Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Eat Anything! Don't Even Question It! (1 Cor. 10:25) Right...

Default Just Eat Anything! Don't Even Question It! (1 Cor. 10:25) Right...

And a voice came to him, “Rise up, Kěpha, slay and eat.” But Kěpha said, “NOT AT ALL, Master! Because I have NEVER EATEN whatever is common or UNCLEAN.” Act 10:13-14

And of course Kepha was correct, he knew what actual food was according to Scripture (Lev 11), the vision was about calling any man common or unclean (Acts 10:2 8 ), not about eating rats, snakes, dogs, or swine. The context bore that out. That’s an easy one, but the verse in question? People come up with all kinds of justifications for their sins and try to use Scripture to prove it. Sadly, the absolutely horrible translations help folks along in deception.

The Amplified bible at least mentioned the context - (Regarding meat offered to idols):
    “Eat anything that is sold in the meat market without asking any questions for the sake of your conscience” 1 Cor 10:25

So, who cares if the meat was sacrificed to idols? Who even cares if it’s a rat on a stick? Don’t even question it! This verse clearly says eat any damn thing we want! Really? Wait just one doggone minute -

“That ye abstain from meats offered to idols” Act 15:29

“keep themselves from things offered to idols” Act 21:25

“Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee,- to seduce my servants to - to eat things sacrificed unto idols.” Rev 2:20

“But I have a few things against thee - (taught by Balaq ) to eat things sacrificed unto idols” Rev 2:14

Previous to the peculiar verse, this warning was also noted -

“No, but what the nations slaughter they slaughter to demons and not to Elohim, and I do not wish you to become sharers with demons. You are not able to drink the cup of the Master and the cup of demons, you are not able to partake of the table of the Master and of the table of demons.” 1Co 10:20-21 (Lev_17:7, Deu_32:17.)

Let’s look at this again. I think we already know just how badly ALL translations suck, right? I’ve not found one translation that got this correct. At least many translations corrected the Acts 12:4 blunder about ‘easter’... but this one still runs amok -

“Whatsoever is sold in the market, eat, -ASKING NO QUESTION (G350)- for conscience sake” 1Co 10:25

Strong’s G350: properly to scrutinize, that is, (by implication) investigate, interrogate, determine- ask, question, discern, examine, judge, search.

Thayer Definition:1) examine or judge 1a) to investigate, examine, enquire into, scrutinise, sift, question 1a1) specifically in a forensic sense of a judge to hold an investigation 1a2) to interrogate, examine the accused or witnesses

Mounce: 16x to sift; to examine closely, Act_17:11; to scrutinize, scan, 1Co_2:14-15; 1Co_9:3; to try judicially, Luk_23:14; to judge, give judgment upon, 1Co_4:3-4; to put questions, be inquisitive, 1Co_10:25; 1Co_10:27; Act_11:12 v.l.

What a devious crock! Can anyone actually translate text this poorly? This type of nonsense has to be intentional anti-Mashiach bias, nobody can be that stupid. Can they???

“Scrutinize, interrogate, question, inquire, judge” = “ask no questions”????

Might it better be said: “Before you buy anything at the meat market, you must closely investigate and eat nothing before doing so for the sake of your moral principle”? Boy, that sure summarizes the intensity of how we scour all market items these days - they put the swine in almost everything!

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/1_c...ians/10-25.htm

MY personal bottom line? Don’t add, don’t take away; GUARD! (Dt. 4:2). Our eternal litmus test that establishes the bedrock of our foundation -

“To THE TORAH and to the testimony: if they speak not according to THIS WORD, it is because there is no light in them.” Isa 8:20
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

from Strong's Greek Dictionary

After repeatedly looking up the words in 1 Corinthians 10:25 I find:

1 Corinthians 110:25
    What is offered-sold in (meat market 3111), eat, asking {350 scrutinize, investigate, examine), No {3367 = 3361 + 1520 without delay]
    question {added, no such word found here unless part of examination idea.)

What is sold at meat market, eat, scrutinize/examine/investigate without delay.
    Now a days, read the label!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan88 View Post
    {350 scrutinize, investigate, examine)
    translates as "asking no question". I'm sure that was just an accident.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Excellent post and comment from you both! Thank you.

Shabbat shalom!

Thank you! To you as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    translates as "asking no question". I'm sure that was just an accident.
    That is one option as per Strong's Dictionary. But His translations are some times colored by wrong definitions when Dr. James Strong was Heroically producing His concordance and 2 dictionaries. And, it makes no sense to ask no questions when buying meat at the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan88 View Post
    That is one option as per Strong's Dictionary. But His translations are some times colored by wrong definitions when Dr. James Strong was Heroically producing His concordance and 2 dictionaries. And, it makes no sense to ask no questions when buying meat at the market.
    Strong’s G350: properly to scrutinize, that is, (by implication) investigate, interrogate, determine- ask, question, discern, examine, judge, search.

Thayer Definition:1) examine or judge 1a) to investigate, examine, enquire into, scrutinise, sift, question 1a1) specifically in a forensic sense of a judge to hold an investigation 1a2) to interrogate, examine the accused or witnesses

Mounce: 16x to sift; to examine closely, Act_17:11; to scrutinize, scan, 1Co_2:14-15; 1Co_9:3; to try judicially, Luk_23:14; to judge, give judgment upon, 1Co_4:3-4; to put questions, be inquisitive, 1Co_10:25; 1Co_10:27; Act_11:12 v.l.

I prefer the Mounce method, investigate how the word was used in all those different verses. That nailed it down.

for why is my liberty judged of anotherman's conscience?

Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbathdays:

You need to re-read your Bible. Sounding like a cult leader with unbelievable ego.. You would dare speak so ignorantly against your betters such as William Tyndale? Yikes...

Your salvation is in question... However your head is so far up your butt you would not have any clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Eznite View Post
    for why is my liberty judged of anotherman's conscience?

Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbathdays:

You need to re-read your Bible. Sounding like a cult leader with unbelievable ego.. You would dare speak so ignorantly against your betters such as William Tyndale? Yikes...

Your salvation is in question... However your head is so far up your butt you would not have any clue.
    I quite enjoy context, personally. It's where you find the technical details. One thing you should know, if Messiah was teaching eating dogs and cats was fine, that would be an imposter. Thankfully, that's not the case:

Mat 15:20 “These defile the man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile the man.”

He was addressing the crazy ceremonial handwashing practices of those who add to Torah.

As for Col 2, we need to examine WHO was doing the "judging".

This one notoriously gets ripped out of context all the time. One verse. No context ever applied. Ask someone why they ignore/break the 4th commandment, or wanna eat rats, this one is always used.

Col 2:16-17 Let “NO MAN” therefore “judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths… – which are a shadow of what is to come – but the Body of the Messiah”.

Now we examine the context to correctly identify this ‘man’ warned about -

“And this I say, lest “ANY MAN” should “beguile you with enticing words.” ”Beware lest “ANY MAN” “spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men”, after the “rudiments of the world”, and “not after Messiah”. Let “NO MAN” “beguile you” of “your reward” in a voluntary humility and “worshiping of angels”, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, “vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind”,… after the “commandments and DOCTRINES OF MEN!”

This ‘MAN’ who is NOT to judge us IS…a beguiler, a spoiler through philosophy, vainly deceitful, a man after the TRADITIONS OF MEN, puffed up in the FLESH, not after Messiah, rudiments of the world, AFTER THE COMMANDMENTS AND DOCTRINES OF MEN!

Clearly, this ‘man’ is an outsider and also definitely not part of the body of Messiah. They were not to let anyone judge them for OBEYING these matters! Remember when Paul said “For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are INSIDE?” (1Co 5:12). Again, all about obedience. Anything less is a false excuse to justify sin.

Don’t let the ‘man’ getcha.

If you think our 'freedom' is found by sinning as opposed to being free OF sin, you missed the message.

But I'm just a cultie, following in the steps Messiah said to walk.