Thread: Grain Burgers

Default Grain Burgers

I love this veggie burger recipe, easily adaptable. Has a nice texture, not mushy like some.

1 C brown rice, cooked
    1 C diced or shredded veggies, your choice (I love portabello mushrooms, onions and carrots...put zucchini in today just cause I had some to use up, you can be as creative as you like)
    1/3 C cornmeal
    1/3 C wheat germ
    1/3 C rolled oats
    1 egg, beaten
    1T soy sauce
    salt/pepper to taste

mix dry stuff, mix wet stuff, mix it all together. Shape into patties (using one of those burger stamper thingys works great). Fry in a little oil on low med/low heat until lightly browned on both sides. Can be frozen, but thaw a little before frying.
    Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

Will add to my recipe file -thanks. I hope to start going through my recipes and posting ones I like (problem is I rarely use measuring devices...)
    May All Be Well

Asato Ma Sad Gamaya
    Tamasi Ma Jyotir Gamaya

May we leave illusion and come to the Truth
    May we leave the darkness and come to the Light

That recipe looks fantastic! Thank you. I really would love a great alternative to the store bought meat for enjoying a good burger.

Thanks Everyone, I have copied a lot of these recipes for myself and my children and their families. Soup/Stew are to me are the most nutricious meals we can have. Especially if you don't peel all the veggies. Just a good scrubbing will do so we keep all the vitamins and minerals in the juices. Too everyone's good health, AL

Quote Originally Posted by BeWell View Post
    Will add to my recipe file -thanks. I hope to start going through my recipes and posting ones I like (problem is I rarely use measuring devices...)
    I don't either. I just go in and make it . I have been cooking so long. it is just second nature to me now.
    momof23goats

Me too - I've always loved to cook, my mother got me one of those little teeny stoves with little boxes of cake mix and pans that you could really bake. I started making my own lunch boxes in first grade and haven't looked back!

Nowadays I get really tired of fancy cooking and I'm fat enough, trying to lose weight, and have lots of other stuff to do, so pretty simple cooking. Plus simple saves money!
    May All Be Well

Asato Ma Sad Gamaya
    Tamasi Ma Jyotir Gamaya

May we leave illusion and come to the Truth
    May we leave the darkness and come to the Light

Thank you for the recipe. I'm printing it now.

I don't measure when I cook, either, unless I'm trying something new or working on a recipe that I want to share. Even then, I take a lot of liberties, both with meaurements and ingredients.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown