Thread: Edomites? From CofC

Default Edomites? From CofC

Originally Posted by Ivan88
    Esau rejected the Syrian Gospel of Noah, Shem, Laban, Abraham and Isaac, so Isaac gave the Spiritual Birthright to Yacob. Isaac was not fooled, and Yacob did not deceive Him.

The only way out is for the sons of Yacob to confess their wrongs and repent, then the King of kings can intervene and heal them.

Ivan, not sure this is where we should discuss this, so, how about starting a thread in the chapel section? I'm curious what you think the "Syrian" gospel is, and your assertion that Isaac was not deceived, which I think is what the Bible declares....even suggesting that Jacob means deceiver.... I agree with your last sentence. Thanks

Well, esquire, this looks like You have started a thread.

Well, considering your stated goods points: I read the record again. And Yacob does appear to have tricked his father.
    The record also says that much earlier, Esau took 2 Hittite females to wife, which was a grief of mind to Isaac & Rebekah.
    So, it is likely Rebekah did not want Esau to get the Birthright and she told Yacob to deceive Isaac in case Isaac forgot that grief.

Both Isaac and Rebekah wanted Yacob to marry of their lineage, Laban the Syrian. And judging from Esau's rejection of their heritage, it was proper to deprive Esau of the Birthright, deception or not.

I do not doubt that Isaac was glad He did not so Bless Esau, for Esau did not deserve the Birthright.

But, in the end, Esau was happy to have taken Iudith, as she was a master of sensual delights for him. Follow more of his life and see that he was not a bit interested in the Gospel. His son was named Amalek, meaning gold is my god.

Thanks, landowner! And Laban deceived Jacob....part of Jacob's trouble... You are correct that Esau did not "deserve" the birthright. God, Himself, said as much, even before they had done anything good or bad...so, it appears that God created him that way, to show something of His Sovereignty....for His purposes.

Life is, indeed, interesting, isn't it?

Now I got to do some reading and find where Elohim said a negative Judgement before the Birthright issue came up.

In the mean time, Yahveh Elohim drowned a whole bunch of Adam's brats (sons of god) because of race mixing.
    Only Noah his wife and 3 kids escaped; And race mixing is what Esau was condemned for by Isaac and Rebecca.

Writing this reminded me of this morning when I was studying Cain's sacrifice and what Yahweh told him.
    And in essence what Yah warned Cain about was choosing his desire over Yahweh's Desire, Word & Logic.
    That is what Adam did, and Cain, the first born of Adam got a big dose of that and his desire led him to kill his
    brother.
    When Adam chose his desires over the Creator's Command, Adam, in effect, murdered the Creator in Adam's mind;
    And, all sin is murder of the Creator/Savior.
    YahShua said, if ye obey me, you love me, and the Father and I visit you and reveal ourselves to you. John 21 & 23.
    Last edited by Ivan88; 10-12-2021 at 11:03 PM.