Page 90 of 123 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: The food shortage thread

Rain in Nebraska has been very spotty. Not much snow last winter either, so...dryland crops are suffering, no doubt. Irrigated stuff looks fine, but it costs a lot to run those...Glad to hear other parts of the country are dong well. Alfalfa prices are skyrocketing, too. My neighbor said they're getting $240 per ton and had a shipment to Iowa at $300 per ton. Beef prices, after the sell-offs are run through the system may become out of reach for an already over-burdened, debt saddled, economy.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Rain in Nebraska has been very spotty. Not much snow last winter either, so...dryland crops are suffering, no doubt. Irrigated stuff looks fine, but it costs a lot to run those...Glad to hear other parts of the country are dong well. Alfalfa prices are skyrocketing, too. My neighbor said they're getting $240 per ton and had a shipment to Iowa at $300 per ton. Beef prices, after the sell-offs are run through the system may become out of reach for an already over-burdened, debt saddled, economy.
    After a horribly cold, wet spring we are still in drought here, hay is 450 a ton and rising. Repair parts for farm machinery are non-existent. Firewood in some areas is 300.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Sinclair View Post
    Just made a trip from New Hampshire to South Dakota and back. While I'm not an expert, I do have eyes and was able to observe a fair amount of the farms in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, and a little of South Dakota.

Earlier this year, on a separate trip to Montana, I observed a great swath of Ohio and Indiana from relative backroads. On this trip, we made an accidental incursion into Illinois off the interstate to Kewanee, Illinois.

What *I* saw is - that everything looks just fine. VERY few fallow fields, PLENTY of green, plenty of healthy looking crops. The overwhelming majority being corn, of course.
    I saw several fields that had already been harvested, and they were the only brown I saw.

Furthermore - the condition of the farms and their buildings put New Hampshire to shame. These people REALLY want their farms to look good. VERY few buildings in disrepair, and lots of "gratuitous" mowing of grass between the roads and fields. I mean, it was close to Switzerland!

TONS of green healthy crops in all five states that I saw, and at least three of the states were on backroads off the interstate.

FWIW.

Earl
    I took 6 kids fishing last Monday. On the way to the pond there are [were] large swaths of farmland. NONE OF IT was being farmed. Just weeds.

Been here 20 years and I've never seen anything like it.

Glad to know it's not like this everywhere.
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    After a horribly cold, wet spring we are still in drought here, hay is 450 a ton and rising. Repair parts for farm machinery are non-existent. Firewood in some areas is 300.
    We're in an Extreme Drought here. Everything's dying, even weeds. There was a fire in Northern RI where the fire went down a foot underground and spread there. Fire crews had to remain on scene to make sure there were no flareups.

No blueback herring this year, or next year = spawning streams all dried up.
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

BOG
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Globalists are terrorizing humanity with artificial SCARCITY of everything: Food, energy, fertilizer and more… When we defeat the controllers, we unleash ABUNDANCE for all

(Natural News) Understand this great cosmic truth: The universe operates on an ecosystem of automatic abundance, where mass is abundant (and free), and mass can be converted into energy at nearly zero cost (via hot fusion, cold fusion, LENR, etc.). Automatic abundance is intelligently designed into the very laws of physics. Energy, in … [Read More...]

Two more fertilizer plants in Europe shut down due to high gas prices – no energy means no food

(Natural News) A pair of fertilizer production facilities in Poland have reportedly closed their doors, at least temporarily, because of the exorbitant cost of natural gas and other fuels. Record-breaking prices for fuel all across Europe forced Grupa Azoty, the European Union's second-largest fertilizer producer and the owner of one of … [Read More...]

bog

California electric company admits it will NEVER be able to charge everybody’s electric vehicles

(Natural News) The Golden State just enacted a new provision to phase out the sale of all gas-powered vehicles by 2035. The only problem is that the state's energy grid is already on the verge of collapsing. There is simply no way that tens of millions of cars, trucks and even tractor-trailers will be able to hook up for a charge all at … [Read More...]