easily cut/paste but failed
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Boots on the Ground...Nov. 1st...People are suffering under rising prices of food and energy

STORY AT-A-GLANCE

• Ultraprocessed foods typically have five or more ingredients, many of which are not commonly used in home kitchens. This aptly describes the Impossible Burger and Beyond Burger, including fake blood processed from genetically engineered yeast to mimic the taste and texture of real beef
    • Although the soy-like hemoglobin used in the Impossible Burger is classified as generally recognized as safe, no tests have been done by independent labs on the product’s safety. However, tests on lab rats altered the animals’ blood chemistry; the company did not follow up on the results
    • The parent companies for Impossible Burger and Beyond Burger commissioned studies to assess the environmental impact of production against typical CAFO beef production. Not surprisingly, they found their product had a lower impact. But it’s not nearly as low as the beef production at White Oaks Pastures, which uses regenerative farming practices to produce natural beef products
    • If a plant-based, GE meat alternative is not enough of a science fiction adventure, consider the "meat" scientists are growing from stem cell cultures in the lab. Some see these alternatives as the lesser of two evils, but when holistic herd management improves the environment, your best choice is to seek food from natural sources

The junk food industry has a new product they are offering in exchange for your health and finances. Using strategies to position it as a healthy alternative for natural meat, the industry's fake meat is just another name for ultraprocessed food, full of genetically engineered (GE) and pesticide-laden ingredients designed to look as much like meat as possible.
    In an effort to get you hooked on it, it's marketed as healthier and better for the environment — which may lead you to believe you're eating good food while protecting your local air and water supplies. The manufacturers are so intent on mimicking foods found in nature that they've even genetically engineered "blood" for their fake meat products.1
    Food critics2 are divided on the taste, with some finding the texture pleasing, but not tasting like a burger. Others say that only when the burger is piled high with caramelized onions, vegan mayo and mashed avocado, does the flavor likely approximate meat.
    When it comes to organic offerings, food manufacturers would like you to believe they can improve on nature but, historically, this has been nearly impossible to achieve. Ultraprocessed foods have contributed to the obesity epidemic,3 rising rates of cardiovascular disease and an increased risk of all-cause mortality.4
    If you think ultraprocessed foods are only found in the junk food aisle, though, it may surprise you to learn that, according to Current Developments in Nutrition, many foods you eat most likely include fake meat ingredients:5

Fake Meat Is Junk Food (mercola.com)
    John 14:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

US oil price to surge again in December as Saudis cap production and EU embargo takes effect

(Natural News) Another oil price surge is expected in December in the U.S. if a European embargo on Russian oil goes into effect and the Saudis refuse to increase production to make up for the anticipated drop in supply. Saudi Arabia has issued a warning aimed at the U.S. over crude oil and supply agreements, with Prince Abdulaziz bin … [Read More...]

Boots on the Ground...Nov. 2nd...I hope your stocked up incase the diesel shortage gets worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    I've tried to find an article on this that I could easily cut/paste but failed
    ya gotta really dig but there are stories to confirm. Also, while we're on it, I take Ozempic for my type 2 diabetes. Been trying to get it from the Walgreens down here on da Bayou and its been out of stock for the past three weeks. Sunday will be the first shot missed( and I was aiming lol!) in over three years due to 'shortage'. And, went to the local Super 1 this am. meat supply was good but prices were higher than a cow fart, canned good were ok and fresh fruit was nasty looking so i skipped buying moldy blueberries. love mat berries! prep and pray, the end has arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by consteacher1 View Post
    ya gotta really dig but there are stories to confirm. Also, while we're on it, I take Ozempic for my type 2 diabetes. Been trying to get it from the Walgreens down here on da Bayou and its been out of stock for the past three weeks. Sunday will be the first shot missed( and I was aiming lol!) in over three years due to 'shortage'. And, went to the local Super 1 this am. meat supply was good but prices were higher than a cow fart, canned good were ok and fresh fruit was nasty looking so i skipped buying moldy blueberries. love mat berries! prep and pray, the end has arrived.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Food prices here are high but I have yet to see spoiled foods (except for an iceberg lettuce) in the market. Diesel is very high at $6, gasoline is near $5.50 so driving my PUs has become expensive!

Alleged Burglar Shot Dead near Homeowner’s Chicken Coops

An alleged burglar in Orange County, Florida, was shot and killed by a homeowner last Thursday while trying to steal birds near the front-yard chicken coops.

BOG diesel shoratage