Thread: Yielding To Common Sense - Isaiah 24

Default Yielding To Common Sense - Isaiah 24

One would think - common sense - having the future written far in advance for us, special consideration would be given such passages. It could be likened to a map of our lives, the direction to the end of our journey and what that will look like. Moreover, a safety check to see if we are even on the correct path.

“See, the former predictions have come, and NEW ONES I am declaring; BEFORE THEY SPRING FORTH I LET YOU HEAR THEM.” Isa 42:9

So much detail is given concerning the future time of His judgment and the reason why is so clearly stated. A defiled earth because of “transgression of the Torah, changed ordinance, breaking the everlasting covenant.” Is 24:5

Now if I was disregarding Sabbath, eating the swine, or a host of other stuff denominational churchianity enjoins, I would certainly hope that the reasons YHUH gives would be a wake-up call to stop and repent immediately. There are only two sides to be on here, no third option. Being forewarned, there won’t be any excuse for being on the wrong side.

“Come now, and let us reason together, says Yahuah: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool >>> IF ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: But >>>IF ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of Yahuah has spoken it. Isa 1:18-20

Yeah, but that’s all that “old testament” stuff. Really? It’s future, to respond to now before it becomes history. Also seems to be the very Personification of the saying “Like Father, like Son” to me -

“But those enemies of mine who did not wish me to reign over them, bring them here and SLAY THEM before me.” Luk 19:27 “Oh, sweet Jesus”?

Warnings abound. The old “but Paul said...” excuse won’t fly either, if you read his writings with a Torahless mindset; that’s called delusion -

”...being FOREWARNED, watch, lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the delusion of the lawless...” 2Pe 3:17

Be forewarned indeed. The day is coming.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    One would think - common sense - having the future written far in advance for us, special consideration would be given such passages. It could be likened to a map of our lives, the direction to the end of our journey and what that will look like. Moreover, a safety check to see if we are even on the correct path.
    Talking with a friend just yesterday about "examining ourselves, to see IF we are IN the faith..." THE faith? Everyone has faith....in something, it seems. Most all BELIEVE they are right about their ways and assumptions. That these ways and assumptions are right. But, what if they are not?

The delusion of the lawless. Interesting concept. You mean the LAW is a part of THE FAITH? Who'd a thunk?

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    You mean the LAW is a part of THE FAITH?
    ONLY if one cares to define sin as YHUH does (1Jn 3:4). And ONLY if one wants to walk as Messiah set example (1Jn. 2:6) The rest are just playing church by their own standards.

Rom 6:1 WHAT shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
    Rom 6:2 Never. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.