Page 11 of 123 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The food shortage thread

Food price inflation hitting world’s poorest countries the hardest

(Natural News) Global food prices have been climbing for over a year by now. While Americans have definitely felt a lot of pressure from the inflation, the worst effects have been felt by people in poorer and developing countries. According to the latest data from the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organization, food prices have … [Read More...]
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Spot propane prices at Mont Belvieu, Texas, have reached their highest levels since 2014 ahead of the winter season on fears of low inventory. Energy inflation could be problematic for commercial and residential users of the fuel that heats building structures and powers vehicles, gas grills, patio heaters, generators, among many other uses.
    Propane is set up for a volatile ride this fall/winter season as supplies are about 20% below the five-year average for this time of year. The most recent U.S. Energy Department data shows inventories of around 70.8 million barrels.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Major UK fertilizer plants shuttered due to skyrocketing natural gas prices

(ZEROHEDGE) – Fertilizer producer CF Industries Holdings Inc halted two fertilizer plants in the UK on Wednesday, according to a company press release. CF Industries Holdings, a top manufacturer of hydrogen and nitrogen products, released a statement today indicating that its Billingham and Ince, UK, manufacturing facilities suspended operations "due to high natural gas prices."…
    See more at WND

Biden’s vax mandate could collapse trucking supply lines, leading to instant shortages of food, fuel and medicines

(Natural News) The Joe Biden regime continues to threaten the health, livelihood and freedom of Americans. Biden’s seditious vaccine mandates could collapse the trucking industry and threaten supply lines across the Nation. Approximately 3.5 million truckers have been traveling the nation since the beginning of the covid-19 scandal, … [Read More...]

GROCERY SQUEEZE: Harris Teeter, Publix closing stores earlier amid worker shortage

(Natural News) Because Americans increasingly do not want to work for the pittance offered them by corporate America, some segments of the economy are having to significantly adjust their business practices. Harris Teeter and Publix, two major southern grocery chains, are drastically cutting their hours of operation until further … [Read More...]

British energy firms fear collapse as Europe’s gas crisis sees prices surge 250%

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/20/brit...50percent.html

Supply chain issues plaguing U.K., food shortages worsening

(Natural News) Increasing energy costs are driving food prices through the roof in the United Kingdom, where factories are reportedly shutting down as grocery store shelves run bare. Unless the government changes course, things will only get worse, experts say. And so-called "green" policies are to blame, as is fiat currency inflation, … [Read More...]

Speaking of Dollar General – there are many in my area (Texas). I went to five of them, searching for a specific item.

Four of them had bare shelves everywhere and the shelves that did have goods, were absolutely trashed. I had to weave the basket around goods all over the filthy floors. I know there is a shortage of workers, but dang, I think I would close the store!

When I entered the fifth Dollar General, I thought I was in a different universe. The store was clean, soft music was playing and the shelves were packed.

The clean, packed Dollar General was next to a military base. I don’t know if that means anything, but it made me stop and think.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
    Speaking of Dollar General – there are many in my area (Texas). I went to five of them, searching for a specific item.

Four of them had bare shelves everywhere and the shelves that did have goods, were absolutely trashed. I had to weave the basket around goods all over the filthy floors. I know there is a shortage of workers, but dang, I think I would close the store!

When I entered the fifth Dollar General, I thought I was in a different universe. The store was clean, soft music was playing and the shelves were packed.

The clean, packed Dollar General was next to a military base. I don’t know if that means anything, but it made me stop and think.

Probably ex-military running the store!