Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Book suggestions sticky

I picked this up at our unofficial library at work. It was a large hardback and would be expensive if not in paperback. A library should be able to get it.
    Shadow

“The Bronze Horseman” by Paullina Simons
    Chicks book that gives a day to day look at Lenningrad under siege in WW2. Will give young women a perspective on preparedness.
    The earth spins on an axis of denial in an orbit of deceit.

got two books to recommend highly to read. Both are by Joel C. Rosenberg. The first is titled "Inside the Revolution", it is an examination of the Middle East from the perspective of radical Muslims, "Jefffersonian democratist, and reformers that are Muslims and others that have converted to Christianity and are preaching the gospel in those countries. The third part of that book will blow you mind away as he writes about what God is doing in the Middle East. The second is titled "Epicenter" and it relates to the prophecies of Ezekiel chapters 38-39 and the war of Gog and Magog, which is one of the few prophecies that must be fulfilled prior to the second coming of Jesus. It relates that events that are now occuring in the Middle East and Russia are leading towards that fulfilllment.

"Fry The Brain" by John West

"One Nation, Under Surveillance" by Boston T Party

I know "Alas, Babylon" by Pat Frank has been mentioned several times, but it's one of my favorites. Also the Restoration series by Terri Blackstock.
    "Rend your heart and not your garments." Joel 2:13

Default Just a few to mention

In 1935 Sinclair Lewis wrote a book called:

"It Can't Happen Here"

"What Will Happen If America Gets a Dictator ?" It's "satire" but really is an accurate prediction of what we are seeing now. A good look at how americans might allow themselves to "get took" and wait too long to take the lessons of history seriously. A good book for possibly convincing loved ones that it CAN happen here. Since it's so "old" it's message kind of sneaks up on the reader like parables and allegories can.
    I have many survival books, founding father's books, conspiracy books, but what I find very fascinating is how the public (both Don't GI's and the Do GI's) acts, reacts, denies, procrastinates, etc.

"Lucifer's Hammer" (Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle) is another one. I lost my original copy and just recently picked up a second copy on ebay for under $5 including shipping.
    BTW Jerry Pournelle was a good friend of Mel Tappen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Tappan
    Lots of twists and turns, top notch writers, and again, showing the many kinds of reactions, good and bad, of the people tossed into teotwawki scenario(s). Lots of "hard" science and technology for prepping ideas, many I've never seen mentioned anywhere else, ever. Although nothing of the caliber of:

"Patriots" (James Wesley, Rawles)
    This book had me going to find out what BLOOD-TYPE I have, along with eveyone else in the family. "Complete" info on what you should have if you may have to do an emergency blood transfusion. (!)
    This book has an INDEX for prep and survival information for all the details mentioned throughout. And again, a lot of solid info woven in, figuring out how to deal with desperate people, some trustworthy, some insane beasts.
    Don in MN

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.”Thomas Paine

"...for I know whom I have believed,
    and am persuaded that he is able
    to keep that which I have committed
    unto him against that day."

~
    II Timothy 1:12b

~

The Great Plains of one of the Dakotas...

Liberal Facism - Jonah Goldberg

Lot of good suggestions here...here are some of my favorites in fiction:

Alas Babylon
    Lucifer's Hammer
    Earth Abides
    The Stand
    Malevil
    Swan Song
    The Road
    World War Z
    The Handmaid's Tale
    Oryx and Crake

There are some books I have read once and want to get in my possesion so I can read them again like "Down To A Sunless Sea" and then Margaret Atwood has written a followup to "Oryx and Crake" called "The Year of the Flood" that I plan on getting ahold of pretty soon.

Right now I am in the middle of reading "One Second After" by William Forstchen, about an America reeling from an EMP burst attack, and it's pretty damn good.

That is some of my fiction reading, and will at a later time post some of the nonfiction books I have, and some I still need to get.

http://www.whale.to/b/mullins5.html

online copy of Secrets of the Federal Reserve by Eustace Mullins
    Govt is not reason, not eloquent; it is force. Like fire it's a dangerous servant and a fearful master -- George Washington

"The inability of the colonists to get power to issue their own money permanently out of the hands of George III and international bankers was the PRIME reason for the Revolutionary War" --Benjamin Franklin Autobiography

The Money Masters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXt1cayx0hs

I recommend Wolves in Sheeps Clothing "Liberalism Formula for Failure" by Dr. Clark Jensen. You can find out more here > http://drclarkjensen.com/wolves-in-sheeps-clothing/

It is available as a free download in the Apple App Store.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

I recently read Solar Flare written back around 1997 by the late Larry Burkett. Still informative for the average person and an action packed tale of "what if" the Grid went down.
    "This is my Father's world.
    O let me ne'er forget
    that though the wrong seems oft so strong,
    God is the ruler yet."