Thread: National Sales Tax Proposed to Replace Income, Payroll and Estate Taxes

Default National Sales Tax Proposed to Replace Income, Payroll and Estate Taxes

Montana senator Jon Tester says he will defeat the GOP's 'awful plan' for a national sales tax

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/taxe...ax/ar-AA16zl9A

One of the first bills floated by the new House GOP majority aims to get rid of the income tax and swap in a national consumption tax instead. It's a proposal that's attracted ridicule from President Joe Biden, and is highly unlikely to ever move forward.

Senator Jon Tester, a Democrat from Montana, particularly wants to make sure it never happens.

"Montana has no sales tax and we don't need the federal government imposing one on us," Tester wrote in a Thursday tweet. "House Republicans' plan to tack a 30% national sales tax on every good from gas to groceries would skyrocket costs for Montana's working families. I will defeat this awful plan."

Under Georgia Rep. Buddy Carter's Fair Tax Act, the income tax, alongside the payroll tax and estate tax, would be replaced by a 23% consumption tax on gross payments and the IRS would be abolished.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    Montana senator Jon Tester says he will defeat the GOP's 'awful plan' for a national sales tax

One of the first bills floated by the new House GOP majority aims to get rid of the income tax and swap in a national consumption tax instead. It's a proposal that's attracted ridicule from President Joe Biden, and is highly unlikely to ever move forward.

Senator Jon Tester, a Democrat from Montana, particularly wants to make sure it never happens.

"Montana has no sales tax and we don't need the federal government imposing one on us," Tester wrote in a Thursday tweet. "House Republicans' plan to tack a 30% national sales tax on every good from gas to groceries would skyrocket costs for Montana's working families. I will defeat this awful plan."

Under Georgia Rep. Buddy Carter's Fair Tax Act, the income tax, alongside the payroll tax and estate tax, would be replaced by a 23% consumption tax on gross payments — and the IRS would be abolished.

I would love to see The Fair Tax system happen.

The Fair Tax Act would do a good job of shifting taxes from the ultra-wealthy to the middle class and the poor. The poor spend all their income. The rich do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    The Fair Tax Act would do a good job of shifting taxes from the ultra-wealthy to the middle class and the poor. The poor spend all their income. The rich do not.
    If theREAL Fair Tax is going to take place. I and many many low income folks could make money of it. They would be sent x amount even month to help PAY for the extra Saales tax. But many like myself don't buy that many things anymore to pay taxes on.I don't consume that much at all between 100 and 150 a month on food. even with added taxes it would be lower then what we are being sent each month. I pay NO electric bill, I pay NO heat bill.

I wonder how the maniac war addicts in Congress are going to define "gross payments". Will these shit heads pay a tax on their gross payments to anti-Christs and suppliers of war gizmos to the Congress gurus?

There would be no tax on savings until you spent them. I don't spend all of my income so I might pay lower taxes; being tied only on spending.

It looks like older, richer people would benefit.

Key Republicans oppose House GOP bill to abolish tax code

BY ARIS FOLLEY AND TOBIAS BURNS - 01/27/23

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/3...lish-tax-code/

They trot this old saw out every few years to give the average broken American some weird sense of hope that something, anything…..might ever change.

They’ll never get rid of IRS’ income tax and 1040 form.

They’re addicted to all those voluntary waivers of fourth and fifth amendment rights as Americans ritually spill their guts as to ALL of their personal financial information.