Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe That FEW Will Find The Narrow Way, As Messiah Said?

Question Do You Believe That FEW Will Find The Narrow Way, As Messiah Said?

I get the impression that denominal churchdom thinks Torah folks are those oddly dressed people bobbing their heads at an old wall in Jerusalem, praying to rocks. Those folks are as far from Torah as churchdom! That’s not Torah! But the facts are, without Torah, you can’t know Him; He doesn’t know you either. The great news is that you can still turn back, but you have to quit playing church. Walking out Torah is walking as Messiah walked! If you can find another meaning to these Scriptures, or I have made an error, please speak up and correct me! Let’s break it down -

**“My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye SIN NOT.”**
    That’s extensively well covered in Scripture. Sin caused the fall, causes dispersion, curses, banishment, rejection, a whole host of maladies that equate to all the worlds problems. The earth is defiled and burned because of Torah rejection (Is. 24:5-6). Sin caused the death of our Messiah Who warned us to “sin no more” (Jn 5:14, 8:11). Paul says the same: Shall we CONTINUE IN SIN, that grace may abound? YAH FORBID! How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? (Rom 6:1-2)

It sure seems everyone that claims Messiah would want to know precisely how sin is defined, right? Why is it so very few take notice? It’s simple, it’s no mystery, yet trivialized or abandoned entirely by churchdom. Like sin is some undefined, mystical thing. It’s not -

“Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the Torah: for SIN IS the transgression of the Torah.” 1Jn 3:4

“What shall we say then? Is the Torah sin? Yah forbid! Nay, I hadn’t known sin, but by the TORAH...” Rom 7:7

**“And if any man sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Yahusha Ha’Mashiach the righteous: And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”**

Our Advocate, not to habitually keep sinning the same sins He had to die for, mocking His Sacrifice, but that we may have the opportunity to repent and turn back. TURNing BACK is defined here as well as the option to TURN AWAY and what that means -

“REPENT therefore AND TURN BACK, for the blotting out of your sins...” Act 3:19

”TURN BACK to יהוה your Elohim and OBEY His voice, according to ALL THAT I COMMANDED you” Deu 30:2

“He who TURNS AWAY his ear FROM hearing the TORAH, Even his prayer is an abomination.” Pro 28:9

You either know Him or you don’t. You CAN know if you know Him! You can also ‘say’ you do, or even ‘think’ you do, but IF you ignore this huge IF, you don’t. It’s really simple as that -

**“And hereby WE DO KNOW that we know him, IF we guard his commandments.”**

I love the apostle’s bluntness here. No word mincing, cuts right to the point of who is really who when the big IF is ignored - You are either guarding or lying -

**“He that says, I know him, and DOES NOT GUARD his commandments, IS A LIAR, and the Truth is not in him.”**

ARE you guarding? Have you added or taken away? Do you know what guarding means? GUARDING is an old term, not ambiguous at all, FROM THE BEGINNING -

“DO NOT ADD to the Word which I command you, and DO NOT TAKE AWAY from it, SO AS TO GUARD the commands of יהוה your Elohim which I am commanding you.” Deu 4:2

IF you are guarding, His love is perfected. And again, the litmus guarantee defining if we are truly in Him -

**“But whoso GUARDS His word, in him truly is the love of Elohiym perfected: HEREBY WE KNOW that we are in Him.”**

The word ‘ought’ here in the following verse means a debt is owed, an obligation. So you don’t want to walk as He did? Sabbath, feast days, eating clean, not having pagan festivals turn you off? No problem! Just don’t ‘say’ you follow Him; the True example. I suggest Rome’s false messiah, under a “protestant” heading, of course -

**“He that says he abides in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.”**

Yes, this is all Torah being referred to, do you remember reading “In the beginning...” ? Gen 1:1 THAT is where the Word begins -

**“Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had FROM THE BEGINNING. The old commandment is THE WORD which ye have heard FROM THE BEGINNING.”** 1Jn 2:1-7

”...IF you wish to enter into life, GUARD the commands.” Mat 19:17

These people thought they knew Him too. MANY in that day, according to Him, will hear these words and the reason why -

”...I NEVER KNEW YOU, depart from Me, you who work Torahlessness!’ Mat 7:23

Torah folks? They wont hear those words. The True Messiah is their example and their walk is patterned after His. You don’t want to hear those words either, do you? -

“For not the hearers of the Torah are righteous in the sight of Elohim, but the DOERS OF the TORAH shall be declared right.” Rom 2:13

Messiah bluntly said few would find the narrow Way (Matt 7:14). Time to take Him serious, if you are reading Paul with a Torahless mindset, you are on the path to destruction (2 Pet 3:16,17). The verses above can assure you that you are on the narrow Way, or detail how you have strayed.

Hodu l’ YHUH! May your Sabbath be full!
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

I've had a sign on the back of my pickup for years now and all it says is "Heaven will not be crowded" got good and bad reviews from folks
    *** Light travels faster than sound...............That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.***

Good writing, brother! In pondering Messiah's statement Matthew 7:13-14 I have often wondered WHAT both groups are entering. It appears that we can ENTER through Life, or through destruction. The Messiah suggests we enter through Life, the narrow way, through the small gate, which appears to be rather hidden from most, who choose to follow the path with the most people on it, (how could they all be wrong?)....but that way is broad, the gate wide, accepting all the baggage the many bring with them...But, my point is that they are all entering. Even those who are on the broad way. "And MANY are those who ENTER by it."

Yes, I have come to believe that our Mighty, Loving, MerciFULL Father is going to save ALL of HIs Creation. Every knee will bow, every tongue will confess allegiance to Him, as He causes us ALL to walk in His Ways.

What differentiates between those who "enter by the narrow gate" and those who enter by the broad path of destruction? Is it their so-called "free" will? Can anyone choose to follow the Messiah as He walked, of their own free will? Or Only IF the Father draws, or drags them?

Does God desire all to be saved and come to repentance and knowledge of the truth or not?

I believe that He does. Is God's will stronger than man's? Does God submit to the will of man? Or will man submit to the will of God? If God could save everyone, would He?

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Good writing, brother! In pondering Messiah's statement Matthew 7:13-14 I have often wondered WHAT both groups are entering. It appears that we can ENTER through Life, or through destruction. The Messiah suggests we enter through Life, the narrow way, through the small gate, which appears to be rather hidden from most, who choose to follow the path with the most people on it, (how could they all be wrong?)....but that way is broad, the gate wide, accepting all the baggage the many bring with them...But, my point is that they are all entering. Even those who are on the broad way. "And MANY are those who ENTER by it."

Yes, I have come to believe that our Mighty, Loving, MerciFULL Father is going to save ALL of HIs Creation. Every knee will bow, every tongue will confess allegiance to Him, as He causes us ALL to walk in His Ways.

What differentiates between those who "enter by the narrow gate" and those who enter by the broad path of destruction? Is it their so-called "free" will? Can anyone choose to follow the Messiah as He walked, of their own free will? Or Only IF the Father draws, or drags them?

Does God desire all to be saved and come to repentance and knowledge of the truth or not?

I believe that He does. Is God's will stronger than man's? Does God submit to the will of man? Or will man submit to the will of God? If God could save everyone, would He?
    Isa 26:9 My being longs for You in the night, also, my spirit within me seeks You earnestly. For when Your right-rulings are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world shall learn righteousness.
    Isa 26:10 The wrong finds favour, yet he shall not learn righteousness; in the land of straightforwardness he acts perversely, and does not see the excellency of יהוה.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

2Pe 2:19 promising them freedom, though themselves being slaves of corruption – for one is a slave to whatever overcomes him.
    2Pe 2:20 For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of the Master and Saviour יהושע Messiah, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the first.
    2Pe 2:21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the set-apart commande delivered unto them. Footnote: eThe singular “command” often means “commands” – see 1Ti_6:14, Deu_17:20, Psa_19:8.
    2Pe 2:22 For them the proverb has proved true, “A dog returns to his own vomit,” Pro_26:11 and, “A washed sow returns to her rolling in the mud.”

All true. But, so is "For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Saviour of ALL men, especially of believers. 1 Tim. 4:10

It is much better, obviously, to find the narrow gate that enters through life....and we know who is the Way, the Truth, and The Life.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    All true. But, so is "For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Saviour of ALL men, especially of believers. 1 Tim. 4:10

It is much better, obviously, to find the narrow gate that enters through life....and we know who is the Way, the Truth, and The Life.
    Yes indeed. Tough to figure all this out, glad His plan is perfect!

That's the truth! he knows what He is doing and He works all things according to the counsel of His own will! HalleluYah! His will be done. His kingdom come!

Default Nature of sin.

The nature of sin was defined in the Garden of Eden.
    When Yahweh confronted Adam, the response of Adam was to bear false witness against Yahweh and Eve who Yahweh had Graciously given to Adam. No snake was accused.
    Bearing false witness has been the attribute of wicked folks ever since. Adam was the sly & subtle beast in the Garden of Eden.
    Adam's genetic code recorded his treachery, and this was implanted in Adam's first kid, Cain. When Cain was irritated by Abel, Yahweh told Cain to drop his anger.
    Cain did exactly what Adam did; Cain did what he wanted to do, thus usurping in his mind the place of Yahweh to decide good & evil. So, ignoring He with Perfect Knowledge, is a rebellion and mental murder of the Perfect Man, YahwehShua who can save us, if we let Him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan88 View Post
    No snake was accused.
    Gen 3:14 And Yahuah Elohiym said unto the serpent, Because you have done this...

You aren't one of those serpent seed nuts, are you?