Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing Rome Or Choosing Him? Sabbath Will Tell Which!

Default Choosing Rome Or Choosing Him? Sabbath Will Tell Which!

When YHUH ceased activity on the 7th day of Creation, He blessed this particular day of the week and sanctified it - He SET IT APART for a specific purpose. Just as YHUH deliberately sets apart or sanctifies those people with whom He is working. Guarding such comes with a specific promise of sanctification.

“My Sabbaths you are to guard, by all means, for it is A SIGN BETWEEN ME AND YOU throughout your generations, TO KNOW THAT I, יהוה, AM setting you apart.” Exo 31:13

Sign means "mark" or "evidence”, Sabbath day is the mark YHUH gives His people to identify them as His own. Of course the Catholics claim their “mark” of their authority is the sun-day of pagan origins in sun worship. No sanctification there, only a promise of walking in sin, in full rebellion to the 4th commandment.

Let’s see, chose to have YHUH set us apart to sanctification or follow the pope in sin?

The Sabbath is from Creation and will exist even in the renewed earth!

“For as the renewed heavens and the renewed earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, says Yahuah, so shall your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass, that from New Moon to his New Moon, and from Shabbath to his Shabbath, shall all flesh come to worship before me, says Yahuah.”

Those whose “names remain” will witness the demise of the transgressors.

“And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.” Isa 66:22-24

Creation to the renewed heavens and earth. And you would still choose Rome?? You are smarter than that, aren’t you? YHUH thinks very highly of this set apart day, how highly do you think of Him?

Shabbat shalom! Hodu l’YHUH!
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

You're making a great case! "Men of Integrity Prayer Breakfast" was this morning in a city 30 miles from my house. Discussion with a friend about the Sabbath...he says it was changed to the first day of the week. I said I hadn't seen any evidence of that in scripture so he shared with me his pastor's writing on the subject...which I plan to dive into later today....Lord willing. The "pastor is a PhD and a very smart guy. He also gave me a copy of his new book entitled "The Divine Right of Resistance...Biblical options for opposing Tyranny" Which opens with a very good discussion of Romans 13. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Sabbath...he says it was changed to the first day of the week.
    Sabbath, the 7th day is eternal with no hint of change. ROME and her harlot daughters enjoy the 1st day change they managed - thus ignoring the warning in Dan 7:25. Like mentioned before, it's a TEST! His people will pass, Rome's will fail.

Many 'pastors' know the truth, but would lose their audience and their paychecks. People hate to change, even when shown they are following a lie.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    "Men of Integrity..."
    Are hard to find now as well as back then. It's not a good plan to profane YHUH.

Eze 22:26 Her priests have violated my Torah, and have profaned my holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they showed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my Shabbaths, and I am profaned among them.

after many years of research on my part and now understanding what I sought, both of the established days modern day religions practice are correct but, only one time every 7 years
    *** Light travels faster than sound...............That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.***

Quote Originally Posted by always learning View Post
    both of the established days modern day religions practice are correct but, only one time every 7 years
    Oh boy. So you are saying the 7th day Sabbath has been lost since the time of Messiah??

Began to read the author's book, and right away came up with two objections. He misrepresents Acts 13:42, somehow thinking the Gentiles asked paul to preach again "in between" the two Sabbaths. Paul had preached to the Jews on 2 consecutive Sabbaths, 13:14 and 13:44.

Then he points to Lev. 23:39 ignorantly saying there was a "first day Sabbath", apparently thinking it was always on the first day of the week? and then an eighth Day Sabbath, apparently thinking that was on another first day of the week? Completely not understanding that the Feast of Tabernacles began on the 15th day of the seventh month and could fall on any day of the week, but, of course, the first day of that feast was a Sabbath as was the eighth day, which could fall on any day of the week....

Then, of course, he thinks Messiah rose from the grave on the "first day of the week"....and apparently, will call it the Lord's Day?

He promises to talk about Matt. 28:1; Mark 16:1; Luke 24:1 John 20:1 and somehow thinks the English translations are correct? Anyway, I'm thinking of asking my friend to ask him to explain Luke 6:1......And it came to pass on the second Sabbath after the first....(I wonder if he can)

Quote Originally Posted by always learning View Post
    after many years of research on my part and now understanding what I sought, both of the established days modern day religions practice are correct but, only one time every 7 years
    Not sure I understand what you have understood always learning. Could you explain a little more? Thanks

We're on the brink of WW3, the dollar has failed, the government is corrupt, the nations of the world are hungry and looking for leadership, babies are hungry, there's the Ukraine War, hundreds of smaller conflicts that our MSM don't give air time for, Muslims are on the move, Iran is near or already has a nuke, Biden is in a degenerate mental condition and we're splitting hairs as to when the 'actual' sabbath is to be observed?? I think there is a much more pressing problem on the planet and that of the church falling away from the truth and a hungry world that NEEDS Jesus and He's not being presented to them as a 'cure' because we're much more concerned with drag queens trying to seduce our kids instead of praying for the 'queens' salvation and the gift of a 'sound mind.' we have time argue how many angels can dance on the head of a pin (none because angels don't dance)AFTER we present Him to a starving, pained world. I know it's satans time but the Lord has already WON the war! prep and pray,t he end has arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by consteacher1 View Post
    splitting hairs as to when the 'actual' sabbath is to be observed??
    If YHUH would have said just pick any day and call it Sabbath, we wouldn't be. He picked the 7th day since Creation. If people were actually doing what He said to do, the problems you mentioned would go away. So I think you have your priorities reversed.