Thread: German Rolads

Default German Rolads

I am sure there are variations, this is what my father in law taught me:

Receipe for Rolads (German)

Chipped steak,(really thin) I use 2 pieces per roll,
    lie it flat on the cutting board
    layer it will dijon mustard,
    a slice of onion, a slice of bacon, and a dill pickle, I cut the 1/4 pickles in half
    put the slice of onion, pickle and bacon at the beginning, roll and secure with toothpick. Layer in the pressure cooker, we usually place any leftover bacon or pickle in the pot, season with 1/4 cup of the pickle juice, salt pepper,
    Once it begins to rattle maybe 20-30 mins depending on how many you have in the pot. Once we stopped it early, added potatoes and finished cooking, it was great!
    Mom of All Trades... Patent Pending

"Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead" Benjamin Franklin pen name Richard Saunders

Hi, That is almost like Polish Galumpkies (sp?) I'm sure I spelled it wrong, but my word, I haven't thought of that recipe for ages as it is made with cabbage and my hubby won't eat it. I should post a recipe for it if anyone would like it. I love them. AL

Please post the receipe. I once made gaumke, (spelling?) My SIL makes it with groundbeef inside cabbage leaves and then pours tomato soup over it, cooks all day. It was really good.
    Mom of All Trades... Patent Pending

"Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead" Benjamin Franklin pen name Richard Saunders