I pressure canned some chicken last night. This morning I found some darkish stuff all around the band, on the lid,and on the jar underneath the band. It all wiped clean easy with a wet paper towel. The Blue Book says you might get tannins sometimes on the inside of the lid.(and I have seen that before) However I've never seen this stuff on the outside of a jar before. All 8 pints had it. I do put some vinegar in my pressure canner to keep scale from building up from our well water. ( I didn't used to do that )This time the inside of my canner looked really clean from doing that. I'm guessing that is what was on the tops of the jars. Water scale from inside the canner. What do you think?

Another interesting thing happened.
Right after I canned the chicken I pressure canned 3 quarts of turkey stock. However this morning when I took them out of the canner(I let them stay in it overnight to cool.) they would send up a bubble or two. The tops of those jars were clean. The jars were only warm to the touch so I'm sure there was no boiling going on.Again what do you think?
All the lids from everything I canned are sealed.