Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Choosing Rome Or Choosing Him? Sabbath Will Tell Which!

Ivan, If I may try to summarize, There are 'regular' Sabbath days, which are every seventh day, the ending of every week...and we are to keep them holy. Whether a Sabbath Day begins at sundown after the sixth day, or whether it begins at sunrise of the seventh day is part of our discussion here. I think Off Grid suggests it begins in the morning of the seventh day, but, many think it begins at sundown the previous evening.

The first day of every month is also being discussed. Off Grid is suggesting that a month begins when the moon is full, (renewed) not, as is practiced by others, at the first sighting of the renewed sliver. This affects when the Feast Days are to be kept. Because, obviously (I hope) the tenth day of say, the seventh month, would depend on when the month started. In these two versions of when the month begins, the tenth would occur two weeks apart from each other. Which is the right day, then, to keep that special Sabbath, wherein we are to "afflict" ourselves.

Or, the First month Feasts of Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread. They depend on when, actually, the first day of the month starts, because ten days later a lamb is picked, and killed on the fourteenth, and at even, the First Day of Unleavened Bread occurs on the fifteenth of that month. Comparing these two methods of dating the first day of the month would result in Passover and the feast of Unleavened Bread would be two weeks apart from each other. (The two differing methods of determining when the month started)

Some of us didn't even realize there was any problem determining the days that God wants us to keep "special", but, apparently, there are many ways....so, we must ask our Father to teach us and clarify the truth so we may become unconfused and follow His instructions as He declares....because we love Him and want to do things His way, not according to the world's way. Certainly, we will be peculiar to the world, but, so what? We are in the world, but not of it. God bless you.

Thank You Dmatic for your reply, and the feast day schedules are important, but right now, I am attempting to find the real 7th day/Sabbath.

I accept Full Moon sets beginning of a month the next day.

And, now it appears the regular 7th day Sabbaths have their own assigned schedule. Hopefully, I am finding someone here that knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan88 View Post
    I am attempting to find the real 7th day/Sabbath.
    What makes you think Sabbath day (saturday) is not correct??? Ancient Israel kept it, Messiah and all the folks He hung out with kept it, all in the book of Acts kept it...when do you think that went awry?
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Cesar changed the calendar, and worse yet, the Vatican changed it'.
    Being as how so many things have been altered including His Perfect Word and His Perfect Name,
    everything they have touched is altered.
    So everything is suspect until proven.
    I'm glad You All is working on this & We is finding the correct solution.

Cesar changed the calendar, and worse yet, the Vatican changed it'.
    Being as how so many things have been altered including His Perfect Word and His Perfect Name,
    everything they have touched is altered.
    So everything is suspect until proven.
    I'm glad You All is working on this & We is finding the correct solution.
    Sabbath has never been lost. That would cause quite an uproar with Judah! In 1582, the Gregorian calendar replaced the Julian calendar but, while the dates of the month were changed on the calendar, the days of the week and their sequence were not altered.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Yes indeed, the 7th day of the week is not changed, and if True, it is very convenient.
    Reckon I'm going with that for the time being. Thanks Mucho for putting up with me.

Good for you, Ivan!

Taking good advice, it is a relief to heed the Sabbath according to usual 7th day calendar system.

Now I need to figure out the Tabernacles time.

Taking good advice, it is a relief to heed the Sabbath according to usual 7th day calendar system.

Now I need to figure out the Tabernacles time.
    We will begin the 7th month this new moon.