Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No More Abortion in Texas after 6 weeks

Laura19 is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Default No More Abortion in Texas after 6 weeks

Everyone happy with this?

I am

(Just saw another thread had been started about the Supremes not blocking. Finally, they have done a couple things right. Is this going to contribute to a civil war?)

THE END ISN'T NEAR.........IT'S HERE

The problem is not global warming – it is moral cooling.

In ancient times, the priests of Baal used to sacrifice babies to their idol.
    And, eventually, those Israelites participating in it were often killed in various Divine Judgements on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura19 View Post
    Everyone happy with this?

I am

(Just saw another thread had been started about the Supremes not blocking. Finally, they have done a couple things right. Is this going to contribute to a civil war?)
    Personally I would never have a baby I made terminated.
    Truthfully I am on the fence as to whether I should care about what others do though.
    Most of these babies will become part of the welfare state we abhor also now….

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...rticle/380251/

Maybe if people don't have the easy out of abortion, they will practice birth control. Go to planned parenthood and get your birth control pill. Of course, due to irresponsibility, everyone won't do that, but hopefully more will. Abortion became birth control, so I'm guessing there will be somewhat of an improvement.
    Last edited by Laura19; 09-03-2021 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura19 View Post
    Maybe if people don't have the easy out of abortion, they will practice birth control. Go to planned parenthood and get your birth control pill. Of course, due to irresponsibility, everyone won't do that, but hopefully more will. Abortion became birth control, so I'm guessing there will be somewhat of an improvement.
    We can only hope for that but in this day and age most just look for the government to help in end.Personal responsibility what’s that.

To answer the original question – yes, I am happy. I am happy because I believe that human life is divinely designed and each unique individual is created with purpose. I believe that a function of the government is to protect the rights of individuals.

In my limited mind, at the core is the brokenness of the human heart. Fear, a lack of hope or selfishness seem to drive most decisions to abort. Additionally, there are a large number of people that have a difference of opinion of what constitutes life. As a society, we have become hardened and callous to other human beings.

I will concede that my thinking has evolved over the years.

I am probably in the greatest minority regarding this subject. I do not believe that abortion should occur at any point, under any circumstance. This is based on my concept of life and an attempt to be intellectually and morally consistent. If, innocent life is sacred, it is sacred at all times. If not, the circumstances in which it can be taken is arbitrary and is subject to the whims of the times.

I can assure you that this societal discussion is not over. To answer the second question posed – no, I do not think this will contribute to a civil war.

The new Texas law risks criminalizing women who have spontaneous abortions or even suspect 'late periods.' How is the state (or vigilantes enforcing state law) to know that those were not actually induced?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    The new Texas law risks criminalizing women who have spontaneous abortions or even suspect 'late periods.' How is the state (or vigilantes enforcing state law) to know that those were not actually induced?
    And this opinion is based on...?
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    This is not accurate. This bill does not apply criminal penalties for anyone. It provides civil / financial penalties.

Here is the text of the law addressing the penal code.

Sec.171.207.LIMITATIONS ON PUBLIC ENFORCEMENT.
    (a)Notwithstanding Section 171.005 or any other law, the
    requirements of this subchapter shall be enforced exclusively
    through the private civil actions described in Section 171.208. No
    enforcement of this subchapter, and no enforcement of Chapters 19
    and 22, Penal Code, in response to violations of this subchapter,
    may be taken or threatened by this state, a political subdivision, a
    district or county attorney, or an executive or administrative
    officer or employee of this state or a political subdivision
    against any person, except as provided in Section 171.208.

A person cannot be criminally charged. They wrote the bill that way otherwise they felt the Supremes would reject. However, law suits can be brought on the doctor.

Good, they are starting to think like the other side is about coming in thru the back door for vaccine mandates, letting the corporations do their work for them