Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did the pope declare Lucifer as God?

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Default Did the pope declare Lucifer as God?

Has anyone else seen this video? A little over 3 minutes, it shows a ceremony in which the pope installed a couple of saints, and the guy singing in Latin basically says Lucifer is God....

IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

I can't watch the video, grower, but am very interested in hearing what others have to say. Thanks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exsultet

Lucifer can be a confusing word in Latin, particularly in poetry. It predates Christianity and was a title for Venus, the morning star.

It appears that they have capitalized it here as a proper name, when other sources don't present it that way.

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Yes he did......no shocker.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by dissimulo View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exsultet

Lucifer can be a confusing word in Latin, particularly in poetry. It predates Christianity and was a title for Venus, the morning star.

It appears that they have capitalized it here as a proper name, when other sources don't present it that way.
    If you understand what the man is singing in Latin, he is clearly speaking of God, not "Venus."
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Yeah, that wasn't my point. My point was that he isn't talking about Lucifer as a proper name, but appears to be conferring that honorific "morning star" on Jesus. The Wiki link gives a translation that I assume is more mainstream.

I still can't watch the video for some reason. I trust what grower and breezy have said, though. It's not surprising in the least, once you realize this pope's true goals.

I too am video deprived but not so Scripturaly:
    Rev. 22,16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
    Venus is the planet called the morning star as well as the evening star depending on the season. Please note my reference to it from 2Peter in my graphic below.
    2Tim. 3:1 ¶ But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.
    2Tim. 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires;
    2Tim. 4:4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths.

Isaiah 14:12, "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

The word or term as we all dread, "Lucifer, " was not a name or term known to Isaiah. Argonaut hit it on the head, as well as some others. The Cantor by NO means was invoking satan, the devil or a latent term, lucifer.

There HAVE been bad Popes, in fact, the Holy Church FREELY states that there are Popes that are certain to burn in hell, but even so, as Jesus foretold and promised, the VERY gates of hell WILL NOT prevail against his Church. There are PLENTY of Cardinals, Dr.s of the Church, Nuns, and assorted Religious in that Basilica, at this moment, who KNOW their Latin, KNOW their Liturgy, and KNOW their roles in the magestirium. There are also a good number of the same that based on these roles, are also FAR more Conservative than is Francis. If you REALLY think that everyone in that Mass who would hear "lucifer," as in satan be invoked and stand by and do nothing? I can promise you that the Mass would come to an ugly end right then and there. That is ONE of several roles that they're empowered to do, while they can't fire a Pope, they can and will, stand against an activist Pope that either reverses a ruling outright of another Pope, or intends to act in ANY manner that is not defensible in Holy Scriptures as well as the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

We all read in the media of all of these crazy changes that Francis is always about to do, to come into alignment with mainline Protestantism, and we just shrug and SMILE! because he CAN'T if he EVEN wanted to! "YES," he much like a King on a chess board, can move ONE square, in ANY direction, he is also limited, in that he can ONLY move ONE square, on the chess board, and he's done.

I respect my Pope as a kind loving advocate of the poor, a voice for those unheard, EVEN those not of his flock, EVEN muslims whom are in peril somewhere in this world, those going to bed hungry, the homeless and those locked away and forgotten. This you WILL find to be an absolute of ALL Popes at least in this modern age, he might not yell and scream, he advocates for no politician of party, to the effect of being in mortal fear of these people.

When you look at video of him walking into address congress, you can SEE the fear in his eyes, OF COURSE he smells the devil in that room, votes are cast that end lives in that snake pit and he's keenly aware of the same.

With that, yinz can throw your bricks and the Ol' Capt. don't care one bit, but you AIN'T going to see gay weddings, easy divorces, abortions allowed or any of the other stuff that is held up as virtuous by "alleged," congregations like say, the episcopal Church, no matter WHAT you read on the conspiracy websites, he CAN'T "change," that even if he wanted to, watch and see. This is not the same as allowing for a faster track to forgiveness for civil divorces, they STILL require confession, as it always has been.

So again, you can STILL read all of those jack chick tracts you found on the bench at the welfare office, or listen to the hopes and dreams of the lgbt people, it ain't going to change, and NO lucifer ain't sitting in St, Peters chair.

"You Can't MAKE this stuff up."

They cast their silver into the streets, and their gold is like an unclean thing. Their silver and gold are not able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord. They cannot satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs with it. For it was the stumbling block of their iniquity.
    Ezekiel 7:19