Thread: Would Like A Great Hummus Recipe Please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi All, Hummus made and served to a group with crackers as a dip and everyone loved it. I addapted it a bit to:

Rinse a big can of garbanzo beans in cold water til clear. put on baking sheet
    Add to baking sheet 1 cup of hazelnuts

sprinkle salt on these and bake about 10 minutes just til golden in oven at 350F.

Made an olive oil day before with 1 huge smooshed piece of garlic and quite a few sprinkles of red hot pepper flakes and let it set overnight.

Added about 2-3 tablespoons of this oil to my beans and hazelnuts into the blender.

Added juice of one lemon

Salt & pepper to taste

1/2 cup or more of hot water

Blend all together til smooth. Taste. If too dry add alternately a little more regular olive oil and a little water, keep blending. Taste again until it is the way you want it.

I didn't have parsley and bought parsley that turned out to be cilantro. I didn't put it in the mixture because I wasn't sure everyone would like that particular flavor. Anyway, it was great and people asked for the recipe. I told them it came from a mixture of what you all had given me and adapted with what I had on hand.

So, everyone, thank you for your help. Now I will make it often. Blessings upon all, AL

Re: Hummus recipe above. I forgot to put another garlic into the blender with the other mixtures and blend away. Sorry to anyone that may have copied this. AL

Hazelnuts!? Cool idea!!! I'll try that next time I make hummus.
    Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

It will be part of the appetizer stuff for Thanksgiving dinner. Thanks for everyone's help in developing this recipe that everyone loved and took home with them as well as asking for the recipe. God Bless, Al