Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing Rome Or Choosing Him? Sabbath Will Tell Which!

Are the evenings, the times before and after sunset when the "mingling" and mixing with the two separate events are taking place? Dusk and Dawn in our lingo?

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Are the evenings, the times before and after sunset when the "mingling" and mixing with the two separate events are taking place? Dusk and Dawn in our lingo?
    Yes, whenever darkness overcomes light and vice-versa. Translators struggle hard here:

Mat 28:1 In the end(G3796)* of the sabbath,G4521 as it began to dawnG2020** toward G1519*** the firstG3391 day of the week

*(through the idea of backwardness); (adverbially) late in the day; by extension after the close of the day

** to begin to grow light: - begin to dawn, X draw on.

***to or into

Sure be easier if folks believed Messiah when He said a DAY (YOM), not the mixing/mingling of erev which YHUH divided from day, was 12 hours.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

OK, but for those of us not as familiar with the Hebrew or Greek, who maybe only speak one language...it gets a little hard to understand... Guess I need to get a dictionary? Like what does erev mean? Night?

Also, I've tried to look up the Greek of Matthew 28:1...to try to understand on which Day Messiah rose from the dead. (I believe on the Sabbath) but that was a few years back...This is all so refreshing and exciting! Thanks again! By the way, did you look at the last of page nine?

Another by the way, if you don't mind: Matthew 28:1 KJV In the end of the sabbath (seven?) (what sabbath?) as it began to dawn toward the first day (No Greek word? so supplied by translator who didn't understand?) as it began to dawn toward the first seven (of the seven sabbaths to be counted toward the counting toward Pentecost?) came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

I got lots of work to do. Not sure if you understand what I'm seeing in this important verse....and not sure if I do either!

Agree. The turditions of men....time to flush them! OK. So, what is an even ing? And Between the two even ings? When the Sun is even? Even with what?

Now, please be patient with me and Ivan. I know you are! That's one of the first definitions of love! You have had wonderful teachers! Would love someday to sit in, to observe some of your sessions with Eric, too! Lots to learn!
    Even-

H6153
    עֶרֶב
    ‛ereb
    eh'-reb
    From H6150; dusk: - + day, even (-ing, tide), night.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

which Day Messiah rose from the dead. (I believe on the Sabbath)
    Yes, late Sabbath

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    Even-

H6153
    עֶרֶב
    ‛ereb
    eh'-reb
    From H6150; dusk: - + day, even (-ing, tide), night.
    I basically only have a large Strong's with the Vine's definitions...so, for 6153:
    "ereb "means evening, night" (1) This word represents the time of the day immediately preceding and following the setting of the sun....(1c)....In its first Biblical appearance, ereb marks the OPENING of a Day: "And the evening and the morning were the first day" (Gen. 1:5) (1d) The phrase "in the evening" [literally, "between the evenings"] means the period between sunset and darkness, "twilight".

If this is true, it would seem to suggest that the "day" begins at ereb? This is my old understanding. I am no scholar, but, I appreciate both yours and Eric's heart about these things! Certainly willing to be corrected and taught by our Father! we know that, then, ereb means the close of a day.

I assume morning means dawn? Is that an even ing, too?

I am pondering the wonderful explanation of the mingling or mixing of the light portion of the day with the dark part of the night. At both ends! Very interesting! Thanks, brother!

This is why we have to take concordances and such for what they are, written by men. Same with translations. I like to see it in action. This is so clear -

Exo 16:23 And he said unto them, This is that which Yahuah has said, Tomorrow is the rest of the Holy Shabbath unto Yahuah: את bake that which ye will bake today, and את seethe that ye will seethe; and את that which remains over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

Exo 16:24 And they laid it up till the morning, as Mosheh bade: and it did not stink, neither was there any worm therein.

Exo 16:25 And Mosheh said, Eat that today; for today is a Shabbath unto Yahuah: today ye shall not find it in the field.

Exo 16:26 Six days ye shall gather it; but on the seventh day, which is the Shabbath, in it there shall be none.

Exo 16:27 And it came to pass, that there went out some of the people on the seventh day for to gather, and they found none.

Job 17:12 They would turn night into day, saying that light is near, in the presence of darkness!

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    Job 17:12 They would turn night into day, saying that light is near, in the presence of darkness!
    "They" were the thoughts of his own heart? Job's?