Thread: Homemade Mixes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default About the Tomatos in OP

Belle (or anyone else who can confirm)

About the preparation directions in the original post - I'm assuming that the "tomatoes, water and cooking times" section refers to whatever type of tomato product you have to hand?

This looks like a great mix, and I will be making up some for the house. DH and the girls aren't overly fond of spaghetti sauce, so it can be a waste to buy or can pre-made sauce. But, if I can up the tomatoes plain; having this mix on hand will make things much simpler the few times we do have spaghetti sauce.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by h_oder View Post
    Belle (or anyone else who can confirm)

About the preparation directions in the original post - I'm assuming that the "tomatoes, water and cooking times" section refers to whatever type of tomato product you have to hand?
    Yes, that's right. That's one of the things I love about this recipe - I can use whatever tomato product is handy (or on sale). Also, it doesn't make a ton, so it's good for small families or sauce for a recipe. I'll be making a single recipe to pour over stuffed shells later this week.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown