Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heresies of Martin Luther

Quote Originally Posted by The Cub View Post

The Catholic Church canonized the Old Testament, and the Catholic Church wrote the New Testament
    Good to know the TaNaK wasn't muddled with

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the Torah, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Mat 5:18 For amein I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one yod or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the Torah, till all be fulfilled.

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of Yahuah.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Deleted....posted to incorrect thread.
    Last edited by The Cub; 09-20-2022 at 10:47 PM.
    "At that time there shall arise Michael, the great prince, guardian of your people; It shall be a time unsurpassed in distress since nations began until that time." (Dn 12:1)

www.call2holiness.org/iniquity.htm

Back to the Apostate, Luther, et al...

The following is from an apologetic website(1). It identifies who founded each major Christian denomination.

The Catholic Church is the only Christian Church which can trace its origins back for almost 2000 years. All other Christian ecclesial communities can go back only a few hundred years at most for their origins. Here are the founders and dates of some of the mainline ecclesial communities. They are in chronological order:

* 30 A.D., The Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ. Mt 16:18, Jn 19:34, Acts 2:1-4, 1 Tm 3:15
    * 1521, Martin Luther started Protestantism by forming the Lutherans, when he broke away from the One True Church that already had existed for almost 15 centuries.
    * 1521, Thomas Munser, a Catholic priest, started Anabaptists in the same year that Luther broke away. Protestantism started splitting within itself immediately. By 1600, there were 100 splits. By 1900, there were 1000, and today there are over 47,000. Where is the One Fold (cf. Jn 10:16)?
    * 1525, Mennonites started by Grebel, Mantz, and Blaurock in Switzerland.
    * 1534, Henry VIII started the Church of England (Anglican).
    * 1536, John Calvin, formed the Calvinists.
    * 1560, John Knox, who studied under Luther, started Presbyterians.
    * 1582, Congregationalists started by Rob Brown, as a branch from Puritanism.
    * 1609, John Smyth formed the Baptists in Holland.
    * 1639, Roger Williams started the Baptists in America. They have since splintered severely.
    * 1647, George Fox started the Quakers in England.
    * 1739, John and Charles Wesley started the Methodists.
    * 1770, Universalists were started by John Murray in New Jersey.
    * 1774, Theophilus Lindley started Unitarians.
    * 1789, Samuel Seabury started Episcopalians.
    * 1793 to 1809, the Churches of Christ had four separate founders.
    * 1803, Evangelicals were founded by Jacob Albright in Pennsylvania.
    * 1830, Joseph Smith founded the Mormons in Palmyra New York.
    * 1860, William Miller started the Adventists.
    * 1863, Ellen Gould White started the Seventh-Day Adventists.
    * 1865, William Booth started The Salvation Army.
    * 1879, Mary Baker Eddy started Christian Scientists.
    * 1879, Charles Russell started the Jehovah's Witnesses.
    * 1875, New Age was started by Helena Blavatsky. (cf. Col 2:
    * 1895, French Abbe, Alfred Loisy and English Jesuit, George Tyrrell started Modernism.
    * 1901, Pentecostalism was started in the United States.
    * 1914, Felix Manalo started Iglesia ni Cristo.
    * 1914, Assembly of GOD was started by a General Assembly in Arkansas.
    * 1919, Church of the Nazarene was started by a Union at a General Assembly.
    * 1930, Independent Churches of America (IFCA), a consortium of churches.
    * 1934, Evangelical Reformed was started by Union at a General Assembly.
    * 1952, L. Ron Hubbard started the Church of Scientology.
    * 1965, Chuck Smith began Calvary Chapel.
    * 1968, Disciples of Christ, separated from the Churches of Christ.
    * 1974, Ken Gullickson started the Vineyard Christian Fellowship.
    * Pentecostal Gospel, and other splinter Pentecostal groups, are some of the hundreds of new sects founded by mere men in the 20th century.

In the words of St. Paul: "Has Christ been divided up?" (1 Cor 1:13)

NB: There are over 47,000 Protestant ecclesial communities all claiming to be guided by the one true Holy Spirit, and no two of them can agree on doctrine. This is mass confusion. Who could believe that such mass confusion was ordained by God – the God that designed the universe?

St. Irenaeus said, "The truth is to be found nowhere else but in the Catholic Church, the sole depository of apostolical doctrine. Heresies are of recent formation, and cannot trace their origin up to the apostles." St. Irenaeus (born circa 115 AD); Adversus Haereses, Book III, chapter 4 Prologue

"Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain.” (Ps 127:1)

(1) http://s871364036.onlinehome.us/how.html
    "At that time there shall arise Michael, the great prince, guardian of your people; It shall be a time unsurpassed in distress since nations began until that time." (Dn 12:1)

Th Cub left out the Eastern Orthodox Church, and the 7 churches addressed by YahShua.
    Furthermore, When most the Christians had been slaughtered around Rome, Edom took it over and pretended to be Christians; Sort of like how Edom took over the kingdom of Yehuda (judah) after 125 B.C.

And Constantine, who worshiped Mithrias became an Emperor by pretending to be converted to Christ.

The so called universal (Catholic) church has tortured and murdered many millions of Christians throughout the centuries, and waged a 30 year war and a 100 year war against Germany for protecting Martin Luther + they worked against the 3rd Reich of Germany.

Now, what happened regarding the mass killing of Christians in Roman Jurisdiction?
    The Apostle Paul told Christians to honor the king/emperor, because they were appointed by Christ the King of kings.
    Why did they ignore that advice? Well, after the destruction of Edomite controlled Yerusalem 65-70 A.D., the Edomites within the Roman Empire decided to do something about the Christians. Somehow, maybe by leaflets and good speakers in markets, they convinced the Christians that honoring the King or Emperor was idolatry and most of them died terrible deaths holding on to that lie.
    With most of Roman Christians dead, Lord Esau was able to take over the Roman Church and still controls it to today. Thus, The great whore is almost all the churches as they mostly follow and support a ton of lies to varying degrees.

In or around 50-55 AD and at the time the Pope of the Catholic Church was Pope St. Peter, St. Paul wrote the following to the Galatians:

“But even if we or an angel from heaven should proclaim to you a gospel contrary to what we proclaimed to you, let that one be accursed! As we have said before, so now I repeat, if anyone proclaims to you a gospel contrary to what you received, let that one be accursed!” (Gal 1:8-9)

About 1,500 years later, the Apostate Luther, chose to ignore this citation (as he did so many others - some of which are delineated in the OP); and deleted 7 books of the Holy Bible, and fabricated his mythical “Scripture Alone’ teaching.

Further, Luther sneered at Jas 2:24 which reads:
    “You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.”

Once again, He added the word ‘alone’ to Romans 3:28, which reads
    “For we hold that a man is justified by faith apart from works of law.” (Rom 3:28 )

Luther’s creation: “For we hold that a man is justified by faith [alone]apart from works of law.”

Could Luther’s fraud be any more blatant?

Clearly, he did this in violation of his ‘scripture alone’ nonsense. Obviously, ‘scripture alone’ is applicable only when it feels good to implement it. Luther’s actions seem to indicate that those citations about ‘not adding to or taking away from My Word’ are inapplicable when it feels good to do so. And that would include ignoring Scripture that presents an obstacle to his teachings, which as we have indicated, constitutes ‘taking away from the Word of God’.

Clearly, Luther’s teachings are frauds based upon lies and myths.

“…Be a sinner and sin boldly, but believe and rejoice in Christ even more boldly.... as long as we are here [in this world] we have to sin.... No sin will separate us from the Lamb, even though we commit fornication and murder a thousand times a day." Letter to Melanchthon, August 1,1521 (American Edition, Luther's Works, vol. 48,pp.281-82, edited by H. Lehmann, Fortress, 1963)

Apparently, that would include ‘committing fraud boldly’.

Holy Scripture tells us that it is the will of Almighty God that all men seek and come to the knowledge of truth (1 Tm 2:3-4); and in the same epistle that the Church is the ‘pilar and bulwark of truth’ (1 Tm 3:15).

Conversely, Protestantism is based upon ‘feelings’. If it feels bad, delete it, modify it, or ignore it. If it feels good, do it,; and call it a ‘church’.

Scripture is clear. Waving a John 3:16 flag, only ain’t gonna cut it on Judgement Day. (cf. Mt 7:21, et al)

In furtherance of my previous posts to this thread, consider the words of the 1st Pope of the Catholic Church in respect of Protestantism, et al

2 Peter 2

2 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their licentiousness, and because of them the way of truth will be reviled. 3 And in their greed they will exploit you with false words; from of old their condemnation has not been idle, and their destruction has not been asleep.[a]

4 For if God did not spare the angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell[b] and committed them to pits of nether gloom to be kept until the judgment; 5 if he did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a herald of righteousness, with seven other persons, when he brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly; 6 if by turning the cities of Sodom and Gomor′rah to ashes he condemned them to extinction and made them an example to those who were to be ungodly; 7 and if he rescued righteous Lot, greatly distressed by the licentiousness of the wicked 8 (for by what that righteous man saw and heard as he lived among them, he was vexed in his righteous soul day after day with their lawless deeds), 9 then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trial, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment, 10 and especially those who indulge in the lust of defiling passion and despise authority.
    Bold and wilful, they are not afraid to revile the glorious ones, 11 whereas angels, though greater in might and power, do not pronounce a reviling judgment upon them before the Lord. 12 But these, like irrational animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and killed, reviling in matters of which they are ignorant, will be destroyed in the same destruction with them, 13 suffering wrong for their wrongdoing. They count it pleasure to revel in the daytime. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their dissipation,[c] carousing with you. 14 They have eyes full of adultery, insatiable for sin. They entice unsteady souls. They have hearts trained in greed. Accursed children! 15 Forsaking the right way they have gone astray; they have followed the way of Balaam, the son of Be′or, who loved gain from wrongdoing, 16 but was rebuked for his own transgression; a dumb ass spoke with human voice and restrained the prophet’s madness.
    17 These are waterless springs and mists driven by a storm; for them the nether gloom of darkness has been reserved. 18 For, uttering loud boasts of folly, they entice with licentious passions of the flesh men who have barely escaped from those who live in error. 19 They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption; for whatever overcomes a man, to that he is enslaved. 20 For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overpowered, the last state has become worse for them than the first. 21 For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 It has happened to them according to the true proverb, The dog turns back to his own vomit, and the sow is washed only to wallow in the mire.

Footnotes

1. 2.3 Much of the material of this chapter appears to be from the Letter of Jude.
    2. 2 Peter 2:4 Greek Tartarus
    3. 2 Peter 2:13 Other ancient authorities read love feasts

Quote Originally Posted by the cub View Post
    the 1st pope of the catholic church
    That's funny.

The ekklesia is built on MESSIAH, NOT a mere, fallible man.The Greek words here rendered "Peter" and "rock." The Greek word translated "Peter" is petros, meaning "pebble" or "small stone," while the word rendered "rock" is petra, meaning "big rock" or "huge boulder." Messiah says He would build His ekklesia on the boulder, not on Peter the pebble. Messiah is the rock.
    Peter was a Torah-abiding man, Sabbath and feast keeping, never ate swine, never kept pagan festivals of x-mess, ishtar, etc.

Too bad popes are the exact opposite.
    Last edited by Off-Grid Organics; 10-19-2022 at 08:45 AM.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Never, has God granted any authority to any man to establish any “church” at any time or under any circumstances.

Holy Scripture is clear:

“But even if we or an angel from heaven should proclaim to you a gospel contrary to what we proclaimed to you, let that one be accursed! As we have said before, so now I repeat, if anyone proclaims to you a gospel contrary to what you received, let that one be accursed!” (Gal 1:8-9)

“…Obedience is better than sacrifice...” (1 Sm 15:22)

Protestantism has devolved into over 47,000 Protestant ecclesial communities all claiming to be “anointed” by the one, true Holy Spirit; and no two of them can agree on doctrine. What is wrong with that picture?

Protestantism is mass chaos and confusion. And who is the author of chaos and confusion?

“I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: preach the word, be urgent in season and out of season, convince, rebuke, and exhort, be unfailing in patience and in teaching. For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander into myths.” (2 Tim 4:1-4)

It was Pope St. Peter who said:
    “But these, like irrational animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and killed, reviling in matters of which they are ignorant, will be destroyed in the same destruction with them, suffering wrong for their wrongdoing. … … Accursed children! Forsaking the right way they have gone astrayThese are waterless springs and mists driven by a storm…” (2 Pt 2:12-17)

Nowhere in the Gospels did Jesus direct His disciples to write anything down. He told them to go out to all nations and preach the Gospel. “and he sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal. And he said to them, ‘Take nothing for your journey, no staff, nor bag, nor bread, nor money; and do not have two tunics.’” (Lk 9:2-3) [NB: no tablet or pencils/styluses.]

We hasten to emphasize the obvious: Jesus founded a Church, not a book (cf. Mt 16:18-19). Further, Jesus indicated clearly that eternal life was to be found in Him, not the Scriptures, when he said in John’s Gospel:

“You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me; yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.” (Jn 5:39-40)

Later in the same discourse: “So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats me will live because of me. This is the bread which came down from heaven, not such as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live forever." (Jn 6:53-58 )

“And he took bread, and when he had given thanks he broke it and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me." (Lk 22:19)

Lastly, consider the words of St. Irenaeus, Father of the Church:

"Since, however, it would be very tedious, in such a volume as this, to reckon up the successions of all the Churches, we do put to confusion all those who, in whatever manner, whether by an evil self-pleasing, by vainglory, or by blindness and perverse opinion, assemble in unauthorized meetings; [we do this, I say,] by indicating that tradition derived from the apostles, of the very great, the very ancient, and universally known Church founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles, Peter and Paul; as also [by pointing out] the faith preached to men, which comes down to our time by means of the successions of the bishops. For it is a matter of necessity that every Church should agree with this Church, on account of its preeminent authority -- that is, the faithful everywhere -- inasmuch as the Apostolic Tradition has been preserved continuously by those who are everywhere." St. Irenaeus (born circa 115 AD); Adversus Haereses, Book III, chapter 3, paragraph 2.

Could the words of Jesus to “Do this in remembrance of Me.” Be any clearer?

The apostate Luther did not support the Holy Eucharist and the Holy Mass, because he knew that he had lost his faculties as a priest when he was excommunicated from the Church of Christ. Only a Catholic priest can consecrate bread and wine into the body and blood of Jesus. NB: Jesus only told his Apostles (the first bishops of the Catholic Church) to: “Do this in remembrance of Me.”

Cub, I appreciate your zeal, but....

Calling Peter the first pope? The history of the Roman Catholic Church is filled with wickedness and evil, which, I would suppose you might be aware of? They kept the scriptures from the people and killed those who tried to get it to them. You support that? It seems obvious to students of history that undoubtedly they are the Mother of harlots, and you rail against the daughters of the Harlot, without including her? Luther, as MANY others, had been misled by the Catholic Church and her harlotries and misteachings. He tried to come against her when he, apparently being led by the Spirit, discovered some of her errors and misteachings. Of course a bounty was placed on his head. I'm just wondering when you're going to be set free from her mistakes? God will open your eyes when He wills. Most all of us have inherited lies that we had believed were true, so, we understand how hard it may be to let go of them as we are led into Truth by the Spirit of holiness. May God bless your search.