Thread: Monkey Business - Interpolation Of Scripture

Default Monkey Business - Interpolation Of Scripture

Interpolation is defined as “the act of introducing or inserting anything, especially that which is spurious or foreign.” I suppose claiming to quote Isaiah and then replacing his words with random text fits the bill. We know we have some wild ‘translations’, but stuff like this is just maddening. Most that are studied probably know this already, but to those not well versed, especially in the so-called “old testament”, this probably slips right on by. Aside from the other odd wording used, let’s look at the meat of this particular topic:

“A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory. >And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.<” Mat 12:20-21

Yeah, you see what they did. Here are the actual words of Isaiah:

“He does not become weak or crushed, until He has established right-ruling in the earth. >AND THE COASTLANDS WAIT FOR HIS TORAH.<” Isa 42:4

That’s some real monkey business right there. As a curiosity, I was wondering how the christian go-to expositors (wolves) handled it. I found that most ignored it completely! A couple of their big names did address it - and tried to just act as if it was a trifle matter; of no real concern whatsoever -

“The passage, here cited, is SOMEWHAT DIFFERENT in Isaiah: for there it is, "and the isles shall wait for his law"; but the difference, at least, in sense, is NOT SO GREAT AS IT MAY APPEAR...” -Gill’s

“The Hebrew in Isaiah is, “And the isles shall wait for his law.” THE IDEA, however, IS THE SAME.” -Barnes

EXCUSE ME? A few verses later Isaiah records :“Yahuah is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the Torah, and make it honorable.” Isa 42:21

Earlier in the book, Isaiah said “To the Torah and to the witness! If they do not speak according to this Word, it is because they have no light within” Isa 8:20

A trifle matter? Just brush off Torah specific prophesy? I suspect they want to keep Torah out of the “NT” as much as possible. After all, dealing with Messiah’s own words is hard enough - His “Every Word out of the mouth of YHUH” (Matt 4:4), His Torah “till heaven and earth pass away” (Matt 5:1 8. The “All Scripture” mention (2Tim 3:16), “the carnal mind opposes Torah” (Rom 8:7), “doers of Torah will be justified” (Rom 2:13), “shall we continue in sin” question (Rom 6:1-2), “sin is transgression of Torah” (1Jn 3:4), “we establish Torah” (Rom 3:31) “those who say they know Him but refuse to keep the commandments are liars” (1Jn 2:4), to “forsake Moses” IS apostasy defined (Acts 21:21) etc. etc etc. Let’s face it, keeping folks deceived takes some real effort!

Pity those stuck in Romish churchianity, the wolves are eating them alive, rather than being fed truth. If sitting down on His commanded Sabbath, eating actual food, or forsaking pagan festivals is too restrictive for them, they’re not fit for the coming Kingdom anyways. They are not taught of the debt owed, the obligation to walk as Messiah set example (1Jn 2:6), a walk not possible without Torah.

“But salvation is a free gift, we are free in jesus”. The free gift comes from repentance. Repentance is needed for sin (Acts 3:19), sin is transgression of Torah 1Jn 3:4). Messiah took our Torah breaking upon Himself, freeing us from the law of sin and death (Rom 8:2). To continue in Torah transgression? Yah forbid! (Rom 6:1-2). Does it truly make sense to continue in the same sins Messiah had to die for? Would that not be a mockery of His pain and suffering??

“While they promise them freedom, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. FOR IF after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Master and the Savior Yahusha Ha’Mashiach, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is WORSE with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn back from the set-apart commandments delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.” 2Pe 2:19-22

“Here is the patience of the qodeshiym: here are THEY THAT GUARD the commandments of YHUH, AND the faith of Yahusha.” Rev 14:12

Guarding the commands?

“Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may guard the commandments of Yahuah Elohaykem which I command you.” Deu 4:2

“And he said unto them, SET YOUR HEARTS unto all the words which I testify among you this day, which ye shall command your children to guard to do, all the words of this Torah. For it is not a vain thing for you; because IT IS YOUR LIFE...” Deu 32:46-7
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Isa 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of Yahuah’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Isa 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of Yahuah, to the house of the Elohai of Ya`aqov; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Tsiyon shall go forth the Torah, and the Word of Yahuah from Yerushalayim.

Isa 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Excellent! You are a "God -send" brother! At "men's Bible study" on Wednesday, after discussing some current events, I knew the guy who "spiritualizes" the Law, and seems to discount it, though he is a "spiritual man" and respected amongst the group), wanted to bring something from the Word. Dan. 7:15-28 is, what he brought, after the good old Lutheran brought Haggai, which he had been reading. "Consider your ways"....(Haggai 1:5, 7)....

Anyway, when he came to Dan. 7:25 "And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.", I said: "And who wanted to change times and laws?" Basically, the Catholic Church, who even changed the "time and law" of the Sabbath Day"!

According to the Karahites, (sp?) Wednesday, the day of our study was the High Holy Day of the start of the seventh month in God's calendar, so I mentioned it....the beginning of the Fall feast days. Trumpets, Atonement and Tabernacles....

Eyes glazed over...most had not studied these important "shadows", because they think they already have the "substance" (Col. 2:16-17) Giving the guy a ride home he seemed to become very frustrated as I asked him questions and let him talk...he gets so tired of people wanting to "go back' to the old testament, or to the Law!

I told him: "I'm not as advanced as he, so I just go by what Jesus said in Matt. 5:17-19." "How do you interpret what He taught?" He said he didn't know, he'd have to ask the Lord for revelation. Good, I said. let me know what He tells you, please.

To be fair, the guy thinks walking in the spirit, means he doesn't need to concern himself with the words and commands of God. He thinks he's free to walk as the Spirit directs, and he does do very many good works for others, being very gentle with many. Even though he seems to disagree with God's commandments, or thinks they are not necessary to abide by, nor "GUARD".

He texted me later, though, saying he's .."sorry, sometimes I come on too strong"? I frustrate him, because he says I'm the only one who thinks the way I do about the importance of God's Word, the scriptures. Crazy, eh?

At times, in the past, I have thought, maybe he's being used to sow discord, but I know him to be sincere in his deception, so, I'd like to help him see. Though, he, obviously, is motivated by the same desire for me, as he thinks I'm the one deceived. Any ideas?

Eze 36:26 “And I shall give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you. And I shall take the heart of stone out of your flesh, and I shall give you a heart of flesh,
    Eze 36:27 and put My Spirit within you.a And I shall cause you to walk in My laws and guard My right-rulings and shall do them.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Anyway, when he came to Dan. 7:25 "And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.", I said: "And who wanted to change times and laws?" Basically, the Catholic Church, who even changed the "time and law" of the Sabbath Day"!
    This is a HUGE deal. Sabbath is a sign that YHUH is sanctifying us. Once that hurdle is accomplished, changes will occur in anyone's life and their eyes will begin to open.

I knew the guy who "spiritualizes" the Law
    I know Someone like that too.

Isa 42:21 Yahuah is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the Torah, and make it honorable.

Mat 5:27 “...‘You shall not commit adultery.’ Exo_20:14, Deu_5:18.

Mat 5:28 “But I say to you that everyone looking at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    Eze 36:26 “And I shall give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you. And I shall take the heart of stone out of your flesh, and I shall give you a heart of flesh,
    Eze 36:27 and put My Spirit within you.a And I shall cause you to walk in My laws and guard My right-rulings and shall do them.
    Confirmation! Two days ago, God opened my copy of the scriptures to Ez. 36! He will cause us....to will....to walk...to do of His GOOD purpose! Thus, we give Him ALL the glory! I thank Him deeply for beginning to open my eyes, and continuing His work within me!...and I believe He will carry it on to completion....Marvelous Father we have! Let us act as we see Him act and think as we see Him think!...Guarding His instructions along the way! Thanks for your encouragement, Brother!

Confirmation!
    Amazing how "That" works!