Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heresies of Martin Luther

Default The Heresies of Martin Luther

The Heresies of Martin Luther

We begin our discussion by noting Luther’s recognition of the Catholic Church, as the one true Apostolic Church founded by Jesus Christ:

In the Words of the Father of Protestantism

"...Accordingly, we concede to the papacy that they sit in the true Church, possessing the office instituted by Christ and inherited from the apostles, to teach, baptize, administer the sacrament, absolve, ordain, etc., just as the Jews sat in their synagogues or assemblies and were the regularly established priesthood and authority of the Church. We admit all this and do not attack the office, although they are not willing to admit as much for us; yea, we confess that we have received these things from them, even as Christ by birth descended from the Jews and the apostles obtained the Scriptures from them..."(1)

The question arises, “Why would Luther start his own religion knowing that the Catholic Church is the one true Church of Jesus?” Answer: Luther opposed obedience and wanted license to sin at will without consequence. (It should be emphasized that the concepts of Faith and Obedience are the preeminent themes of Holy Scripture.) He taught:
    “…Be a sinner and sin boldly, but believe and rejoice in Christ even more boldly.... as long as we are here [in this world] we have to sin.... No sin will separate us from the Lamb, even though we commit fornication and murder a thousand times a day." (2)

The following is a brief synopsis of Luther’s Protestantism:

A Synopsis of Protestantism

1. Fabricate the concept of Scripture Alone out of thin air.
    2. Add the word “alone” to Romans 3:28, so that it reads “faith alone”.
    3. Delete 7 books of the Holy bible because some present obstacles.
    4. Approach Scripture with preconceived notions taking irrelevant ‘favorable’ texts out of context claiming them as support for your beliefs. (eisegesis elevated to an art form.)
    5. Remove the word ‘obedience’ from your lexicon.
    6. Ignore any Scripture that presents any obstacle.
    7. Do whatever you want and call it a church. (Today there are 47, 000+ Protestant ecclesial denominations, no two of which agree, and all claim to be led by the same one Holy Spirit.)
    8. Ignore any resultant charges from others against items 1-7 ’adding to or taking away from the Word of God (which is prohibited), as necessary.
    9. Cast stones at the one true Apostolic Church founded by Jesus Christ as ‘justification’ for your actions. Substantiation of your assertions and claims is unnecessary. It’s all about feelings and emotion vs. truth.
    10. Grant yourself a Get-Out-Of-Judgement-Day free card, and declare yourself saved.

Now, consider the two primary heretical myths of Luther:

Scripture Alone

This is a heretical concept fabricated by Martin Luther as he wanted to do what he pleased without interference. He felt that this, together with deleting 7 books from the Bible, would allow him to interpret Scripture to his liking without the Magisterium under the Pope correcting him.

Nowhere within Holy Scripture can you find the term ‘Scripture Alone’ nor the concept. If Scripture Alone was the rule then, certainly it would appear within Scripture. What does appear is just the opposite. Refer to the following writing and: (Jn 20:30-31, 21:25, 16:12-15; 2 Thes 2:5-15; Rom 10:17-18; 2 Tm 1:13, 2:2; 1 Jn 2:24; 2 Jn 1:12; 3 Jn 1:12-14, Acts 14:21, et al.)

Scripture Alone: Is Half the Story Sufficient?
    www.call2holiness.org/ScriptureAlone/ScriptureAlone.htm

Some would say, “but Scripture is profitable for teaching” (cf. 2 Tm. 3:16-17). Indeed, it is. That is one of the reasons why the Catholic Church canonized the Old Testament and wrote the New Testament. First, the passage above should be read in context of all of 2 Timothy, particularly that of 2 Tm 3:10, where St. Paul is praising the reader for ‘having observed my teaching’. Secondly, we see in several places that Holy Scripture itself tells us that it is incomplete: “But there are also many other things which Jesus did; were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.” (Jn 21:25) Lastly, we would add that a book on Algebra I is ‘profitable for teaching’, but it does not represent 100% of the field of mathematics.

God made it very clear, that we are not to add to, or take away, from His Word. (Dt 4:2; Prv 30:5-6; Gal 1:8; 2 Pt 3:15-16; Rv 22: 18-19).

Some might say that the Scriptural citations stating that man is not to add to or take away from God’s Word implies that Scripture is complete. Some would add that other Scriptural citations indicating that Holy Scripture is incomplete and that we are to hold true to Tradition, etc. are thus, incongruent and contradictory.

The inerrant Word of God is not incongruent or contradictory. The answer lies in what God meant by saying not to add to or take away from His Word (including that which is written in Holy Scripture and that of Tradition and the teachings of the Church).

To understand this better consider the following which is a sampling with some citations covering multiple related topics, that further refute the Scripture Alone myth:

· Scripture is incomplete. - Mk 4:24; Jn 16:12-15; 20:30-31; 21:25; Acts 14:21; Rom 10:17-18; 2 Jn 1:12
    · Teach orally; In the Gospels, Jesus did not tell His Apostles to write anything down. – Mt 28:19-20; Mk 4:24; Lk 8:21, 9:2-3, 10:16,11:28; Jn 5:25; Acts 14:21; 1 Cor 2:10-13; 2 Cor 2:17; 2 Thes 2:5, 3:6; 2 Tm 2:2, 4:1-4; 1 Jn 2:22-24; 2 Jn 1:12; 3 Jn 1:12-14
    · After Jesus’ Ascension, the Holy Spirit sent to enlighten the Apostles, the first bishops of the Catholic Church, and their successor bishops with additional teachings. NB: not upon the church at large. – Jl 2:28-29; Jn 14:17, 26; 15:26; 16:12-15; Acts 2:17-18; 1 Cor 2:10-13; 1 Jn 2:20
    · Apostolic succession (the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit did not end with the last Apostle, St. John.). - Mt 16:13-19; Acts 1:20, 23-26; 2 Tm 1:6
    · Faith comes by hearing. - Mk 4:24; Lk 8:21, 10:16; 11:28; Jn 5:25, 10:16, 27; Rom 10:17-18; 2 Tm 2:2, 4:1-4; 1 Jn 4:6
    · Hold fast to tradition by word of mouth or by letter. – Mk 7:6-7; 1 Cor 14:33; 2 Thes 2:15, 3:6; 2 Tm 1:13; 1 Jn 2:22-24
    · The first Pope, St. Peter, was given the authority to bind and loose on Earth. - Mt 16:15-19
    · The Catholic Church is the pilar and bulwark of Faith, not the Holy Bible. - Mt 15:8-9; Mk 7:6-7; Jn 10:1; 1 Cor 3:11; 1 Tm 3:15
    · Jesus said to obey the Church, the establishment of which preceded the Holy Bible. - Mt 18:15-18
    · We are called to unity of Faith. - Ps 127:1; Mt 15:8-9, 16:15-19; Mk 7:6-7; Jn 10:1; Cor 1:10-13, 3:11; 10:16-17, 14:32-33; Eph 4:1-16; Phil 1:27; 2 Thes 2:12; 1 Tm 4:1-3; 2 Pt 2:1-22; 1Jn 4:6

The citations delineated earlier in which God warned not to add to or take away from His Word, indicate that we are not to change the meaning of His Word (emphasis added). There can be no other explanation that reconciles the one topic with few citations of not adding to or taking away from His Word with the many citations covering several related topics indicating that there is more to the Faith than Holy Scripture, only.

Eisegetes who profess the Scripture Alone myth, make no attempt to explain the many citations within Holy Scripture that contradict their myth, but simply ignore such inconvenient truths. Is this not taking away from the Word of God?

“I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: preach the word, be urgent in season and out of season, convince, rebuke, and exhort, be unfailing in patience and in teaching. For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander into myths.” (2 Tim 4:1-4) (cf. 2 Pt 2:1-22)

Once again, Jesus and the Apostles taught from the Septuagint (Old Testament), which included the 7 Deuterocanonicals that Luther deleted, illicitly. If the 7 books that Luther deleted were not inspired by God, would Jesus have used them to teach? We emphasize, “Would Jesus drink from a poisoned cup?” Lastly, there are places within the New Testament that refer to the 7 books deleted by Luther.

Faith Alone

‘Faith Alone’ is another false concept fabricated by Luther. He even admitted boldly to adding the word ‘alone’ to Romans 3:28. The correct citation reads:

“For we hold that a man is justified by faith apart from works of law.” (Rom 3:2

Luther’s creation: “For we hold that a man is justified by faith [alone] apart from works of law.”

Luther did this in spite of the Scriptural admonitions against adding to or taking away from the Word of God. (We have to ask, “Martin, what happened to Scripture Alone?”)

"Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, lest he rebuke you, and you be found a liar." (Prv 30:5-6) (See also, Dt 4:2, Gal. 1:8, 2 Pt 3:15-16, Rv. 22: 18-19).

Once again, Luther wanted license to sin at will without consequence. He taught: “…Be a sinner and sin boldly, but believe and rejoice in Christ even more boldly.... as long as we are here [in this world] we have to sin.... No sin will separate us from the Lamb, even though we commit fornication and murder a thousand times a day."

The Morals of Luther
    www.catholicculture.org/culture/library/most/getwork.cfm?worknum=115

Eisegesis is a fool’s game.

Upon his death bed, Luther had a change of heart. It is a historical fact that at such time, Luther called for a Catholic priest to hear his confession. (What does that tell you?). He was denied the sacrament of Reconciliation, as he had been excommunicated from the Mystical Body of Christ, the Church.

As discussed herein, we are justified in the Faith at Baptism, but must work out our salvation thereafter in our works (keeping the commandments, etc.)

Jesus said, "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.” (Mt 7:21)

"…So also faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead…You believe that God is one. You do well. Even the demons believe that and tremble. Do you want proof, you ignoramus, that faith without works is useless? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered his son Isaac upon the altar? You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by the works…" (NAB, Jas 2:14-26)

[NB: It is worthy of emphasis that in the passage above, St. James is telling us that believing alone that Jesus Christ is the Son of God is insufficient. The demons of Hell KNOW that Jesus is the Son of God, and still they burn.]

"So then, my beloved, obedient as you have always been, not only when I am present but all the more now when I am absent, work out your salvation with fear and trembling. For God is the one who, for his good purpose, works in you both to desire and to work." (NAB, Phil 2:12-13)

"…I know your works; I know that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either cold or hot. So, because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth…" (NAB, Rv 3:15-16).

And by this we may be sure that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He who says “I know him” but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him; but whoever keeps his word, in him truly love for God is perfected. By this we may be sure that we are in him: he who says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.” (1 Jn 2:3-6)

“… strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying that through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God.” (Acts 14:22)

Footnotes:

(1) Martin Luther, Sermon for the Sunday after Christ’s Ascension; John 15:26-16:4 (2nd sermon), page 265, paragraph 28, 1522.
    www.trinitylutheranms.org/MartinLuther/MLSermons/John15_26_2nd.html

(2) The Morals of Luther
    , Fr, William J. Most, Catholic Culture
    www.catholicculture.org/culture/library/most/getwork.cfm?worknum=115

"At that time there shall arise Michael, the great prince, guardian of your people; It shall be a time unsurpassed in distress since nations began until that time." (Dn 12:1)

www.call2holiness.org/iniquity.htm

I propose a cage match between the heresies of popedom vs the heresies of Lutherism! According to Scripture, BOTH are APOSTATES!
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

CORRECTION: I typed "The Catholic Church is the 'pillar and bulwark of Faith'

I should be "The Catholic Church is the pillar and bulwark of Truth." 1 Tm 3:15
    "At that time there shall arise Michael, the great prince, guardian of your people; It shall be a time unsurpassed in distress since nations began until that time." (Dn 12:1)

Quote Originally Posted by The Cub View Post
    CORRECTION: I typed "The Catholic Church is the 'pillar and bulwark of Faith'

I should be "The Catholic Church is the pillar and bulwark of Truth." 1 Tm 3:15
    Apologies in advance....I hope you own a 12 GA....
    You'll need it
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Now, that's a well thought out detailed apologetic response.

Like I said, only emotion.

Am I your enemy because I tell the truth. Gal 4:16

There is an error of logic in the lead post: "...saying not to add to or take away from His Word (including that which is written in Holy Scripture and that of Tradition and the teachings of the Church)."

YahuahShua condemned the traditions of the elders that make the Perfect Word of Yahuah of none effect on Earth. On top of that "Holy Scripture" has been adulterated and the traditions of the Church such as falsely accusing, torturing and murdering millions of Christians in Europe further negate the value of the lead post.

Whatever faults Martin Luther had are minor in comparison with the criminal nature of Edomite controlled church of Rome.

Furthermore the apostle Peter was not appointed by YahShua to be a pope or top man of a church. The rock is symbolic for the statement, "flesh and blood hath not revealed unto thee but by My Father..." That is the basis for keys to the Kingdom of Heaven and binding on Earth & in Heaven.
    As for churches, Yahshua stated their serious problems in Revelation such as 7 churches beginning in chapter 1:11.

In a way, the Roman church under Edom made a correct statement when they labelled their opposition as "protest ants", because the protest ants became little Romes themselves.

The lead post by Cub did include a very good part:
    ""…So also faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead…You believe that God is one. You do well. Even the demons believe that and tremble. Do you want proof, you ignoramus, that faith without works is useless? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered his son Isaac upon the altar? You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by the works…" (NAB, Jas 2:14-26)

[NB: ...James is telling us that believing alone that Jesus Christ is the Son of God is insufficient. The demons of Hell KNOW that Jesus is the Son of God, and still they burn.]

"So then, my beloved, obedient as you have always been, not only when I am present but all the more now when I am absent, work out your salvation with fear and trembling. For God is the one who, for his good purpose, works in you both to desire and to work." (NAB, Phil 2:12-13)" too bad He messed it up by using Jesus and God.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan88 View Post
    Whatever faults Martin Luther had are minor in comparison
    While he may not sprinkle babies or pray to dead people, he still proved he was a harlot daughter of Rome. Rome as mama, protestants as daughters, still under her sway. WHY the 'reformation' failed:

The Council of Trent was called. Its many sessions were held over nearly 19 years. The fatal blow was struck over the Protestant principle claim of sola Scriptura. Gaspar del Fosso, the archbishop of Reggio, presented an argument that completely devastated the Protestants and won the battle for tradition over Scripture.

Listen to mama whore -

"The Protestants CLAIM to stand upon the written word only. They PROFESS to hold the Scripture alone as the standard of faith. They justify their revolt by the plea that the church has apostatized from the written word of God and follows tradition. Their profession of holding the Scripture alone as the standard of faith, IS FALSE. Proof: The written word explicitly enjoins the observance of the seventh day as the Sabbath. They do not observe the seventh day, but reject it. If they do truly hold to Scripture alone as their standard, they would be observing the seventh day as is enjoined in the Scripture throughout. Yet they not only reject the observance of the Sabbath, but THEY HAVE ADOPTED and do practice the observance of Sunday, for which they have ONLY THE TRADITION of the Church. Consequently the claim of Scripture alone as the standard,' fails; and the doctrine of ‘Scripture and tradition' as essential, is fully established, the PROTESTANTS THEMSELVES being the judges."
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

That mama takes after her daddy....just as deceiving...crafty as a snake.

American churches mostly use Bible with important books removed for example, Susanna & Daniel, Wisdom of Solomon and others.

Don't know why they consider themselves to be protest ants, when they themselves are daughters of Edom in Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan88 View Post
    American churches mostly use Bible with important books removed for example, Susanna & Daniel, Wisdom of Solomon and others.

Don't know why they consider themselves to be protest ants, when they themselves are daughters of Edom in Rome.

The Holy Bible is a Catholic book. The Catholic Church canonized the Old Testament, and the Catholic Church wrote the New Testament, for the purpose of teaching during the Liturgy of the Word part of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.

The complete Holy Bible (except certain historical accounts and those parts of the Old Testament rendered moot by Jesus cf. Mt 5:17-19) is read and studied on a 3-year cycle at Sunday Mass.

Refer to:

How Do We Know that Holy Scripture is Truly the Word of God?
    http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...43#post2863943