Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I LOST my chocolate chip cookie recipe....

Quote Originally Posted by Housekeeper View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions...I'd totally forgotten about Recipe Source. I love that site!
    Emily, from what I remember the Nestle recipe is the closest to what I had...I never bake as long as the recipe calls for either. I'd made some changes to mine, but don't remember exactly what. I know that I used only brown sugar and only butter flavor crisco.
    SheWolf..I think I'll try your recipe today. My DH loves his cookies chewy as much as I love mine crispy...Might make me the "good Mom" today, for a change LOL!!!
    I would think the replacement of brown sugar for white (more molasses)
    might create a more crispy effect as molasses is a different type of sugar texture that may crisp up. Either that or - what did you replace with the crisco? The recipe calls for butter rather than crisco. Maybe that is why yours had a crispiness to them.

I think you may have answered your question with those two ingredients - worth a try anyway.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Default Alton Brown videos

The host of the cooking show Good Eats did a show about the three types of chocolate chip cookies...Fluffy, Chewy and Crispy. He takes a basic recipe and shows how to alter it in order to arrive at your cookie texture preference. (ie increasing baking soda for a flatter cookie etc)

Here are the vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB-KVveLp3k

"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready." Revelation 19:7

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    The host of the cooking show Good Eats did a show about the three types of chocolate chip cookies...Fluffy, Chewy and Crispy. He takes a basic recipe and shows how to alter it in order to arrive at your cookie texture preference. (ie increasing baking soda for a flatter cookie etc)

Here are the vids:

BC I would need to try the basic recipe and try to alter it in order to arrive..last time i baked a two layer cake i put the frosting on before it cooled off..i couldn't figure out why the frosting did not want to stick to cake until my laughing wife told me..that the cakes needed to cool 1st

Replacing the butter with butter flavored Crisco and using all brown sugar gave me perfect cookies!!

4 1/2 C all purpose flour
    2 tsp bk soda
    2 tsp salt

Mix together, set aside.

Cream together 2 C butter flavor crisco
    3 C brown sugar

When fluffy add 4 eggs and 1 T vanilla ext.

Mix well.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, then add 1 bag of chocolate chips. If you MUST spoil the cookies...you may add nuts at this point

Scoop with an icecream scoop (I think it's 1/4 C measure) onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You'll get about 6 cookies to a pan. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes depending on your oven and how dark/crispy you like your cookies. Mine come out perfectly at 13 minutes. Browned and crispy around the edges, soft in the center.

Makes 25 huge cookies.

I made these and sent into the school yesterday for "birthday treat day" to celebrate my sons 11th birthday. I had teachers coming up and telling me how good my cookies are
    Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

I FOUND my recipe!!!! (it was stuck in the recipe box, under salads....go figure )

The only difference between what I used before and what I posted above is 2 eggs instead of 4. I think that's why they got that lovely crispy texture.
    Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

I use the Toll House recipe too, with a couple of changes. I don't the cookies as long as it says either. I bake them just until they start to brown. With the chips, I use a mixture of mini chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Since I use real butter, I add a tablespoon of flour to the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by SheWoff View Post
    Housekeeper....I made some today too while the deer was hanging. The guys found them so now out of 3 dozen cookies, they left me 3!!! I swear it is like having a bunch of teens around instead of men lol!

She
    My older brother once ate a PLATTER full overnight that I had made for the whole family of 7. There was not even one left. I was hoping he would get sick to his tummy but he didn't. Oi Vey, I was so upset at him for not thinking about anyone in the home except himself. Turns out, he lives his whole life that way and because he has curly blond hair, big blue eyes and a smile to win the mid-east over, he always gets away with it. AL