Thread: Pumpkin Oatmeal cookies...nutritious!

Default Pumpkin Oatmeal cookies...nutritious!

These cookies are my family's favorite.....they are delicious and have nutrition.....and very easy....

pumpkin oatmeal cookies

(makes aprox. 2 dozen cookies)

2 cups whole wheat flour*
    1 1/3 cups organic rolled oats*
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    just under 2/3 cup canola oil
    2 eggs
    1 cup canned organic pumpkin, or cooked pureed pumpkin
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 tablespoon ground flax seeds

preheat oven to 350.

mix together flour, oats, baking soda, salt and spices.
    in a separate bowl, mix together sugar, oil, pumpkin, vanilla and flax seeds until very well combined.

add dry ingredients, folding to combine.. (can add a bag of choc. chips or 2 cups raisins if you like)

drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets. they don't spread very much so they can be placed only an inch apart. flatten the tops of the cookies with a fork or with your fingers, to press into cookie shape. sprinkle with sugar on top

bake for 20 minutes at 350. if you are using two sheets of cookies on 2 levels of your oven, rotate the sheets halfway through for even baking. you'll have enough batter for 4 trays.
    remove from oven and get cookies onto a wire rack to cool.
    Last edited by Sunflower; 12-29-2008 at 10:43 PM. Reason: forgot amt. recipe makes...

Wow--those sound outstanding, Sunflower!

Can't wait to try them--many thanks!
    All best,
    Cyberiot

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein

GardenerGirl Guest

Yummm. Of course, I'll have to make a double batch because my homegrown pumpkin is frozen in two cup increments . . .

And then there's that bag of white choco chips in the back of my freezer . . .

Thanks!

Ooops...I just noticed I didn't say to mix the eggs in with the wet ingredients....I beat them lightly with a fork in a separate bowl before adding it in with the other wet ingredients.....I do not use a mixer, just mix it by hand with a wooden spoon. The recipe is sooo easy....I just made a double batch tonight....with chocolate chips of course!

They sound wonderful, Sunflower!!!
    Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27