Thread: Cranberry relish anyone?

Default Cranberry relish anyone?

I'm looking for some good cranberry relish recipes.

Last year I tasted one that was so delicious. It had whole cranberries, pineapple, pears (I think), mandarin oranges, pecans....

I'd love to have a good recipe.
    "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready." Revelation 19:7

Default Found a recipe for cranberry salad

This recipe sounds close to what I tasted...minus the marshmallows...and it wasn't as 'jell-o-eey'...oh and the cranberries were whole I believe. What I remember was more of a relish than a Jell-O salad....but here it is...thanks to my Southern Living Cookbook:

Cranberry Salad

1 (12 oz) pkg fresh cranberries
    1 cup sugar
    1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, undrained
    1 (3 oz) pkg raspberry gelatin
    1 envelope unflavored gelatin
    1/2 cup cold water
    1 (15 oz) can mandarin oranges, undrained
    2 large celery ribs, diced
    1 medium Granny Smith apple, diced
    1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
    1 cup mini marshmallows

• Process cranberries and sugar in food processor until cranberries are coarsley chopped. Add pineapple, and pulse 3 times.
    • Sprinkle raspberry and unflavored gelatinover 1/2 cup cold water in a large saucepan; stir and let stand 1 minute.
    • Cook over low heat stirring until gelatin dissolves (about 2 minutes)
    • Stir in cranberry mixture, oranges, and next 3 ingredients. Cool to room temperature.
    • Stir in marshmallows and pour into 13X9 inch pan. Cover and chill 8 hours.
    "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready." Revelation 19:7

Talking This thread needs a mouth-watering pic!

To make mine I use 1 can of cranberry sauce,1 box of MADE strawberry jello, diced celery and chopped pecans. Mix all together the day before using... It's very good. Never tried putting in apples but I bet that would be good in it too.

I like those "make ahead of time" dishes. Thanks Deemy!

Thumbs up Cranberry Orange Relish

Recipe

1 package of fresh cranberries
    skin from one large fresh orange (I use a potato peeler for this)
    two or three orange sections
    1/2 cup sugar or more to taste

Combine cranberries, orange rind and sections in a
    food processor until desired consistency. Add sugar
    and stir.

I have the recipe that the chicken restaurant in Frankenmuth, MI uses (the waitress told me. I don't think she was supposed to)

Cranberry Relish

1 lb. fresh cranberries
    1 orange, unpeeled, cut into chunks
    1 apple, unpeeled or cored, cut into chunks
    sugar

Put all the fruit through a grinder, skin, seeds, and all. Add sugar to taste. Refrigerate.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Found this one on allrecipes.com-no pears and walnuts instead of pecans but it could give you a good starting poing to play with. There are a number of other recipes over there that look good also :)

• 2 1/2 cups cranberries
    • 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
    • 2 cups chopped, peeled tart apples
    • 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
    • 1 cup sugar
    • 1/2 cup chopped green or red grapes
    • 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1/3 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS
    1. In a food processor, combine cranberries and orange sections. Cover and process until chopped. Transfer to a bowl; add apples, pineapple, sugar, grapes, orange peel and salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Stir in walnuts just before serving.

Smile

This is my Great Grandmother's recipe. She has been making it for YEARS and it is awesome.

1 1/2 lbs Cranberries
    1 Orange
    2/3 of the Orange Peel
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    1/2-3/4 cup honey
    1/2 cup Orange Juice Concentrate

In a blender or vitamixer blend the orange, peel, cranberries, honey and OJ concentrate until roughly chopped. Do not puree. Then add the chopped walnuts. Amount of honey is determined by your sweet-tooth. It tastes great fresh and the next day it is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    I have the recipe that the chicken restaurant in Frankenmuth, MI uses (the waitress told me. I don't think she was supposed to)

Cranberry Relish

1 lb. fresh cranberries
    1 orange, unpeeled, cut into chunks
    1 apple, unpeeled or cored, cut into chunks
    sugar

Put all the fruit through a grinder, skin, seeds, and all. Add sugar to taste. Refrigerate.

I use this recipe too, except I remove the seeds, use about 3/4 to 1 cup sugar, add a few tablespoons of brandy and a handful of whole pecans. Lasts 1 week in the fridge or you can freeze it for a year or so.