Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Under the law"? NO! It's supposed to be in our hearts!

Default "Under the law"? NO! It's supposed to be in our hearts!

“WOE to the rebellious children, says Yahuah, that take counsel, but not of me; and that weave a web, but NOT OF MY Spirit, that they may ADD SIN TO SIN...” Isa 30:1

“Under the law”. It’s absolutely amazing how those three words can be so misunderstood and have such a devastating effect. It’s just another diabolical attempt to allow sin to be acceptable. It’s become a catch phrase for those who detest certain commandments, usually as a card played against Sabbath or dietary restrictions. That becomes obvious when you ask the ‘card shark’ if it’s now OK to lie, murder, commit adultery, steal, etc. No, they would say, of course not. Then they go back “under the law” by THEIR very own definition. Funny how that works, eh? They flip-flop more than a banked trout. It’s the ‘natural laws’ trap that catches them. More on that in a minute.

“Under the law” is the state of all mankind before Messiah’s atoning death in our stead. We were ‘under the law’ of sin and death (Rom 8:2), the wages of sin (Rom 6:23). That was the curse of the law (Gal 3:13); you sin, you die. It has NOTHING to do with how sin is defined (1Jn 3:4).

“For sin does not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the Law, but under grace. What then? SHALL WE SIN, because we are not under the Law, but under grace? NEVER.” Rom 6:14-15. Sin is still defined as transgression of Torah.

Even unregenerate mankind has instinctive, natural laws, as mentioned earlier. It denotes that state of mankind which is WITHOUT the revealed will of YHUH, our former state. You don’t have to repent and be filled with His Spirit for this type of innate, moral basics. It’s a given to know murder, stealing, lying, etc is wrong.

“For when the other nations (gentiles-heathen), which HAVE NOT the Torah, DO BY NATURE things contained in the Torah, these, HAVING NOT THE Torah, are a TORAH UNTO THEMSELVES...” Rom 2:14

Isn’t it striking how the ‘card sharks’ have the SAME similarities as the unregenerate, “a law unto themselves...”? A ‘natural laws, natural man’ counterfeit spirit also? “Natural law” is void in understanding of Sabbaths, Feast days, what is clean to eat, how to walk as Messiah, or how YHUH desires to be worshiped, etc. Odd coincidences?

“But the NATURAL MAN RECEIVES NOT THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT of Elohiym: for they are FOOLISHNESS unto him: neither can he know them, because they are SPIRITually discerned.” 1Co 2:14

We certainly cannot have one spirit that rejects Torah, and another Spirit that fully supports Torah. One is real, the other is fake, or simply non-existent - an imagined product of the mind. For us, let’s just focus on what we know, the True Ruach and identifying characteristics. What does YHUH say His intent is and what we would be CAUSED to do with His Indwelling Presence and a new heart? -

“And I shall give you a NEW HEART and put a NEW SPIRIT within you. And I shall take the heart of stone out of your flesh, and I shall give you a heart of flesh, and put MY SPIRIT within you. And I SHALL CAUSE YOU TO WALK in My laws and guard My right-rulings and shall do them.” Eze 36:26-27

“And WE ARE HIS WITNESSES to these matters, and SO ALSO is the Set-apart SPIRIT whom Elohim has GIVEN TO THOSE WHO OBEY Him.”Act 5:32 ”...the Torah IS Spiritual...” Rom 7:14. Explained in great detail here -

“That the righteousness of THE TORAH might be fulfilled IN US, who walk not after the flesh, but after THE SPIRIT. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because THE CARNAL MIND is enmity against Elohiym: for it IS NOT SUBJECT TO the TORAH of Elohiym, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh CANNOT please Elohiym. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, IF so be that the Spirit of Elohiym dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Mashiach, he is NOT HIS.” Rom 8:4-9

And, the ‘new covenant’ so many claim to honor is clear as well: “For this is the covenant I shall make with the house of Yisra’ěl after those days, declares יהוה: I shall put MY TORAH in their inward parts, and write it ON THEIR HEARTS. And I shall be their Elohim, and they shall be My people.” Jer 31:33. How is that hard to understand???

It doesn’t bode well for the Torah deniers. If Torah is resisted, it certainly cannot be written upon a rebellious heart, being uncircumcised (Act 7:51). Being in harmony with the True Spirit is to be walking in Torah, evidence of His inscribing it on our hearts, doing His will. Now we know exactly what this often misused verse truly means.

“But IF ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the Law.” Gal 5:18. The True Ruach of YHUH would certainly not lead one to continue in sin.

“I have sought You with ALL MY HEART; LET ME NOT STRAY from Your commands! I have treasured up Your word IN MY HEART, That I MIGHT NOT SIN against You.” Psa 119:10-11

“I delight to do YOUR WILL, O Elohai: yea, your TORAH is WITHIN MY HEART.” Psa 40:8

“Listen to Me, you WHO KNOW righteousness, a people IN WHOSE HEART IS MY TORAH: do not fear the reproach of men, nor be afraid of THEIR revilings. “For a moth EATS THEM like a garment, and a worm EATS THEM like wool; but My righteousness is forever, and My deliverance to all generations.” Isa 51:7-8

Who gets eaten??? Did I read that wrong?

Hodu l'YHUH! Have a great Sabbath!
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

"Under the law" may be one of the most misunderstood phrases in the "New Testament"! Good post! Grace teaches us to KEEP HIS LAW! (Titus 2:11?)

Who get's eaten; Is a great question.

After 70 A.D. the Edomites in Rome were angry about their comrads in Jerusalem being exterminated by Rome. They knew that the Apostle Paul had set up the Roman Army to do that and were angry at Christians no less so than Pharisees were at Christians in Palestine/Syria.

So, the Roman Edomites sent speakers and writings to Christians at market places and probably churches too, telling the Christians that it is idolatry to honor the king or emperor etc. The Christians bought into that and were soon dis-respecting the Roman officials. And, since the Edomites were well settled in the Roman establishment they could tell the Emperor, "Look at these Christians; They do not show You any respect or honor; They must be Your enemies!"
    And today we know what followed.

The Christians broke with the Apostle Paul who told them to honor the king/emperor etc. Christ taught the same. They broke with the Law and soon suffered miserable deaths as a result.

So many Christians perished around Rome that the Edomites took it over and pretended to be church officials. Ever since then, the Church of Rome has been an Edomite anti-Christ institution, just as the Edomite Pharisees pretended to be the leaders of Israel and Yehuda (Judah).

Where do you get you history?

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Where do you get your history?
    Another good question.

Since history is 'his story', we all have to be cautious with history.

What we call the Bible was originally the Story of the Creator and His servants.
    American churches and publishers have eliminated much of it as part of their plan to be more righteous than the Creator, which is why they teach that the Law of the Creator is null and void without effect today.

Knowing that Christ Himself followed the Law and condemned the Pharisees et. al. for their traditions that negate the Perfect Word, Intent and Law (Torah) it is the duty of all who love and obey Yhuh (Yahweh) to find the Truth, which is 1/3 of the "weightier matters of the Law." Matthew 23:23

What happened after 70 A.D. has been well disguised since then. I have dug and found the pieces that fit the logic of events since then. Even connecting events are covered to varying degrees. None the less the missing pieces are almost self explanatory when the whole train of events is studied carefully to eliminate various cover stories that most folks believe and facts many are unaware of.
    Despite the difficulty, clues remain and can be uncovered.
    The process starts with the King of Yehuda conquering Edom and making them converts, where upon they accepted and by the time of Christ, they had taken over the Kinship, Priesthood, Temple, Scribes, Lawyers etc.
    Once one knows that, the rest of the story can be found simply via history accounts that still remain for the most part.

That happened in, I think, about 126 B.C.? When the "Jews" forcibly converted the Edomites, their "kinsmen" through Esau, of course, being Jacob's (Israel's) twin brother, so, according to the Jewish encylopedia or Josephus, no one could tell them apart. At any rate, somebody has to fulfill the prophecies about Edom, don't they? King Herod was Idumean, (Edomite), yes?

What happened after King Ion Hyrcanus forced Edom to pretend to be of the Tribe of Yehuda?
    They took over by killing kings, and took over the kingship, temple, priest hood and proceeded to convert most/many Israelites to Talmudic thinking, which is one reason why Christ's apostles had such a hard time comprehending His words.

Today, most Christians are converted to Talmudic mentality and falsely imagining that Edomites are almost Christians, and that the Law is controlled by Edom. The USA has adopted Edom's Noahide Code that negates the Perfect Law of the Creator, except for the curses of the Law on disobedience.

"Thou shalt not abhor an Edomite; for he is thy brother: thou shalt not abhor an Egyptian; because thou wast a stranger in his land." Deuteronomy 23:7

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    "Thou shalt not abhor an Edomite; for he is thy brother: thou shalt not abhor an Egyptian; because thou wast a stranger in his land." Deuteronomy 23:7
    Good Point dmatic; since Esau is appointed to punish disobedient Israel, one should respect his punisher. Yahuah Himself said via Malachi 1:3 that He hates Edom/Esau. 1:3, and 4 Edom are 'people whom Yahua has indignation forever.

Israel had loved Edom and Malachi told Israel that Elohim Yahuah was saying a big No!

Christ killed all the Edomites in Yerusalem and therebouts from 65 A.D. to 70 A.D as He promised; And He intends to do so again.

So it should not be shocking that He commanded to bring all those who rejected and refused that He be their King to bring them and slay them before Him.

Remember also that no lovers of or makers of lies are allowed in the New Yerusalem, yet to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan88 View Post
    ... since Esau is appointed to punish disobedient Israel,
    Got a scriptural reference for that? Thanks