Thread: "Making a list and checking it twice..."

Default "Making a list and checking it twice..."

“But why do you call Me ‘Master, Master,’ and do not do what I say? Luk 6:46

The verses in Scripture of those in dire desperation crying out “Master, Master” (“Lord, Lord” in most translations) in that day are in quite a pickle. They never saw it coming, struck down when it mattered the most, blindsided by their untimely rejection. That’s a serious matter. What could be more serious? Certainly brings to mind this warning to all of us -

“Wherefore let him that thinks he stands TAKE HEED lest he fall.” 1Co 10:12

The context for the above warning is regarding the examples recorded for us of the misdeeds that befell those in the wilderness journey. We are further told ”...they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Mashiach” 1Co 10:4. “For indeed the Good News (“gospel”) was brought to us as well as to them...” Heb 4:2 The very same “Yahusha Ha’Mashiach the same yesterday, and today, and forever” Heb 13:8. Further details include -

“This is he who was in the ekklesia (“church” most translations) in the wilderness with the Messenger who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers, who received the living Words to GIVE TO US, unto whom our fathers WOULD NOT become obedient, but THRUST AWAY...” Act 7:38,39

So we have the - Unchanging Messiah, The Good News, An Ekklesia, and The Living Words from Sinai in that journey. Are those on your checklist? Words given to US from Sinai but THRUST AWAY. Have folks come full circle? Have you embraced the words from Sinai or thrust them away, imitating their mistake? Hopefully you are not in the “nailed to the cross” crowd! It was a bad trip for so many in those days, it’s also gonna be a “bad trip” forewarned of for so many in the coming day.

Got Torah?
    “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Master, Master,’ shall enter into the reign of the heavens, but he who is doing the desire of My Father in the heavens. “Many shall say to Me in that day, ‘Master, Master, have we not prophesied in Your Name, and cast out demons in Your Name, and done many mighty works in Your Name?’ “And then I shall declare to them, ‘I NEVER KNEW YOU, depart from Me, you who work lawlessness!’” Mat 7:21-23

Got oil?
    “And later the other maidens also came, saying, ‘Master, Master, open up for us!’ “But he answering, said, ‘Truly, I say to you, I DON’T KNOW YOU.’ Mat 25:11,12

Got righteousness?
    “When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ‘Master, Master, open for us,’ and He shall answer and say to you, ‘I DON’T KNOW YOU, where you are from,’ Luk 13:25

You think He will give you a pass for the sin of Sabbath breaking? The sin of eating abomination? The sin of idolatry by pulling a tree out of the forest and crawling on your knees before it to service it with gifts during solstice? Sure, you can certainly “roll the dice” on those matters, but being forewarned leaves one with no excuse. For our house, we know that YHUH doesn’t change, nor does Messiah. You can!

Sin is defined as transgression of Torah (1Jn 3:4). Messiah said Torah was in full effect until heaven and earth pass away (Matt 5:18 ). Will you find these facts to be true before it’s too late? Anything less and you may find yourself in the “Lord, Lord” crowd.

At least now you won’t be blindsided.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

"Test yourselves to see IF you are in the faith; examine yourselves! 2 Cor. 13:5a

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    "Test yourselves to see IF you are in the faith; examine yourselves! 2 Cor. 13:5a
    When this was written, there was no 'new testament' letters. Uh-oh.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.