Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Choosing Rome Or Choosing Him? Sabbath Will Tell Which!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan88 View Post
    https://www.calendar-12.com/moon_calendar/2022/august This Moon chart shows
    the August Full Moon to be both the 11th & the 12th.
    Lol...that's jacked up! Full moon is a precise instant no matter where you are, time zones have that occurring at different times however. For your location, you can enter here -

https://www.almanac.com/astronomy/mo.../CA/Sacramento
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Thank You, Offgrid;
    I looked at the place you suggested above, they said, 11 August is Full Moon. Last night it looked almost full.
    I am wondering how an industrial/commercial economy can adapt to a Lunar calendar and Sabbaths set by full Moons.

Thank You, Offgrid;
    I am wondering how an industrial/commercial economy can adapt to a Lunar calendar and Sabbaths set by full Moons.
    Oh, it's not for everyone, just those wanting to walk as Messiah walked. Sabbath(S), as in weekly, is never set by the moon. The beginning of monthS set's the clock for the rest of the year.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

"never set by the Moon"? I thought Sabbaths begin the day following the Full Moon.
    For 3 nights or so, it's been cloudy at night, and I could not see a full Moon.

As for Abib, it occurs at different times depending on climate zones.

I thought Sabbaths begin the day following the Full Moon.
    ??? where did you hear THAT?

I'll let Off Grid answer from his perspective about when exactly the Sabbath Day starts every week. As instructed from scripture, we are to observe a Sabbath Day every week...on the seventh day of the week. So, generally, there are about 52 Sabbath Days plus the so-called high Sabbath days instructed, say, in Lev. 23, every year...in our "modern calendar". The years are "determined" by the sun....365.25 approximately, days for the earth to complete one full orbit around the sun. The moon, however, from which we get the name month or "moonth" is determined in God's calendar with the start, or the approximate 29.54 day cycle of the moon's appearing...whether that is with the fully renewed moon, or "full" as OGO is saying, OR if the new month starts at the first sighting of the sliver of the "new" moon after it appears in the western sky near sunset, I haven't yet determined, but he makes a very good case! As you will note, in our "modern calendar" we have twelve months. But, in the so-called Hebrew Calendar, every two or three years a thirteenth month is added to make up the difference that only say, 254 days in the Hebrew calendar 12 moonth "year" , compared to the 365 day year of the solar calendar...otherwise things would get out of whack. So God determines what years will have the adjustment of the thirteenth month added by the ripening of the barley in the spring.

God has much to teach us and for us to understand, doesn't He? Let's be willing to learn! God bless you Ivan.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    ??? where did you hear THAT?
    Off Grid, you assume we are all as smart as you! Explanations of anything can be quite confusing sometimes. As my previous post probably was. God bless you, brother!

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Off Grid, you assume we are all as smart as you! Explanations of anything can be quite confusing sometimes. As my previous post probably was. God bless you, brother!
    Not much smarts here on this end, just putting pieces together same as everyone else. I was just wondering how Sabbath was inferred after a new moon, certainly nothing I posted - I hope! As for extra month added to keep up, I don't know about the accuracy of that either, though I know it's certainly a Jewish position. I only know when He said to begin our months, but have found nothing in the Word about when a year has to officially end with an accurate count.

That said, when the barley is abib and the new moon appears, we begin our feast count. All seems out of whack anyway as I believe the original count had a 360 day year, how that got whacked, I don't know. Perhaps during the days of Peleg Gen 10:25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Yoqtan. (?) Some say it changed in Hezekiah's time, some say Noah's, dunno.
    Last edited by Off-Grid Organics; 08-12-2022 at 12:28 PM.

I've read your posts for a number of years, and, according to the way I measure "smartness", I'd say you're in the upper 2% in that category....if not in the top 1%. Highly respectable. Ivan is "smart", too... and I'm not sure where Ivan is from, nor do I know Ivan's background, but it appears that these things may be a bit new to him/her? I assume he is a he, though, but what do I know? I just remember how confusing it was for me when I began to see that man's calendar and the way God instructs is different. The custom of starting a "new day" at Midnight? Of course, I accepted that until it "dawned" on me, by the grace of God, that that way was a bit whacky. So, I began understanding that the Sun, which rules the Day, determines when a day begins and when it ends. Not a timepiece. Similar thing with the calendar. Why would a New Year begin in January in the dead of winter?

Assuming, (which is dangerous of course), that things now are similar to how they were back then, (say, in Exodus, when God instructed Moses that the new year would not begin in the fall but in the spring, if, indeed, the Egyptian calendar, or the old "Jewish" "civil" calendar began in the fall), it would appear that we are completely dependent on God to tell us what time it really is! If there were 365.25 days in a solar year back then, as there seems to be now, then using simply the moons phases, (maybe like the Muslims seem to do?), then twelve moonths would only be about 354 days...Certainly God corrects it every year in the spring by showing when the new year should start. Not sure if He says anything in His Word about a year being 12 months or not, now that I think about it. So, maybe it doesn't matter.

Lots for me to learn, yet, that's for sure. Problem is there are many "teachers", and whether or not they know the truth and are teaching the truth....Well, that's where I respect your "smartness", as you seem to have learned to check everything out with the scriptures. It would appear that the year, prophetically, is 360....but, again, the moon's phases, at least currently, would yield only 354 ish days....so, what constitutes a year? God knows. But, I do know, I think, that God's "numerology" is perfect, as are all His ways! So, I keep trying to understand.

Thanks for giving me new perspectives to investigate Off Grid.

Thank You dmatic & offgrid for your attentions. I am male, and the avatar is a pretty gal.
    I was studying the year logic before 2000 A.D. and realized that basing a year on the crop cycle is valid, except for the issue of crop cycles in different climate zones.

Back then, I thought the 1st crescent determined each month. But, now I like the idea of the Full Moon restored determining a month.

Come to think of it, I read somewhere about the day after the Full Moon being a Sabbath and each 7th day there after a Sabbath, with each Full Moon starting a new Sabbath cycle.

It's amazing how complicated something so simple is when coming out of Babylon.

With You guys' help, it's all getting discovered again.
    Last edited by Ivan88; 08-13-2022 at 10:58 AM.