Thread: You OUGHT to read this... (1Jn 2:6, how we 'ought' to walk)

Default You OUGHT to read this... (1Jn 2:6, how we 'ought' to walk)

Did you feel obligated similar to owing a debt since I said “you ought to read this”? Did you feel a duty bound need to do such? Or, was it more like a friendly suggestion? Of course none of you owe me a debt or are duty bound to read anything I post. My use of the word “ought” was NOT properly used if I used it as a suggestive term. If you read it as a suggestive term then you would be misusing the term also.

Proper use would indeed mean you have an obligation, a debt that is due, something that is actually owed and made duty bound to be repaid. It’s a very serious term, but has been weakened to a suggestion these days - “I ought to take a vacation and do some fishing...” as an example. Look at a few examples of the same word used elswhere in Scripture:

”...but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the DEBT.” Mat 18:30

”...And how much do you OWE?” Luk 16:7

”...for we also forgive everyone who is INDEBTED to us.” Luk 11:4

Strong’s G3784: to owe (pecuniarily); figuratively to be under obligation (ought, must, should); morally to fail in duty: - behove, be bound, (be) debt (-or), (be) due (-ty), be guilty (indebted), (must) need (-s), ought, owe, should. Thayer’s G3784: 1) to owe, 1a) to owe money, be in debt for, 1a1) that which is due, the debt

Wow. Now let’s read this again with that in mind -

“He that says he abides in him ought (be indebted, obligated, duty bound) himself also so to WALK, even AS HE WALKED.” 1Jn 2:6

Obligated, indebted, duty bound to walk as He walked. If you are stuck in a sun-day, swine eating, pagan celebrating assembly, you are not walking with Him because you have chose another walk, deceived by a false god. Heaven and earth are testifying against you every second of every day if you are still in denial of Torah (Matt. 5:1 8. This is simply more undeniable proof. You need retaught the basics. The first principles of the ORACLES of YHUH. You certainly OUGHT to know them!

“For when for the time ye OUGHT to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of Elohiym; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong food.” Heb 5:12

Do you know what those oracles of YHUH are? It’s one of those words only used a few times in the Brit Hadasha; 4 times to be exact. Here we have the Strong’s definition…ORACLES— G3051 “logion log'-ee-on; an utterance (of YHUH): - oracle”.

Straightforward enough; His Words. Just as Messiah said here: But He answering, said, “It has been written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that comes from the mouth of יהוה.’ Mat 4:4

Well, they must be of very great importance as we are further told here about the ORACLES…

“IF ANYONE SPEAKS, let it be as THE WORDS (ORACLES-logion) of Elohim…” 1Pe 4:11

But these “ORACLES” are even more specific and clearly defined…The Words spoken by YHUH AT SINAI (TORAH), received by our fathers to GIVE TO US…! Give to who? US!

“THIS IS HE who was in the assembly in the wilderness with the Messenger who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers, who received the living Words (ORACLES-logion) TO GIVE TO US unto whom our fathers WOULD NOT OBEY, BUT THRUST AWAY Act 7:38-39

Thrust away?? Sound familiar? Who else has thrust away these words?

Yep, the very same TORAH entrusted to Yehudah…

Rom 3:1-2 What then is the advantage of the Yehudite, or what is the value of the circumcision? Much in every way! Because firstly indeed, that THEY WERE ENTRUSTED with the Words (ORACLES-logion) of Elohim.

Torah. You OUGHT to be walking in it. How much more proof do you need?

Have a great Sabbath! Hodu l’YHUH!
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Again, thank you for the encouragement! Would you be able to someday do an article, or post regarding the keeping of His Sabbath? I have been thinking of the command against "servile" work, specifically. What that means exactly. There is so much work to do and often, not enough time, it seems, to get it all done. For example, I know I am not keeping this command like I believe He wants me to keep it and I am so scatterbrained sometimes that I feel guilty for not doing more work, His work on the Sabbath. Does that make sense? Thanks