Thread: The North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO) forecast model has broken scale.

Post The North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO) forecast model has broken scale.

The North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO) forecast model has broken scale. Something big is brewing above Greenland.
    As visualized below, the European NOA forecast model has plunged deep into negative territory–which is indicative of negative high pressure building over the North Atlantic and Greenland.

Strong negative NOA anomalies are rare, with the last seen in 2010 (I recall the associated record-breaking winter in Europe that season); but such a strong anomaly, as that which we’re seeing this year, is believed to be unprecedented.
    In the ‘real world’, a negative NAO (aka Greenland blocking — see images below) wildly increases the chances of polar conditions funneling over the European continent (particularly Northern/Western nations) as cold northern air gets diverted south.
    Similarly, the Eastern provinces/states of Canada/the U.S. are also more likely to endure Arctic Outbreaks during this setup.

Latest imagery of the Greenland high (looking out to Dec 9, 2022).

Flicking through the weather books, I am not aware of a past northern blocking episode that has shown quite this level of intensity — they will surely have to rewrite the books after this one, as well as the charts, and all.
    I am also unaware of such a major event not resulting in an outbreak of severe cold.
    Also, and as recently discussed here, blocking highs have been found to be more prevalent during periods of prolonged solar decline–and so are to be expected during the Grand Solar Minimum cycle that we’re likely currently slipping into.

GFS Total Snowfall (cm) Dec 5 – Dec 14 [tropicaltidbits.com].

A freezing winter, as we’ve discussed many times before, is the last thing Europe wants right now. The continent’s intensifying and entirely self-inflicted energy crisis is putting the lives of millions upon millions of people at risk — this is not hyperbole.

I’ll finish with a brief word on the Greenland ice sheet — and that word is ‘icy’:

I don’t know what more is required for the climate alarmists to accept that they’ve been hoodwinked, that what they’re pushing for is not ‘justice for the planet’ but rather ‘destruction of humanity’ via their insistence on crippling energy restrictions and a controlled demolition global food production.
    If you believe in ‘global heating,’ ‘climate catastrophe,’ ‘terrifying Terra-Firma broiling’ –or whatever the hell you want to label it– then you are part of a grandiose political scam. You are doing unmeasurable harm to society and to our modern civilization. And although you may think you’re Earth’s savior (because that’s how they get you), remember that “the road to hell is paved with good intentions” and that all the do-gooders in the world are really just troublemakers indiscriminately seeking a purpose.
    As the story goes, “kindly let me help you or you’ll drown, said the monkey putting the fish safely up a tree.”
    If you aren’t privy to the facts, or worse still, are willfully blind to them, then this is the danger. The virtuous think they know what is best for EVERYBODY, but their belief is based solely on their own narrow viewpoint. This is isn’t virtuousness, this is a destructive rampage, and one orchestrated from on high.
    If you believe in AGW –which is just one modern example– and push for extreme planet-reshaping policies then you are nothing more than a destructive sheep, a useful idiot, and you need to stop enforcing what you think –or rather, what you have been led to think– is best on everybody else.
    Modern science is an indulgence, largely; rarely is it correct, and rarer still should it be used as a tool to scare the masses into such powerfully dangerous measures.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire.

140 Frosts Registered In Vale Do Caminhos, Brazil This Year-A New Record; "Off The Scale" Greenland Blocking Suggests Arctic Freeze For Europe/Eastern North America; + Polar Bear Numbers At Highest Level In Six Decades - Electroverse
    John 14:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

A very wavy circumpolar Jet Stream is widely believed to be associated with a decreasing polar temperature gradient and AGW.

Big Thanks to Spike n Ree's Important Words and Warning. Most people are too stupid and deluded to comprehend.