Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Mark Of The Beast - Should You Be Worried??

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    "“Bind up the testimony, SEAL THE TORAH among my Talmidiym.” Isa 8:16"

What does Talmidiym mean?
    Instructed, learned, disciples... Of course it's where the word 'talmud' comes from, thinking THEY fit the bill

I use Esword for variety.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

It has been a long time since I read about King Jame's translators, so I don't have any proof at hand for the time being, However, despite King George's alleged failures at Christian Virtue, His Bible did not use the letter J, and had important books like Daniel & Susanna, the Wisdom of Solomon, and the revelation that Sparta was of the Israelite Tribe of Yehuda, which books most American churches removed.

In some ways, the Catholic Duoay Bible was better than King Jame's version, but now a days, they have removed parts of it. Funny thing is that the Duoay Bible came out about 1609 before King James'. I still use King James' version mainly because of Strong's Concordance and Dictionaries in Aramac using Hebrew letters and Greek with Greek letters.

If you are good at reading Aramaic or Arabic the Syrian Bible has some good value to it.

Otherwise, I don't know of a really good published Bible version.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan88 View Post
    It has been a long time since I read about King Jame's translators, so I don't have any proof at hand for the time being,
    See, when you post stuff like -King James had mostly Talmudists do their "translating"- be ready to back it up with substance, lest others be confused. Personally, I've never even heard a whit of that before and believe it to be patently FALSE.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

What version of the scriptures do you recommend?
    All translations have errors. All of them. I do at least prefer the versions that have His Name restored.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    All translations have errors. All of them. I do at least prefer the versions that have His Name restored.
    Except the originals, right? Yod Hey Vav Hey in that order, right? Or is it backwards...Hey Vav Hey Yod?

Except the originals, right? Yod Hey Vav Hey in that order, right? Or is it backwards...Hey Vav Hey Yod?
    What originals do you refer to? Spelled r-l in Hebrew, read l-r for us 'backwards' folks

I do not believe the originals have errors, as do our translations. I am dependent on those who know Hebrew, as I do not, to translate the originals into my understanding. I love that your friend, Eric, has the hunger and ambition to learn the language. I am completely dependent on God, Himself, to reveal to me whatever He wants me to know. I trust in His promise, too, that ALL will know Him, from the least of us (me) to the greatest of us (?). Knowing God is the promise and the goal. It will take an eternity I suspect! What a ride!

I do not believe the originals have errors
    Of course that would be correct, but none exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    Of course that would be correct, but none exist.
    I'll bet the Ark of the Covenant contains some originals. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan88 View Post
    It has been a long time since I read about King Jame's translators, so I don't have any proof at hand for the time being, However, despite King George's alleged failures at Christian Virtue, His Bible did not use the letter J, and had important books like Daniel & Susanna, the Wisdom of Solomon, and the revelation that Sparta was of the Israelite Tribe of Yehuda, which books most American churches removed.

In some ways, the Catholic Duoay Bible was better than King Jame's version, but now a days, they have removed parts of it. Funny thing is that the Duoay Bible came out about 1609 before King James'. I still use King James' version mainly because of Strong's Concordance and Dictionaries in Aramac using Hebrew letters and Greek with Greek letters.

If you are good at reading Aramaic or Arabic the Syrian Bible has some good value to it.

Otherwise, I don't know of a really good published Bible version.
    I've been told the Jehovah witness translation is one of the better ones.