Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing Rome Or Choosing Him? Sabbath Will Tell Which!

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    Yeah, I just posted because of his breakdown about abib, not into his tequfah stuff at all.
    Thanks. He did do a good job of refuting the barley reckoning method. I like his interpretation of using the sun moon and stars and the definition of abib, too. thanks

So, then, your conclusion is that the first month begins on the full moon nearest the vernal equinox? If so, it could be before the vernal equinox, correct? I still don't even know why some say the seventh month begins the new year? Or, does it mean the the seventh month begins the procession toward the new year that happens in the first month?

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Thanks. He did do a good job of refuting the barley reckoning method.
    I think he did a good job CLARIFYING when actual abib occurs, that's why we always lean EARLY - the full moon after abib is reckoned. YHUH controls both aspects.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

So, then, your conclusion is that the first month begins on the full moon nearest the vernal equinox? If so, it could be before the vernal equinox, correct? I still don't even know why some say the seventh month begins the new year? Or, does it mean the the seventh month begins the procession toward the new year that happens in the first month?
    Equinox has no bearing for us as long as abib is met according to Scripture; then the first full moon. New year in the 7th month is jewish tradition, completely unscriptural.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

So, do you define abib as the author of the article does? Shooting forth with the green ear?

So, do you define abib as the author of the article does? Shooting forth with the green ear?
    Imagine being an agrarian society. Farmers would want their crops in ASAP. Yah knows this, thus the parched stage - early enough that the farmers would be quite happy and not be striving with the priests to declare abib.

I think I'll plant some barley this fall.

Last night [12 July] I see a full Moon, so today is Sabbath, Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan88 View Post
    Sabbath? No. The 7th day is the Sabbath. Our area, California, will be Jul 13 11:38 A.M. So, new moon day would be sunrise of the 14th.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan88 View Post
    I think what Off Grid is saying is that the full moon indicates the start of the new month on God's calendar. So, he's saying that the new month, starts at sunrise of the 14th. In a year, then, it would appear that some years have 12 months and some have 13. God bless you, Ivan!