Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 159

Thread: Choosing Rome Or Choosing Him? Sabbath Will Tell Which!

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    Yeah, I just posted because of his breakdown about abib, not into his tequfah stuff at all.
    Thanks. He did do a good job of refuting the barley reckoning method. I like his interpretation of using the sun moon and stars and the definition of abib, too. thanks

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,624

    Default

    So, then, your conclusion is that the first month begins on the full moon nearest the vernal equinox? If so, it could be before the vernal equinox, correct? I still don't even know why some say the seventh month begins the new year? Or, does it mean the the seventh month begins the procession toward the new year that happens in the first month?

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Thanks. He did do a good job of refuting the barley reckoning method.
    I think he did a good job CLARIFYING when actual abib occurs, that's why we always lean EARLY - the full moon after abib is reckoned. YHUH controls both aspects.
    "The one who says he stays in Him must himself also walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

    Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    So, then, your conclusion is that the first month begins on the full moon nearest the vernal equinox? If so, it could be before the vernal equinox, correct? I still don't even know why some say the seventh month begins the new year? Or, does it mean the the seventh month begins the procession toward the new year that happens in the first month?
    Equinox has no bearing for us as long as abib is met according to Scripture; then the first full moon. New year in the 7th month is jewish tradition, completely unscriptural.
    "The one who says he stays in Him must himself also walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

    Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,624

    Default

    So, do you define abib as the author of the article does? Shooting forth with the green ear?

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    So, do you define abib as the author of the article does? Shooting forth with the green ear?
    Imagine being an agrarian society. Farmers would want their crops in ASAP. Yah knows this, thus the parched stage - early enough that the farmers would be quite happy and not be striving with the priests to declare abib.
    "The one who says he stays in Him must himself also walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

    Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,624

    Default

    I think I'll plant some barley this fall.

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Last night [12 July] I see a full Moon, so today is Sabbath, Yes?

  9. #119
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan88 View Post
    Last night [12 July] I see a full Moon, so today is Sabbath, Yes?
    Sabbath? No. The 7th day is the Sabbath. Our area, California, will be Jul 13 11:38 A.M. So, new moon day would be sunrise of the 14th.
    "The one who says he stays in Him must himself also walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

    Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

  10. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan88 View Post
    Last night [12 July] I see a full Moon, so today is Sabbath, Yes?
    I think what Off Grid is saying is that the full moon indicates the start of the new month on God's calendar. So, he's saying that the new month, starts at sunrise of the 14th. In a year, then, it would appear that some years have 12 months and some have 13. God bless you, Ivan!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •