Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Eat Anything! Don't Even Question It! (1 Cor. 10:25) Right...

Quote Originally Posted by Eznite View Post
    against your betters such as William Tyndale? Yikes...
    I'm sure he thought he was correct, sure glad I have internet and 1000's of tools more than he had for my research - You can argue with these all day, cry if you need to -

Strong’s G350: properly to scrutinize, that is, (by implication) investigate, interrogate, determine- ask, question, discern, examine, judge, search.

Thayer Definition:1) examine or judge 1a) to investigate, examine, enquire into, scrutinise, sift, question 1a1) specifically in a forensic sense of a judge to hold an investigation 1a2) to interrogate, examine the accused or witnesses

Mounce: 16x to sift; to examine closely, Act_17:11; to scrutinize, scan, 1Co_2:14-15; 1Co_9:3; to try judicially, Luk_23:14; to judge, give judgment upon, 1Co_4:3-4; to put questions, be inquisitive, 1Co_10:25; 1Co_10:27; Act_11:12 v.l.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    I quite enjoy context, personally. It's where you find the technical details. One thing you should know, if Messiah was teaching eating dogs and cats was fine, that would be an imposter. Thankfully, that's not the case:

Mat 15:20 “These defile the man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile the man.”

He was addressing the crazy ceremonial handwashing practices of those who add to Torah.

As for Col 2, we need to examine WHO was doing the "judging".

This one notoriously gets ripped out of context all the time. One verse. No context ever applied. Ask someone why they ignore/break the 4th commandment, or wanna eat rats, this one is always used.

Col 2:16-17 Let “NO MAN” therefore “judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths… – which are a shadow of what is to come – but the Body of the Messiah”.

Now we examine the context to correctly identify this ‘man’ warned about -

“And this I say, lest “ANY MAN” should “beguile you with enticing words.” ”Beware lest “ANY MAN” “spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men”, after the “rudiments of the world”, and “not after Messiah”. Let “NO MAN” “beguile you” of “your reward” in a voluntary humility and “worshiping of angels”, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, “vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind”,… after the “commandments and DOCTRINES OF MEN!”

This ‘MAN’ who is NOT to judge us IS…a beguiler, a spoiler through philosophy, vainly deceitful, a man after the TRADITIONS OF MEN, puffed up in the FLESH, not after Messiah, rudiments of the world, AFTER THE COMMANDMENTS AND DOCTRINES OF MEN!

Clearly, this ‘man’ is an outsider and also definitely not part of the body of Messiah. They were not to let anyone judge them for OBEYING these matters! Remember when Paul said “For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are INSIDE?” (1Co 5:12). Again, all about obedience. Anything less is a false excuse to justify sin.

Don’t let the ‘man’ getcha.

If you think our 'freedom' is found by sinning as opposed to being free OF sin, you missed the message.

But I'm just a cultie, following in the steps Messiah said to walk.
    Excellent! If I recall correctly, in my study of these two verses from Col., that word "judge" is to teach' in other words, do let let the pagans teach you regarding these important things that are a shadow of things to come, but let the body of Christ teach you! They are important! Because they are a shadow of the things that are coming! I suppose we could think of them as rehearsals....practice before the real thing comes in God's Time.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Excellent! If I recall correctly, in my study of these two verses from Col., that word "judge" is to teach' in other words, do let let the pagans teach you regarding these important things that are a shadow of things to come, but let the body of Christ teach you! They are important! Because they are a shadow of the things that are coming! I suppose we could think of them as rehearsals....practice before the real thing comes in God's Time.
    It can mean that...

G2919
    κρίνω
    krinō
    114x: pluperfect, κεκρίκει (3 sg), pr. to separate; to make a distinction between; to exercise judgment upon; to estimate, Rom_14:5; to judge, to assume censorial power over, to call to account, Mat_7:1; Luk_6:37; Rom_2:1; Rom_2:3; Rom_14:3-4; Rom_14:10; Rom_14:13; Col_2:16; Jas_4:11-12; to bring under question, Rom_14:22; to judge judicially, to try as a judge, Joh_18:31; to bring to trial, Act_13:27; to sentence, Luk_19:22; Joh_7:51; to resolve on, decree, Act_16:4; Rev_16:5; absol. to decide, determine, resolve, Act_3:13; Act_15:19; Act_27:1; to deem, Act_13:46; to form a judgment, pass judgment, Joh_8:15; pass. to be brought to trial, Act_25:10; Act_25:20; Rom_3:4; to be brought to account, to incur arraignment, be arraigned, 1Co_10:29; mid. to go to law, litigate, Mat_5:40; in NT to judge, to visit judicially, Act_7:7; 1Co_11:31-32; 1Pe_4:6; to judge, to right, to vindicate, Heb_10:30; to administer government over, to govern, Mat_19:28; Luk_22:30.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Thank you. I looked back in the Vine's dictionary and I couldn't find the word 'teach', but, rather determining what is right and wrong....as well as your provided definitions. In other words, "Don't let your former pagan 'friends' determine for you what is right and wrong, but let the Body of Christ instruct on these matters".....right?

Thank you. I looked back in the Vine's dictionary and I couldn't find the word 'teach', but, rather determining what is right and wrong....as well as your provided definitions. In other words, "Don't let your former pagan 'friends' determine for you what is right and wrong, but let the Body of Christ instruct on these matters".....right?
    Indeed, sir! Well said.

2Ti 2:15 Study to show yourself approved unto Elohiym, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, >>rightly dividing<< the Word of Truth.

1) to cut straight, to cut straight ways
    1a) to proceed on straight paths, hold a straight course, equiv. to doing right
    2) to make straight and smooth, to handle aright, to teach the truth directly and correctly

OK. Thanks, now, back to refuting the Calvinists....

I am happy to read of people who follow the Perfect Word & Intent of He who created all things and knows all things. God Job to You All!

OK. Thanks, now, back to refuting the Calvinists....
    Futile. Or not. Whatever is predetermined

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    Futile. Or not. Whatever is predetermined
    Exactly! No sense fighting against the plan. Unless of course that is part of the plan.

Exactly! No sense fighting against the plan. Unless of course that is part of the plan.
    Maybe they are watching your posts -

Been seeing these numbers a lot lately, mostly guests. Seeing where everything is heading in the news always seems to generate more interest in the Word. What's keeping the lurkers from joining? We'd love to discuss and share ideas!
    Committees of Correspondence

(60 Viewing)

Hard News And Discussion Amongst Citizens Of The Tree

The Chapel

(70 Viewing)

Religion and theology

There are currently 183 users online. 6 members and 177 guests