Thread: An Either / Or Situation. Heart Of Stone Or Flesh?

Default An Either / Or Situation. Heart Of Stone Or Flesh?

YHUH uses many beautiful, descriptive words about His Torah instructions. A few that come to mind; “perfect, pure, truth, freedom, royal, luminous, righteous, knowledge, protective, spiritual, eternal, life, wisdom, peaceful, discerning, prosperous, set-apart, just, good, warning, rewarder, sweeter than honey, much more precious than fine gold...” WHY does christianity reject that? Because it requires effort? All His stuff we are told to guard and do. Blessings for obeying (Dt 28:2), and curses for not (Dt 28:15). No wonder the curses, it’s STILL SIN to transgress His Torah (1Jn 3:4)! Neither excuse nor opinion can ever override that. Who wouldn’t want all those beautiful truths internalized?

Isn’t it STRANGE that christianity never says any of that (Hos 8:12)? I heard one of their pastors calling Sabbath observance a doctrine of demons. That’s straight up blasphemy of the Spirit (Matt 12:31). We’ve heard other terms used as their excuse to live in sin; bondage, under the law, legalism, nailed to the cross, fulfilled, done away, even a curse. Boy, some of those terms sure seem to be borderline blasphemy as well. It makes Messiah a sinning liar (Matt 5:18, Dt 4:2) in their doctrine, but even that is forgivable (Matt 12:32). The Ruach can be grieved (Eph 4:30), quenched (1The 5:19), Lied to (which brought immediate death Acts 5:3), even outraged from trampling the blood of the covenant (Heb 10:29). Let’s first consider some commentary from a couple of christian sites.

“The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not an act of ignorance, it is an act of willful defiance. You must choose to blaspheme, slander, and reject the work of the Holy Spirit.” “The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is a willful, determined opposition to the present power of the Holy Spirit.”

A willfully defiant, slanderous choice to reject and oppose the work of the Ruach. I’d have to agree. But how does that definition bode with the very covenant they claim? An even “sorer punishment” (Heb 10:29) for denying the terms? Clearly, a transference from tables of stones to tables of the heart is a miraculous endeavor of His Spirit (2Cor 3:3). Just how much of His truth, by His Spirit, can one reject and oppose before being themselves rejected? I wouldn’t want to test those waters.

“But this is THE COVENANT that I will cut with the house of Yashar’el; After those days, says Yahuah, I will put my Torah in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their Elohiym, and they shall be my people” Jer 31:33.

The same sentiment of His will expressed here, but more clearly defined as the unmistakable work of His Ruach, complete with cause and effect -

“And I shall give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you. And I shall take the heart of stone out of your flesh, and I shall give you a heart of flesh, and put My Spirit within you. And I shall CAUSE YOU TO walk in My laws and GUARD My right-rulings AND shall DO them” Eze 36:26-27. Stone or flesh, it’s either, or.

No wonder Torahlessness is called a “mystery” (2Thes 2:7). His Perfect will and intent is so very clear on the matter: “I DELIGHT to do YOUR WILL, O Elohai: YOUR TORAH is within MY HEART.” Psa 40:8. What? Did he delight in bondage? Delight in legalism? Delight in a curse? How silly it all sounds, yet folks chose to believe the lies over walking out His desire for our lives. When His Words are ignored, hearts become hardened, judgment follows -

“Yea, THEY MADE their hearts as an adamant stone (hard as diamond), lest they should hear the Torah, and the words which Yahuah Tseva’oth has sent in HIS SPIRIT by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from Yahuah Tseva’oth.” Zec 7:12
    Resisting Torah = resisting the Ruach, according to Stephen who was then promptly killed for saying such. He was speaking in the power and wisdom of the Spirit (Acts 6:10). Imagine that. A pro-Torah Ruach.

“You stiff-neckedand uncircumcised in heart and ears!You always RESIST the Set-apart Spirit, as your fathers did, you also do” Acts 7:51 Continuing in v53: “who received the Torah as it was ordained by messengers, but DID NOT GUARD over it”.

“And THE ONE GUARDING His commands stays in Him, and He in him. And BY THIS WE KNOW that He stays in us, BY THE SPIRIT which He gave us” 1Jn 3:24. Dt 4:2 explains what it means to GUARD His Words. No adding, no taking away.

“And we are His witnesses to these matters, and SO ALSO is the Set-apart Spirit whom Elohim has given TO THOSE WHO OBEY Him” Act 5:32. His Ruach was poured out on the festival of Shavuot (Acts 2). That didn’t happen without Lev 23. There was no new “church” born that day. Those folks were there that day because they were simply obeying His Words - from the beginning (1Jn 2:7). The latter feasts will find fulfillment in like manner. NO Scripture will find fulfillment on the pagan days the churches celebrate, except evidence of apostasy.

Guarding His Torah is true evidence that the Ruach indwells us, no denied access to our hearts. It’s the fruit of our salvation, the free-will desire to please Him with all our heart, yielded and surrendered. Evidence of understanding what we repented from. We fully acknowledge that sin is transgression of His Torah (1Jn 3:4), and we are to cease from sin (Rom 6:1-2). “He who has an ear, let him HEAR WHAT THE SPIRIT SAYS to the assemblies” Rev 3:13 -

“BECAUSE YOU HAVE GUARDED MY WORD OF PATIENCE, I SHALL GUARD YOU from the hour of trial which shall come upon all the world, to try those who dwell on the earth. ” Rev 3:10

“HERE IS THE PATIENCE of the saints: here are THEY THAT GUARD the commandments of Elohiym, AND the faith of Yahusha” Rev 14:12

May you and yours be filled with His Ruach this Sabbath day!

Hodu l’YHUH!
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

The purpose of the Law, the Prophets,and the Psalms are to point us to faith in Yeshua HaMashiach. (Luke 24:44) Without the Tanakh we can't understand why we need Him. So it is important to guard it.
    What will you say on judgment day?

The bankers win every war.

When growing food is outlawed I'll BE an outlaw.

So Be It! Thank you.

Off-Grid, when is The Feast of Weeks according to the calendar with the full moon being the start of months? Thanks! I can't find the thread you shared earlier about the dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah Gunn View Post
    The purpose of the Law, the Prophets,and the Psalms are to point us to faith in Yeshua HaMashiach. (Luke 24:44) Without the Tanakh we can't understand why we need Him. So it is important to guard it.
    Isa 42:21 Yahuah is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the Torah, and make it honorable.

1Jn 2:5 But whoso guards his word, in him truly is the love of Elohiym perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

1Jn 2:6 He that says he abides in him is indebted himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

1Jn 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Off-Grid, when is The Feast of Weeks according to the calendar with the full moon being the start of months? Thanks! I can't find the thread you shared earlier about the dates.
    A couple weeks ago

Deuteronomy 9 says to number 7 weeks from beginning of grain harvest.

Verse 13 says the feast of taberacles comes 7 days after the harvest of grain and grapes/wine.

The question is when do these events happen? They happen sooner in places like Egypt and Palestine, but what about Russia, Sweden, Dakota etc.?

For the Passover, the Green Barley ears of Egypt seem to apply. Maybe all 3 feasts are based on Egypt's Barley season.

Deut. 9:13 says Furthermore the LORD spoke to me, saying, I have seen this people, and behold, it is a stiff-necked people

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Deut. 9:13 says Furthermore the LORD spoke to me, saying, I have seen this people, and behold, it is a stiff-necked people
    I don't get it. Torah will be the strictly enforced law of His coming Kingdom (as it is now for those who claim Him). Is it just that people do not know that? For me, that would be hard to believe, even with a brief amount of study or Scriptural understanding. RIGHT NOW, our Kingdom standing is being developed, status determined at His coming. Least/greatest, kings/priests, bride/guests, etc. I can't imagine tossing anything that is available away in regards to temporal and eternal. Are folks OK with playing catch up, IF they are allowed entrance???

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    I don't get it. Torah will be the strictly enforced law of His coming Kingdom (as it is now for those who claim Him). Is it just that people do not know that? For me, that would be hard to believe, even with a brief amount of study or Scriptural understanding. RIGHT NOW, our Kingdom standing is being developed, status determined at His coming. Least/greatest, kings/priests, bride/guests, etc. I can't imagine tossing anything that is available away in regards to temporal and eternal. Are folks OK with playing catch up, IF they are allowed entrance???
    I'm not sure what Ivan was getting at with his mention of Deut 9, but, that's another straw. You bring up a great inquiry.

Why are people stiff-necked?

Did God make them (us) that way? Where does the nature of man come from? Why are there deceptions? Why do people believe lies as if they are the truth? Why does He open the eyes of some and blind others? He is the Potter after all, and we are the clay. Is it all based on man's will? On God's? Can a man 'choose" to come to the Son, without the Father willing it? Man's will is definitely not stronger than God's, so, that rules that one out, doesn't it?

Though, at our "mens" Bible study, I pointedly and bluntly asked a good friend if he thought his will was stronger than God's and he answered "Yes!", immediately! I busted out laughing at the absurdity!

Why is our world falling apart? Answer....because men are stiff-necked?

But, God is not willing that any should perish in this stiff-neckedness, is He? He promises that to Him will EVERY knee bow and EVERY tongue will confess allegiance to Him.

Most people do NOT believe this promise. They do not have faith in God's ability to accomplish Hius own will! It is astounding isn't it?

But, to those of us who have been given the faith of our father Abraham, we DO BELIEVE it! And that faith is a gift! Not "earned" by our wise choices, is it? I think it is a gift. It is by God's grace and it is to His glory!

You, my friend, are experiencing that gift and I am very happy for you! The others that are still blind will someday receive it too! In our Father's perfect plan and time.