Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I LOST my chocolate chip cookie recipe....

Default I LOST my chocolate chip cookie recipe....

It was the best recipe I've ever found. Crispy but not hard. Held it's shape when baked (didn't spread all over the pan). Good flavor. Even my MIL asks for my chocolate chip cookies...and THAT never happens, trust me I made them last weekend and went to make a batch today and can't find it! I've looked all over the kitchen, even under the bread machine and the microwave...

So....help a sister out....What's YOUR favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe?
    Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

Here is my favorite. They are chewy and don't get hard like some do.

She

Chocolate chip cookies

1 1/2 cups brown sugar
    3/4 cup butter
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 eggs
    2 1/4 cups flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup chocolate chips
    1/2 cup walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs in large bowl until well blended. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drop by Tablespoons onto lightly greased pan. Bake in preheated oven 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown.

Once I was hosting a birthday party for a lady who was very fond of chocolate chip cookies. So I mixed up a batch of dough and molded it into one big cookie in a pizza pan. Then I warmed the bottom of a one pound chocolate kiss over the stove and stuck it in the center of the big cookie. It was ... well received.

I use the one on the back of the Nestle's chocolate chips package but only bake for about 6 minutes - just until they aren't shiny anymore and I can just see some browning on the edges - then let them cool on the cookie sheet.
    EVERYONE loves them and begs me to make more. They are very moist.
    Not crispy - like the ones you speak of so not sure how that would happen.

The trick to my way of doing it is not letting them dry out by cooking them the full time. By the time they cool enough on the pan they are cooked just right.

I was running into the problem when I did it according to their directions on the package, where by the time they were cooled enough to take off the pan (and not fall apart) they had over cooked on the cookie sheet and were too crisp and dried out. So I started experimenting (this was when I was young and making a perfect cc cookie was paramount to making 'it' as a cook)

I finally realized it wasn't the ingredients as much as it was the length of time cooked.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

This is the old SOAR database.

http://www.recipesource.com/

Over the years, I've wanted to recreate recipes from my childhood, and the original recipes were long gone, along with the relatives who made them.

http://www.recipesource.com/baked-go...4/rec2410.html

Then I found this database. Amazing! I not only found a lot of those old recipes, but I got ideas for things to try on a limited budget.

Perhaps you'll be able to locate your cookie recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
    This is the old SOAR database.

http://www.recipesource.com/

Over the years, I've wanted to recreate recipes from my childhood, and the original recipes were long gone, along with the relatives who made them.

http://www.recipesource.com/baked-go...4/rec2410.html

Then I found this database. Amazing! I not only found a lot of those old recipes, but I got ideas for things to try on a limited budget.

Perhaps you'll be able to locate your cookie recipe.
    What a COOL site!
    I love the nationality sections. How cool. I love trying recipes from around the world.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Thanks for the suggestions...I'd totally forgotten about Recipe Source. I love that site!
    Emily, from what I remember the Nestle recipe is the closest to what I had...I never bake as long as the recipe calls for either. I'd made some changes to mine, but don't remember exactly what. I know that I used only brown sugar and only butter flavor crisco.
    SheWolf..I think I'll try your recipe today. My DH loves his cookies chewy as much as I love mine crispy...Might make me the "good Mom" today, for a change LOL!!!
    Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

Quote Originally Posted by Housekeeper View Post
    It was the best recipe I've ever found. Crispy but not hard. Held it's shape when baked (didn't spread all over the pan). Good flavor. Even my MIL asks for my chocolate chip cookies...and THAT never happens, trust me I made them last weekend and went to make a batch today and can't find it! I've looked all over the kitchen, even under the bread machine and the microwave...

So....help a sister out....What's YOUR favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe?
    For choc chip I usually use the recipe on the Nestle Tollhouse packet of choc chips, always good. They have these swirl chips that are a blend of dark and white chocolate that are really great too. I have some new recipes I'm going to be trying this year so I'll try and post them.
    Pull my finger!

I guess to some people chains don't matter as long as they have the right letter on them. Frankly I don't want to be in chains.

"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause." Padme in Star Wars Episode III

Housekeeper....I made some today too while the deer was hanging. The guys found them so now out of 3 dozen cookies, they left me 3!!! I swear it is like having a bunch of teens around instead of men lol!

She

I actually have...well, okay I was going to say I have 4 left, but apparently dh was up during the night snacking...there is 1!!!! left. They were good!!