Thread: orange marmalade

Default orange marmalade

6 large oranges
    2 tablespoons of lemon juice
    sugar
    Wash oranges, then cut into halves. trim off the stem ends and remove the seeds. cut into thin strips and measure. add 2 cups of water for each cup of fruit. soak over night. bring orange mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat, and simmer until tender. Then add 1 cup of sugar for each cup orange mixture, add the lemon juice and cook, stirring to dissolve the sugar and to prevent sticking , until of the consistency of marmalade.remove from heat and stir for about 5 minutes to prevent the orange strips from floating on top. Pour into sterilized glasses and seal. [hot water bath 5 minutes. just long enough to seal have jars hot, lids hot. ]
    momof23goats

Hey Momof23, will any oranges work? Not sure what mine are? Also have you ever made it with tangerines, since there really is not much white pith to hold the skin together?

Your timing is perfect. I just found a great buy on oranges but cannot eat them all myself so was wondering what to do with the rest.

I LOVE Orange marmalade so this was a perfect answer.

Thank you!
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe