Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legalist! Judaizer! Under The Law! In Bondage! Cursed! - Did I Miss Any?

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    Always playing catch up...

https://www.premierchristianradio.co...ows-God-exists

Psa 19:7 The Torah of יהוה is perfect...
    Exactly! We learn to trust His Word, His instructions, too, even if we don't understand why. Just as a child learns to trust his/her parents who don't lie to them, like many parents, sadly, do! (Satan Claus stories) (Threats they don't follow up with, etc.) Even though Abraham did not understand God's command to go and sacrifice his promised son, Isaac, he trusted Yahuah/Yahweh (?) (Actually, He revealed Himself to Abram as El Shaddai, not as Yahweh, according to His revelation to Moses).

Point being, God does not lie to us. He is the only trustworthy One. He knows what He's doing. If He says it or commands it, it is for our good and His Glory. We all have so much to learn about Him yet, don't we?

So, even if we don't yet understand why He directs us to keep a command we need to trust Him and keep it. Why keep "food laws"? Because God knows what's good for us because He designed and created us! "Oh, but those Israelites didn't know bout trichinosis back in them days and didn;t know that heating the pig flesh to 160 degrees would kill the worms. And besides, we raise pigs in clean environments now...so bacon is OK and pork chops are so yummy!" they say...."And rabbits and squirrels....so yummy" "And shrimp and lobster? Delicacies!" "Bottom feeder catfish, too!"

Sure, there ARE spiritual applications to God's instructions about what we should digest, whether physically for our bodies but also regarding what teachings we should contemplate to keep us pure and holy as we stay alert to polluting shatanic ideas and deceptions and "food" sacrificed to idols or the dung that comes out of many "preachers'" mouths...but, again, God knows why He commands what He commands and He can be trusted! Thank God!

Those laws about sacrificing animals were replaced by YahvehShua's sacrifice by being murdered via the Edom directed mob.
    And, that many churches want to rebuild Herod's temple to sacrifice animals in reveals their lostness.

But many of the laws such as about hems, shaving corners of beards etc. I don't know about, though I tried some.
    Sanitizing with flame is difficult, cause I have an electric stove now.

That word "Judaizer" doesn't help, partly because the word did not exist till about 500 years ago; And. there were no Jews, no Judah, and no Jesus.

No "J", eh?

Anyone here know what it means to not cut the corners of one's beard? Leviticus 19:27 and Leviticus 21:5?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan88 View Post
    Anyone here know what it means to not cut the corners of one's beard? Leviticus 19:27 and Leviticus 21:5?
    21:1: "‘No one is to be defiled for the dead among his people..."

Pagan mourning practices are forbidden. "Cut/round" is a horrible translation as usual: " to strike with more or less violence "

They were not to rip out chunks of their beard mourning for the dead.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan88 View Post
    Excellent question, Ivan! This very verse came up at our Wednesday "Men's Bible Study". Thanks, Off-Grid! Both of you inspired by God to answer something I could not answer. Praise God! Which brings me to ask you both, How do you spell His Name? I've seen Yahua, Yahu, YHUH, YHWH, Yahweh...etc. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    I've seen Yahua, Yahu, YHUH, YHWH, Yahweh...etc. Thanks
    It's Yod Hey Vav Hey. The vav has a oo-ah sound, Yahuah, Yahwah, are closest phonetically. That's why I prefer to use YHUH.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Thank you. Hopefully, YHUH approves! Does Hebrew read left to right or right to left? HalleluYah! Much to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Thank you. Hopefully, YHUH approves! Does Hebrew read left to right or right to left? HalleluYah! Much to learn.
    Right to left

Thanks Off Grid for the "beard corners" clarification. Good Job.

Now, as for that word in the title of this thread, "Judaizer", it has become a hell of an effective word at causing confusions & delusions.

Therefore: A little history on the letter J:
    Italian poet and scholar, Gian Giorgio Trissino, born of a patrician family at Vicenza in 1478; passed away at Rome, 8 December, 1550. He, with humanistic training, studying Greek under the noted Demetrius Chalcondylas at Milan and philosophy under Nicoḷ Leoniceno at Ferrara;
    And recommended to the humanist Leo X; In 1515 was sent to Germany as his nuncio; later on Clement VII showed him especial favour, and employed him as ambassador.

The letter J originated as a swash character to end some Roman numerals in place of I.
    Gian Giorgio Trissino, was the first to distinguish I and J as separate sounds, in his Ɛpistola del Trissino de le lettere nuωvamente aggiunte ne la lingua italiana.
    Thus, Trissino's epistle about the letters U & J added to the Italian language of 1524.

Originally, both I and J repesented /i/, and /j/; with the j becoming a G sound.

Add to this mix, Iesus fron the original King James Bible, and we end up with Iesus, later becoming pronounced as geesus; And since we consider Greek as the originating language of the New Testament, we should look at Greek pronunciation of this new word Jesus that we pronounce as Geesus.
    What does gesus mean in Greek? And Here is the Trick that most Christians swallowed completely.

1st, γοης = gees, meanng wizard, imposter and secucer;
    2ndly, υς = us, meaning swine, hog. Pig.
    Thus we end up with geesus.

(some of this came from wikepedia)