Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I Love Kale!!

Christie, my DD says her Kale seeds itself. She grows several kinds. It grows profusely all over her garden and since she is a vegetarian she allows it to grow where ever it likes too. The only kind I have seen is blueish. AL

Quote Originally Posted by Animal Lover View Post
    Christie, my DD says her Kale seeds itself. She grows several kinds. It grows profusely all over her garden and since she is a vegetarian she allows it to grow where ever it likes too. The only kind I have seen is blueish. AL
    I was just out planting Walla Walla Sweet Onions, love 'em While out there, was looking at the hundreds of Kale plants growing in the paths. I'll be moving some of them into whichever bed has the space very soon. When you garden in raised beds, best to keep them in the beds where they belong, LOL, but sure enjoy moving around my volunteers. Another self-seeder that just is another happy plant? Borage! I have a lot of them to move, too.

Quote Originally Posted by CapeCMom View Post
    Portuguese Kale soup! Yum!!!!! An absolute staple food in these parts!
    Ditto for here except I use sweet potatoes instead of regular ole potatoes!

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Quote Originally Posted by Animal Lover View Post
    Mine didn't reseed itself, wonder why? I'm using an heirloom variety, in fact I don't recall the plants developing seed heads like the mustard and rhutabega's did.
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Quote Originally Posted by CapeCMom View Post
    Portuguese Kale soup! Yum!!!!! An absolute staple food in these parts!

K whats the recipe????
    “A horse is a horse,it ain´t make a difference what color it is.” John Wayne

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office" Aesop

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Thanks
    “A horse is a horse,it ain´t make a difference what color it is.” John Wayne

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office" Aesop

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime