Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 133

Thread: Choosing Rome Or Choosing Him? Sabbath Will Tell Which!

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,458

    Default

    Consteacher1, Not really sure how to take your criticism of guarding God's commandments...and magnifying them. OGO's comment is exactly right. The reason we are in the state you describe is precisely because we have failed to guard and keep His commandments. Scripture says that if we stop our ears from hearing the Law, even our prayers are an abomination (Proverbs 28:9). Please consider that as you prep and pray.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Scripture says that if we stop our ears from hearing the Law, even our prayers are an abomination (Proverbs 28:9)
    When someone starts peeling off certain laws that Yah gave there is no end to it. Little by little a person will decide they don’t need to worry about this or that which Yah spoke. A jot thrown away here, a tittle thrown away there. It’s a scary thing. You’ve got to trust in Yah with all your heart and not lean to your own understanding. Don’t worry about what people will think about you. Set your sight on the Creator. Do your very best to please Him. Your time on earth will be over with before you know it, and it will be so much better if you spent that time practicing and teaching even the least of the commandments. Kingdom standing- eternity is at stake.

    The entire concept of GUARDING His commands is to not add to nor take away from.

    Deu 4:2 “Do not add to the Word which I command you, and do not take away from it,a so as to guard the commands of יהוה your Elohim which I am commanding you. Footnote: aSee also Deu_12:32, Pro_30:6, Rev_22:18-19.
    "The one who says he stays in Him must himself also walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

    Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Oh boy. So you are saying the 7th day Sabbath has been lost since the time of Messiah??

    I do not have the ability to publish my findings on this venue, as I'm not very savy to computers, the calendar we are currently using is also using days added to the orignal calendar, the first book of the bible tell us the moon and the sun is what we used for our calendar........roman emperiors added days to increase their ego (much like our elected officals) . The true calendar you can find in the first chapter of Genesis the formula is right there in front of you.............Leveticus 23 tells how to count the days for the bible holy days............The very first day off spring is the important starting point for that..............even in the book of Isaiah 1:13-15 we were warned we would change dates and years and as always when man involves himself with our father God Yahweh we screw it up.
    When i finished the calendar for this research when finished it looked neat and organized, nothing like our present day calendar............In God's calendar he based it on the moon and the sun,
    Father God Yahweh, knew we would screw things up, his calendar is based on 28 day months, and he made only three things that involved 28 days that is the moon, a woman menstral cycle, and the oceans tide..........three things man can not screw up, till now................
    the first day of spring is an important date for counting the days............
    much more can be shared on this subject, sadly I do not have the background in puters to publish this calendar and my research or I would of done it on the net years ago when i found the truth............
    Now for those who believe in the almighty, I have a question for you????? would father God Yahweh make the beginning of the year in spring when new growth and life are appearing in the world, when newiness and freshiness is abound or would he create the first of the year in the darkiest, coldest part of the year..............
    *** Light travels faster than sound...............That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.***

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,458

    Default

    Thanks, always learning! Indeed, He would not start a new "year" in "January"! Crazy isn't it? Nor would He start a new Day at Midnight, would He? You are right about the aspects both celestial bodies play in God's "Calendar". It is a fascinating subject and I would love to be able to see your research. I commend you for investigating! I, too, am always trying to learn more about our Father and His ways.

    The question is where are we on God's calendar? The "cycle" of the moon seems to be about 29.54...days from one new moon to the next. The Solar year seems to be about 365.25 days for the "time" it takes for us to revolve around the sun. So how many "moonths" are there in a calendar year? Well, there are sometimes 12 and about every 2nd or 3rd year an extra "moonth" is added to bring us back relatively in sync with the sun. 12 x 29.54 equals 354.48 days, so that's short about 11 days from the 365.25 days needed to trek around the sun. So, how do we know if a year should have 12 or 13 months (moonths) in it? God shows us by the ripening of the barley in the spring, I think. As you know, "Passover" is to be celebrated on the 14th of the first month of the year, in the spring. A New moon starts the first day of the month. If the barley is determined to be able to be ripe in time for the barley harvest in 2 weeks, God is showing us that that new moon, then does begin the first month of the year. If the barley, upon inspection is not even close to be being ripe by the 14th of that month, then, the thirteenth month is then declared and the year will start after its completion.

    Thanks for responding. The seventh day Sabbath, the feast day Sabbaths, and the 7 year land Sabbath and the counting of the Sabbaths toward Pentecost are interesting studies as well!

    God bless you.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    When someone starts peeling off certain laws that Yah gave there is no end to it. Little by little a person will decide they don’t need to worry about this or that which Yah spoke. A jot thrown away here, a tittle thrown away there. It’s a scary thing. You’ve got to trust in Yah with all your heart and not lean to your own understanding. Don’t worry about what people will think about you. Set your sight on the Creator. Do your very best to please Him. Your time on earth will be over with before you know it, and it will be so much better if you spent that time practicing and teaching even the least of the commandments. Kingdom standing- eternity is at stake.

    The entire concept of GUARDING His commands is to not add to nor take away from.

    Deu 4:2 “Do not add to the Word which I command you, and do not take away from it,a so as to guard the commands of יהוה your Elohim which I am commanding you. Footnote: aSee also Deu_12:32, Pro_30:6, Rev_22:18-19.
    Yes, it is very sad when we start to "fall away" like that. I love your concept of guarding His commandments...instead of doing what's right in our own eyes! So, what does God require of us? To love mercy, to do justly (what is right) and to walk humbly before Him. It is certainly NOT humbly walking when we think we are smart enough to pick and choose what commands He's given to us because He loves us, and just do what we think based on our own faulty understanding!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by always learning View Post

    Now for those who believe in the almighty, I have a question for you????? would father God Yahweh make the beginning of the year in spring when new growth and life are appearing in the world, when newiness and freshiness is abound or would he create the first of the year in the darkiest, coldest part of the year..............
    Yes, our year begins with the ripening of barley, Abib, Exo 12:2 This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you. Pagans use janus, of course.

    The debate is what moon cycle, TRADITION says NO MOON or SLIVER, but neither have Scriptural support at all.

    However, the Sabbath is every 7th day and has been from Creation.
    "The one who says he stays in Him must himself also walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

    Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    So how many "moonths" are there in a calendar year?
    From my research and study, Yah never has said when a year ENDS, so as long as we begin correctly I don't see any problem.
    "The one who says he stays in Him must himself also walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

    Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    From my research and study, Yah never has said when a year ENDS, so as long as we begin correctly I don't see any problem.
    No problem at all, unless one wants to know the day and hour, for example of the start of the seventh month! It could be, either 29 days or 30 days from the start of the last month. God, I think, wants us to be dependent on Him! It's a wonderful walk, getting to know Him and His ways!

    As for whether a new month starts when there is no moon visible or at the sighting of the first sliver....I'm going with the sliver. And, I agree with you about the seventh day Sabbath!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    No problem at all, unless one wants to know the day and hour, for example of the start of the seventh month! It could be, either 29 days or 30 days from the start of the last month. God, I think, wants us to be dependent on Him! It's a wonderful walk, getting to know Him and His ways!

    As for whether a new month starts when there is no moon visible or at the sighting of the first sliver....I'm going with the sliver. And, I agree with you about the seventh day Sabbath!
    If one begins correctly, the 7th month is easy as the rest of the moedim. I use to do the sliver for many years but found no Scripture at all. Have you found anything to support it?
    "The one who says he stays in Him must himself also walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

    Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,458

    Default

    Nor is there support for the "no moon" start....that I know of. God's calendar is fascinating, and I claim no scholarship on the subject, but it makes sense to me that the no moon phase would be included in the previous month's cycle. The new moon, as most of men's 'calendars', where there is no moon at all in the sky has always seemed odd to me. Hence, I believe, that the new month starts with the sighting of the first sliver. What made you change?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •