Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump's hotel in D.C. will reportedly be sold

You win.

According to your definition it was never Trump's hotel, it was only leased by him. Ownership of the lease is changing and Trump will no longer be involved.

We taxpayers will continue to own the hotel (formerly known as the Old Post Office Building.) The lease will revert back to us when the end of the lease occurs.

I wish CGI Merchant Group the best of luck when they reopen the hotel under the Waldorf Astoria brand.

I'm sure Trump will have good uses for the $375 million that he'll be getting for the lease.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    You win.

According to your definition it was never Trump's hotel, it was only leased by him. Ownership of the lease is changing and Trump will no longer be involved.

We taxpayers will continue to own the hotel (formerly known as the Old Post Office Building.) The lease will revert back to us when the end of the lease occurs.

I wish CGI Merchant Group the best of luck when they reopen the hotel under the Waldorf Astoria brand.

I'm sure Trump will have good uses for the $375 million that he'll be getting for the lease.
    Trump still holds LEGAL DEEDS to the land and building.

He's leasing the rights, to run the hotel business..

I'm sure there is a clause for Trump Corp to end the lease at any time.