Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: every kind of cookie you cant think of, then some

Oh you are very welcome! My kiddies love 'em too!
    "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready." Revelation 19:7

I'm not feeling very well. My stomach is upset. The kids are asking what happened to all of those cookies. I don't know nuthin' about 'em!
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    I'm not feeling very well. My stomach is upset. The kids are asking what happened to all of those cookies. I don't know nuthin' about 'em!
    I know that is what would happen here, If i made them. probably dh would want a double batch, then later, tell me his tummy hurt. He did today, after eating 2 loafs of bread, and a jar of jam. A pint jar!
    He would love these for sure.
    momof23goats

The same thing happened to Dread a few years ago with a large plate of oatmeal cookies......I mean....
    "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready." Revelation 19:7

Easy Danish Butter Cookies

I got this recipe from the link in the OP. The "Easy" part of the title caught my eye. So, I tried this recipe today for the first time. It's a keeper! And... it really was easy. In fact.. it's the first time I've ever had success with a sugar type cookie recipe. LOL!

This recipe makes about 2 1/2 dozen, or a few more than that. They look kind of small when you slice them, but they spread and puff up a bit on the pan when they cook. They are very tender, light and good.

When you're making these, the dough is very, very soft, and needs to be rolled into a log on wax paper, and then wrapped in wax paper or plastic wrap, and put in the fridge or freezer to get the right consistancy for slicing.

Here it is, for anyone who might want to try them.

Danish Butter Cookies

1 stick of butter, 1 stick of margarine, 1 1/4 cups of powdered sugar, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 cups of all purpose flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp cream of tartar, 1/8 tsp salt.

(I didn't have any margarine, so I used 1stick of butter, and an equal amount, ('1/4 th. of a cup' of "butter flavored Crisco".

Cream together butter, margarine, powdered sugar. Beat in egg, vanilla and salt.

Add dry ingredients to wet. Mix well. Divide dough in half and roll each half into a 2" wide "snake". Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator or freeze.

Slice in 1/4" slices and place on cookie sheet. Decorate with sprinkles or colored sugar before baking, 8 to 10 minutes at 350 deg. Makes 5 dozen. Oh cool on racks if they last that long. ( I only got about 2 1/2) dozen out of the recipe )

This is easy because it can be made days before you want them. Just take out of fridge and slice and bake.

"Blessed are the cracked, for they let light into the world". ~unknown~

Talking

I believe you might have eaten one to many of these…

Yum!! Great ideas!

I always love (and need) new cookie recipes.

I had to come back and edit this, as I put 1/4 cup of butter flavored Crisco, and should be 1/2 cup. I couldn't edit the post. So, use 1/2 cup instead of 1/4 cup of the Crisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartofdixie View Post
    Easy Danish Butter Cookies

I got this recipe from the link in the OP. The "Easy" part of the title caught my eye. So, I tried this recipe today for the first time. It's a keeper! And... it really was easy. In fact.. it's the first time I've ever had success with a sugar type cookie recipe. LOL!

This recipe makes about 2 1/2 dozen, or a few more than that. They look kind of small when you slice them, but they spread and puff up a bit on the pan when they cook. They are very tender, light and good.

When you're making these, the dough is very, very soft, and needs to be rolled into a log on wax paper, and then wrapped in wax paper or plastic wrap, and put in the fridge or freezer to get the right consistancy for slicing.

Here it is, for anyone who might want to try them.

Danish Butter Cookies

1 stick of butter, 1 stick of margarine, 1 1/4 cups of powdered sugar, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 cups of all purpose flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp cream of tartar, 1/8 tsp salt.

(I didn't have any margarine, so I used 1stick of butter, and an equal amount, ('1/4 th. of a cup' of "butter flavored Crisco".

Cream together butter, margarine, powdered sugar. Beat in egg, vanilla and salt.

Add dry ingredients to wet. Mix well. Divide dough in half and roll each half into a 2" wide "snake". Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator or freeze.

Slice in 1/4" slices and place on cookie sheet. Decorate with sprinkles or colored sugar before baking, 8 to 10 minutes at 350 deg. Makes 5 dozen. Oh cool on racks if they last that long. ( I only got about 2 1/2) dozen out of the recipe )

This is easy because it can be made days before you want them. Just take out of fridge and slice and bake.

"Blessed are the cracked, for they let light into the world". ~unknown~

BTT...it's time to make the cookies again for the holidays. And that site mom posted has any kind of cookie you could dream up. And a bit hard on the printer...but I'll go to it again hehehe...

She

Bump!.....its that time again!