Thread: Who shall be able to stand?

Default Who shall be able to stand?

“For the great day of his wrath is come; and WHO SHALL BE ABLE TO STAND?” Rev 6:17 Who’s been fishin’ and who’s been cuttin’ bait? On that day, folks will realize Messiah wasn’t playing when He said all that stuff about “heaven and earth passing” (Matt 5:18 ), or that living by “every Word out of the mouth of YHUH” bit (Matt 4:4). Everyone will not only find out IF they can stand, but WHERE they stand. Historical Israel speaks to that very issue, may we well take note -

“Now ALL THESE THINGS happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. WHEREFORE let him that THINKS HE STANDS take heed lest he fall.” 1Co 10:11-12 “For WHATSOEVER THINGS were written aforetime WERE WRITTEN FOR OUR INSTRUCTION...” Rom 15:4

Take heed of what? What examples? All their mistakes; the core root of the problems - rebellion, refusal to heed His Torah. The very same situation as today. For a time to come, a forever and ever warning. How long is forever and ever (Ps 119:44)?

“Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a sepher, THAT IT MAY BE FOR THE TIME TO COME FOREVER AND EVER: That this is a REBELLIOUS PEOPLE, LYING CHILDREN, children that WILL NOT HEAR THE TORAH of Yahuah: Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits...” Isa 30:8-10. Compare 2Tim 4:3-4.

Formerly, YHUH was profaned among His people. Torah? Pffft. Too hard. Sabbaths? Meh. Rome’s sun-day is better. Clean and unclean? Pray over it. What’s the difference? It’s all good. Yet, we are told He doesn’t change (Mal 3:6). You wanna roll the dice and see if maybe He’s changed and gotten over all that stuff? It’s all good. Until it’s not.

“Her priests have violated my Torah, and have profaned my holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they showed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my Shabbaths, and I AM PROFANED among them.” Eze 22:26

See, He’s got this firm fixation on His Torah being PERFECT (Ps 19:7). You’d seriously wanna challenge that? Improve perfection? You wanna call it bondage, legalistic, under the law, nailed to the cross, or a strange thing (Hos 8:11)? And yet, THIS is His coming Kingdom: ”...HIS WAYS, and we will walk in HIS PATHS: for out of Tsiyon shall go forth THE TORAH...” Isa 2:3 Is He wrong or are you wrong? You may wanna figure that out. Soon.

“And call upon Me in the day of distress – Let Me rescue you, and you esteem Me.” But to the wrong Elohim said, “What right have you to recite My laws, Or take My covenant in your mouth, “While you hated instruction And cast My Words behind you? Psa 50:15-17

The above sounds like the “lord, lord!” folks (Matt 7:21-23). Blindsided at the worst possible moment of their entire lives. Showing a casual disregard for His stuff gets thrown back in your face. Might wanna remember a few things before that day comes.

“But the mercy of Yahuah is from everlasting to everlasting UPON THEM that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children; TO SUCH AS guard his covenant, and TO THOSE THAT REMEMBER his commandments to do them.” Psa 103:17-18

Remember Torah (Mal 4:4)? Remember Sabbath (Ex 20:8 )? Remember to not shove pig down your neck (Lev 11:11)? You don’t want YHUH to get all forgetful on you, do you? He has a funny way of getting all reciprocal like that -

“My people are destroyed for lack of the knowledge: because you have rejected the knowledge, I will also reject you, that you shall be NO PRIEST TO ME: seeing you have FORGOTTEN THE TORAH of your Elohiym, I WILL ALSO FORGET your children.” Hos 4:6

And what about this calling “But YOU are a chosen generation, a royal PRIESThood...” 1Pe 2:9? According to Hos 4:6, that ain’t happening without knowledge of Torah. Rejected. Application incomplete, no previous experience. Kings / priests (Rev 5:10) sounds like a pretty darn good Kingdom gig if you qualify -

“And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. BUT YOU shall be named the Priests of Yahuah: men shall call you the Ministers of our Elohiym: YOU SHALL EAT the riches of the other nations, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.” Isa 61:5-6

There’s a lot on the line. Historically, the pattern has been rebellion, then judgment / tribulation that hopefully brings repentance. A great many will wash their robes during tribulation (Rev 7:14) “And those who went astray in spirit shall come to understanding, and the grumblers (rebels) accept instruction” Isa 29:24. Many won’t make it at all (Mal 4:3). It’s all up to you. Where will you stand?

Conversely, He’s got a great protection plan too, for those so prepared (Rev 3:10). A place of safety (Rev 12:14). But you have to get involved. ”Here is the endurance of the set-apart ones: here are they that guard the commandments of Elohiym, and the faith of Yahusha.” Rev 14:12

It’s time to jump in. It’s currently “Torah-lite” time. No temple, no sacrifices, no Levitical priesthood, not in the land, etc. Check out these famous parents. In the land, temple service, in the priesthood - FULL Torah - BLAMELESS in their walk!

“There was in the days of Herod, the king of Yahud, a certain priest named Zakaryahu, of the course of Aviyahu: and his woman was of the daughters of Aharon, and her name was Eliysheva. And they were both righteous before Elohiym, walking in ALL the commandments and ordinances of Yahuah blameless”. Luk 1:5-6

You absolutely will not get a better opportunity than right now. You can stand on that.

Hodu l’YHUH! Have a great Sabbath!
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

This whole writing is very, very good! I'm just going to comment on this, though: "“Now ALL THESE THINGS happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. WHEREFORE let him that THINKS HE STANDS take heed lest he fall.” 1Co 10:11-12 “For WHATSOEVER THINGS were written aforetime WERE WRITTEN FOR OUR INSTRUCTION...” Rom 15:4

Take heed of what? What examples? All their mistakes; the core root of the problems - rebellion, refusal to heed His Torah. The very same situation as today. For a time to come, a forever and ever warning. How long is forever and ever (Ps 119:44)?"

Psalm 119:45-48 continues: "And I will walk at liberty; for I seek Thy precepts. I will speak of Thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed. And I will delight myself in Thy commandments, which I have loved. My hands also will I lift up unto Thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in Thy statutes."

Thanks to God for your Zeal, Brother, with knowledge!

The preceeding posts are very good. I can comprehend the 10 Commandments, and the
    Weightier Matters of the Law, Truth, Mercy and Faith; incest laws, homosexual laws, race law, but all those feasts are so confusing, based on the barley crop in Egypt, and a Moon often covered with clouds around that time, and everyone disagreeing on what Moon, whether a cresent or a full one both hard to tell from the one next to it in time; And feasts on some special animal and on and on it goes, including camping out in freezing weather.

None of us knows as we ought, yet, Ivan. But, we press on to understand and try to find wisdom. Through the search we can learn lots about ourselves and our Father...so, don't give up! The feasts are important because we all must experience them. We experience Passover/Unleavened Bread when we are justified by the blood of the Lamb, for our justification...and we come out of Egypt, but we're not to the promised land yet. Going through the baptism of the Red Sea, we then head to learn God's Law given at "Pentecost", the Feast of weeks/sevens..for our sanctification...then on to Tabernacles for our glorification. Peace in believing.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    we press on to understand
    Every day!
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    It’s time to jump in. It’s currently “Torah-lite” time. No temple, no sacrifices, no Levitical priesthood, not in the land, etc.
    Why is that?
    "In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Why is that?
    Luk 19:41 And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
    Luk 19:42 Saying, If you had known, even you, at least in this your day, the things which belong unto your peace! but now they are hid from your eyes.
    Luk 19:43 For the days shall come upon you, that your enemies shall cast a trench about you, and compass you round, and keep you in on every side,
    Luk 19:44 And shall lay you even with the ground, and your children within you; and they shall not leave in you one stone upon another; because you knew not the time of your visitation.
    Luk 19:45 And he went into the Temple, and began to cast out את them that sold therein, and them that bought;
    Luk 19:46 Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Mat 23:37 O Yerushalayim, Yerushalayim, you that kill the prophets, and stone them את which are sent unto you, how often would I have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathers her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
    Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
    Mat 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that comes in the name of Yahuah.