Hi All, Hummus made and served to a group with crackers as a dip and everyone loved it. I addapted it a bit to:

Rinse a big can of garbanzo beans in cold water til clear. put on baking sheet
Add to baking sheet 1 cup of hazelnuts

sprinkle salt on these and bake about 10 minutes just til golden in oven at 350F.

Made an olive oil day before with 1 huge smooshed piece of garlic and quite a few sprinkles of red hot pepper flakes and let it set overnight.

Added about 2-3 tablespoons of this oil to my beans and hazelnuts into the blender.

Added juice of one lemon

Salt & pepper to taste

1/2 cup or more of hot water

Blend all together til smooth. Taste. If too dry add alternately a little more regular olive oil and a little water, keep blending. Taste again until it is the way you want it.

I didn't have parsley and bought parsley that turned out to be cilantro. I didn't put it in the mixture because I wasn't sure everyone would like that particular flavor. Anyway, it was great and people asked for the recipe. I told them it came from a mixture of what you all had given me and adapted with what I had on hand.

So, everyone, thank you for your help. Now I will make it often. Blessings upon all, AL